• Elcardo

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 14, 2020
    Ft.wayne
    Think these were from a company called vox or something like that
    Anyone ever tried to re use them?
    Have more 9mm brass than I will likely use need for some time so this post is just out of curiosity

Attachments

• 20220724_115246.jpg
      20220724_115246.jpg
      200.8 KB · Views: 30
    Last edited:

Squid556

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 26, 2022
    Wabash Co.
    Ive wanted to experiment with those cases ever since I saw then introduced a few years back.

I remember hearing how they have a lot of benefits. Think you either have more case capacity and/or can load to higher pressure than a standard brass case. Supposedly they have longer life for reloaders as well. Should also be able to pick up with a magnet.

Ive only seen them loaded with the Seismic ammo thus far.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Too bad Kent Lomont has passed, we could find out what the limits are as far as extra power. ;)

Bosshoss

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 11, 2009
    MADISON
    Hmm, interesting. I wonder if any 9mm Major guys are actually using them. I would guess not.

Being magnetic would be nice, but it also means it's not a great SS for corrosion.
    9 major guys are using them. A few at least.
    Kinda expensive but very durable.
    Kinda a answer to a question no one asked IMO.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Kent and I had various dealings with Automags, the first Desert Eagles, and NFA stuff, I do miss those times. The first 357 DE pistols we were loading Blue Dot so high would fill the case tamp it down with a dowel and the fill it back up before compressing the bullet on top.

I won't divulge those numbers, but I still have and shoot that old DE even today.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Kent and I had various dealings with Automags, the first Desert Eagles, and NFA stuff, I do miss those times. The first 357 DE pistols we were loading Blue Dot so high would fill the case tamp it down with a dowel and the fill it back up before compressing the bullet on top.

I won't divulge those numbers, but I still have and shoot that old DE even today.
    Holy crap! I've got some pretty hot .357 loads that I will only shoot out of my Manhurin revolver but they weren't that hot!

Elcardo

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 14, 2020
    Ft.wayne
    Well didn't even think about it and tossed them in my wet tumble with lemishine and it turned the bottoms of the cases copper color.
    Well at any rate I'm not going to reload these since it was mentioned I'd need a special die but I definitely appreciate the comments

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    The ones I loaded hurt to shoot out of the revolver. I know that a semi-auto would take a little sting out, but still...

When we decapped the cases for reloading, the primers looked like little mushrooms, you could see every detail and machine mark around where the firing pin was. ;)

Top Bottom