Anyone here send a CZ to Cajun Gun Works for action work?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tbhausen

Master
    Rating - 100%
    83   0   0
    Feb 12, 2010
    West Central IN
    Hey, guys, I haven't been back to the range since I got the RAMI D back, but to say the trigger feels fantastic pretty much sums it up. It's SO much easier to keep the sights on-target during that first (decocked) DA pull. I guess I'd say the first pull feels like a S&W revolver--smooth and long, but lighter (about 8.5 lbs.). The SA pull is very 1911-like. It's just great--it feels like an entirely different gun than when I sent it away.

I'll write more after I shoot it. Also, I know this it's hard to describe something as esoteric as action work in words and it's not cheap, so if anyone is considering this, please don't hesitate to PM me if you want to meet out at MCF&G and give it a try.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    I decided to send my compact. I got it back the other day and took it to the range yesterday. For anyone who is sitting on the fence...jump! It is absolutely awesome.

tbhausen

Master
    Rating - 100%
    83   0   0
    Feb 12, 2010
    West Central IN
    Hey, Birds, I just circled back here from a link in the CZ forum... how did your trigger come out? My DA (decocked) pull is 8 lbs 10 ozs. and my SA pull is 3 lbs 8 ozs. A couple people who've tried it kind of go "whoa?..." at that SA pull on a defensive pistol, but hey, by the time that comes into play, the first shot's been fired so I'm just fine with it.

I still haven't gotten the thing to the range yet (this winter has SUCKED), but I did finally acquire enough ammo where I feel OK about doing some shooting. Anyhow, wanted to see if you had any additional thoughts or if anyone else had action work done to their CZ.

Mad Macs, how did yours turn out?

Last edited:

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Hey, Birds, I just circled back here from a link in the CZ forum... how did your trigger come out? My DA (decocked) pull is 8 lbs 10 ozs. and my SA pull is 3 lbs 8 ozs. A couple people who've tried it kind of go "whoa?..." at that SA pull on a defensive pistol, but hey, by the time that comes into play, the first shot's been fired so I'm just fine with it.

I still haven't gotten the thing to the range yet (this winter has SUCKED), but I did finally acquire enough ammo where I feel OK about doing some shooting. Anyhow, wanted to see if you had any additional thoughts or if anyone else had action work done to their CZ.

Mad Macs, how did yours turn out?

Sorry, I just saw your post. I sent my compact down and, since then, I have purchased two drop in kits. I had a friend install one on my RAMI and one on a recently purchased 75B. It is a double edged sword. I now have three awesome guns with almost exactly the same trigger feel. I also have become a trigger snob and no other guns feel right to me. I use to have 10 to 12 handguns at any one time and I liked having different models and shooting different things. Now these are my only three guns and if I do decide to purchase another it will have to be a CZ or Canik and will have to have a CGW trigger job. My friend has a Shadow that he got from CZ Custom and that also has a very nice trigger but, for the money, you simply can't beat David at CGW. He also does 1911s and my friend is saving up to send down his Springfield loaded Champion. I am afraid that if he does and it is anywhere near as good as the CZ triggers I will have to have one. Oh well, it's only money.
    Enjoy!

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    I have a P-01 that I have been considering to send to either CGW or CZCustom shop.

If you guys don't mind me asking how much do the trigger jobs cost on average?

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    I have a P-01 that I have been considering to send to either CGW or CZCustom shop.

If you guys don't mind me asking how much do the trigger jobs cost on average?

They have pricing on the site. www.cajungunworks.com.

It really depends on what you get done. If you would like to come up and shoot one of mine to see if you like it drop me a line.

cundiff5535

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Feb 19, 2012
    Nwi
    I know this is a older thread but, I wanted to pop in and chime in here! I have worked with both CZCustom and CGW... I have to say, David from CGW is a fantastic guy who always goes far above what I expect from someone when it comes to customer service! Thats high praise considering this aspect of business is lost these days. On top of that CGW produces quality parts and I really like the fact that Davids shop is not some huge outfit that is commercial... I really like supporting small business in this country and anytime I can find a place like CGW, they are typically tops on my list!

As I say that, I have also dealt with CZC... Stuart is the only guy over there i would work with. Rob was not nearly as nice and seemed somewhat annoyed by my "novice" questions. Dont get me wrong, these guys do fantastic work and the fact that they work so closely with CZ-USA is something that I cant argue with but, they are extremely busy and they are a larger shop... For me, something always gets lost as I prefer smaller shops who are interested in every piece of work that comes into their shop. Again... I wouldnt hesitate to send these folks my pistols, and you can expect an extremely good product from them but, go in knowing that your are going to have a very long wait, not as good of service, and may deal with a few burnt out folks over there.

If anyone if interested, I know Automatic Accuracy is a very nice shop as well!! I have talked to some folks who prefer them over both CZC and CGW... I would call each one and send your pistol to whoever you feel best about. With any of these guys, you can be confident that you will get your pistol back better than you ever thought!

Anyway, I am sending a few off to CGW this month and one off to CZC... Like i said, they are both awesome shops, I prefer David though...

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    I know this is a older thread but, I wanted to pop in and chime in here! I have worked with both CZCustom and CGW... I have to say, David from CGW is a fantastic guy who always goes far above what I expect from someone when it comes to customer service! Thats high praise considering this aspect of business is lost these days. On top of that CGW produces quality parts and I really like the fact that Davids shop is not some huge outfit that is commercial... I really like supporting small business in this country and anytime I can find a place like CGW, they are typically tops on my list!

As I say that, I have also dealt with CZC... Stuart is the only guy over there i would work with. Rob was not nearly as nice and seemed somewhat annoyed by my "novice" questions. Dont get me wrong, these guys do fantastic work and the fact that they work so closely with CZ-USA is something that I cant argue with but, they are extremely busy and they are a larger shop... For me, something always gets lost as I prefer smaller shops who are interested in every piece of work that comes into their shop. Again... I wouldnt hesitate to send these folks my pistols, and you can expect an extremely good product from them but, go in knowing that your are going to have a very long wait, not as good of service, and may deal with a few burnt out folks over there.

If anyone if interested, I know Automatic Accuracy is a very nice shop as well!! I have talked to some folks who prefer them over both CZC and CGW... I would call each one and send your pistol to whoever you feel best about. With any of these guys, you can be confident that you will get your pistol back better than you ever thought!

Anyway, I am sending a few off to CGW this month and one off to CZC... Like i said, they are both awesome shops, I prefer David though...

What are you sending off? I just received my parts from CGW for my RAMI. That will make three guns either sent to or modified with parts from CGW. I can't say enough about David and the way he does business. The results have been fantastic and I feel good about where my money is going. My friend, who does most of the installation, and I have had some small issues doing the RAMI and David is never too busy to lend some advice and pointers. I don't think twice anymore about where to send a gun or buy parts.

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    Good to hear. I'm on the hunt for a 97b. Once I find one, it'll be going to CGW for an action/trigger job.

turnandshoot4

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 29, 2008
    Kouts
    Anyone have a problem with their extended firing pin and spring for the shadow? Mine got stuck in the forward position (1/2" outside the firing pin hole) in the middle of a match. I had to ditch it and run another pistol. I looked down and the firing pin was protruding from the slide so far it couldn't chamber another round (thank goodness).

I ordered a new firing pin spring just to make sure. The current has about 1k through it. I am sure it being pinned in the closed position isn't good for it.

Top Bottom