• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2009
    SE Indy
    Awhile back I picked up a older new to me revolver. Inside the box was all the normal PPW Plus the original receipt from when the pistol was new. It also had this unusual form I have never seen.
    I have been buying guns in Indiana since 1982. So just curious.

1315 Firearms licensing AND registration State form 1464

Were we once required to register our pew pews in the Great state of Indiana??

I'm sure someone will know

Attachments

• 16960346927151112295974705938432.jpg
      16960346927151112295974705938432.jpg
      636.3 KB · Views: 110
    Last edited:

Winamac

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 11, 2011
    Logansport
    Well, If my memory serves me. At one time(many moons ago) here in our great state. When one purchased a handgun without a carry permit. There was a 3 day waiting period before you could take it home with you. Maybe the paper you found has something to do with that, as it does have Indiana State Police on it? Just a guess?

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    As I recall we did have a registration back in the day. I recall when I got my first pistol at 18 I registered it with Brownsburg PD. I dont know if I was a noob and did it because I thought I needed to, or because it was mandatory. (Dad told me I needed to) That was like, 1990-ish.

Cynical

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 21, 2013
    peru
    Awhile back I picked up a older new to me revolver. Inside the box was all the normal PPW Plus the original receipt from when the pistol was new. It also had this unusual form I have never seen.
    I have been owing guns since 1982. So just curious.

1315 Firearms licensing AND registration State form 1464

Were we once required to register our pew pews in the Great state of Indiana??

I'm sure someone will know
    Back in the 80’s and 90’s when a handgun was sold you had to take fingerprints and send it to the county and to the state. My family had a sporting goods store in Peru for about 70 years and I worked there as an early teen and even managed it for about 7 years after I got out of the army. Kind of a blast from the past. Bucks Bait Shop was the name. I’m a dope when it comes to all things tech so I’m glad I’m done with that business.

joncon

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Mar 30, 2013
    Bartholomew County
    Around 1980 if you had a license to carry a handgun you had to register your carry gun. I remember I carried a S&W model 60 and had to register it with the Bartholomew county sheriff. I don't remember if the register form looked like the one you have or not.

Rating - 100%
    129   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    Around 1980 if you had a license to carry a handgun you had to register your carry gun. I remember I carried a S&W model 60 and had to register it with the Bartholomew county sheriff. I don't remember if the register form looked like the one you have or not.
    I've never registered a firearm in the state of Indiana. Never heard of this. 1st LTCH was in 1979.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    That form I don't remember. Indiana had a three piece handgun purchase form, a white paperboard one that went to the state police, a pink paper one that was sent to the local police of the purchaser, and a yellow one retained by the seller.

The whole thing faded out as it was not catching criminals, a monument to anti gun hysteria.

mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey
    From a printer's perspective,

- does it have dark carbon paper between the copies? That gives a clue of it's age. Although carbon sheets held on for a long time after carbonless arrived due to expense of carbonless, and the complexity of the machines that were running carbon at an efficient cost.

- Surprised there's no SS# asked for. I believe before the digital age, it was common for official forms to require SS#, and nobody thought twice about it.

- is this a very old gun, before SS#'s ?

- has anybody tried to call the phone number on the form? Maybe they could shed some light on it :@ya: .

dvd1955

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 10, 2013
    Howard County
    Back in the 80’s and 90’s when a handgun was sold you had to take fingerprints and send it to the county and to the state. My family had a sporting goods store in Peru for about 70 years and I worked there as an early teen and even managed it for about 7 years after I got out of the army. Kind of a blast from the past. Bucks Bait Shop was the name. I’m a dope when it comes to all things tech so I’m glad I’m done with that business.
    Was that on hwy 124 just on the southeast edge of town?

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Back in the 80s I can remember dad took his handguns into the county sheriffs to have them registered in case something was ever stolen. Maybe that is the same form?

He gave me a pistol in 1997. We had a friend who was an FFL “transfer” it to me so that I could get a record of the transaction. I needed this when I moved to Michigan. Back then you had to take your handguns with receipt into the police department and submit to a safety check. I even had to take a written test. Then each gun got a little green card to keep with the pistol.

Hunter58

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jun 26, 2009
    Lafayette
    I remember in the 70's you could have your handgun registered with the Lafayette Police department. It was supposed to help if it was stolen. I recall in the late 70's taking a handgun down to the LPD to register and met with the chief of police and was told it was only voluntary. I left without registering it.

Top Bottom