• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jcole123

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 13, 2022
    Indianapolis
    Looking at an Olight weapon light for my Glock 29, specifically the Baldr Mini. I wanted to know if anyone had any experience using one of their weaponlights and if they liked the product or think it is worth the extra money to buy a Streamlight. Thanks!

INP8riot

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2023
    West Central
    As a light it is ok. The adjustability on the gun is good. As a lazer, it sucks. It is easily moveable once mounted and tightened. It won't hold zero. Pressure on the side of the light can move the lazer in either direction a foot either way at 30 feet. I mean inside a house for defense when half awake it would be OK because it would get you close, but anything precision is not there. The Streamlight TLR is way bigger and then the lazer adds more bulk to the bottom. My BIL was raving about it so I bought a couple. Mounted it and tested it and removed it. I told him about the movement and he changed his out.

I have Streamlight TLR HL on a lot of my handguns. Police proven for years! On that compact a TLR 7 would be a solid choice. I have some of those as well. The TLR 8 would add the lazer in. My wife's purse gun has the TLR 8 on it. She keeps it twisted to off because it always gets bumped on. I tested it the other day and I haven't checked it in a while. Twist and click, light and lazer were there! And she beats it up pretty good.

Last edited:

jcole123

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 13, 2022
    Indianapolis
    As a light it is ok. The adjustability on the gun is good. As a lazer, it sucks. It is easily moveable once mounted and tightened. It won't hold zero. Pressure on the side of the light can move the lazer in either direction a foot either way at 30 feet. I mean inside a house for defense when half awake it would be OK because it would get you close, but anything precision is not there. The Streamlight TLR is way bigger and then the lazer adds more bulk to the bottom. My BIL was raving about it so I bought a couple. Mounted it and tested it and removed it. I told him about the movement and he changed his out.

I have Streamlight TLR HL on a lot of my handguns. Police proven for years! On that compact a TLR 7 would be a solid choice. I have some of those as well. The TLR 8 would add the lazer in. My wife's purse gun has the TLR 8 on it. She keeps it twisted to off because it always gets bumped on. I tested it the other day and I haven't checked it in a while. Twist and click, light and lazer were there! And she beats it up pretty good.
    Thank you. I am trying to avoid having a massive overhang on the front of the pistol with a bulbous light. The TLR 7 or 8 seems like it would fit what I am looking for. Nice to know that it also can easily bump itself on.

INP8riot

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2023
    West Central
    FIFY

I hope she has a trigger guard on her purse gun.
    It is in a sleeve made for carry in her purse. Pressure against the side of the sleeve could activate the light but could not pull the trigher. It's a CZ P01 stored with the hammer decocked, so there is a massive first pull.

Goodcat

From a place you cannot see…
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    152   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    New Pal
    After being an olight dealer in a past life, their handhelds are good for the money. Things like the lantern and obulbs are good fun. But I would never trust an olight weapon mounted light on a defensive firearm.

Gingerbeardman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 17, 2017
    Anderson
    After being an olight dealer in a past life, their handhelds are good for the money. Things like the lantern and obulbs are good fun. But I would never trust an olight weapon mounted light on a defensive firearm.
    Why not? Do they fail/come off/lose charge, etc? I have a couple on non -carry guns is why I ask.

Goodcat

From a place you cannot see…
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    152   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    New Pal
    Why not? Do they fail/come off/lose charge, etc? I have a couple on non -carry guns is why I ask.
    Flickering on and off, turning off under heavy use, and I’ve seen them break off of handguns on impacts, their mounts break on rifles, etc. Most common is pistol lights shutting off under regular recoil, and I experienced it a lot personally. They aren’t always breaking of course. But the frequency of olight failures to others is extremely dramatic. I only recommend streamlight + anymore (malkov, Arisaka, surefire, modlite, etc).

Plus there’s the issues of handhelds melting cloths from poor circuitry, the one that blew up and killed a guy (user error of batteries and holding it in his mouth, but no other flashlight would have done that).

Their long range and “toy” types lights are a blast to play with though.

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Danville
    Why? I´ve got at least 1,000 rounds down the pipe on mine and haven´t had so much as a flicker. Am I just lucky?

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Why? I´ve got at least 1,000 rounds down the pipe on mine and haven´t had so much as a flicker. Am I just lucky?
    probably.
    And Goodcat forgot the recall that one model could turn on in your pocket and cause severe burns from the high light output.

I;ve still got one of those recalled lights. They aint getting it from me. it rides in its holster on my "bump in the night" belt, so I'm not worried.

Top Bottom