• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Treel98

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 7, 2022
    Griffith IN
    Well the time is finally coming and I'll be going to thunder ranch at the end of next month. Me and my dad will be taking their urban rifle course and was wondering if anyone here has ever been. If anyone has any advice please throw it out there.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    Never been there, but my advice would be to pack some thick skin. Mr Smith doesn't seem to pull any punches and I doubt his instructors do either.

ETA I am officially jelly.

BiscuitsandGravy

Future 'shootered'
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 8, 2016
    At the Ranch.
    Always wanted to go with my son. Never made it. His video about AR braces (SBA3, etc) was a bit much. Mr. Smith was not a fan of the brace in his video.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    Well the time is finally coming and I'll be going to thunder ranch at the end of next month. Me and my dad will be taking their urban rifle course and was wondering if anyone here has ever been. If anyone has any advice please throw it out there.
    This one is on my short list. Very jealous and eagerly awaiting the review afterwards.

KokomoDave

Enigma Suspect
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    76   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Kokomo
    The current top admin is a Hoosier.

I was one of the students in his academy.

Do you know who the instructor is?

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    No experience with Thunder Ranch but have a blast , it's my understanding these will be the last courses actually at the ranch. My only advice would be I know they have unique ammo requirements so make sure you have the correct ammo for the class.

Treel98

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 7, 2022
    Griffith IN
    No experience with Thunder Ranch but have a blast , it's my understanding these will be the last courses actually at the ranch. My only advice would be I know they have unique ammo requirements so make sure you have the correct ammo for the class.
    This I did know. I went through their suppliers so it should be waiting for me on day 1 from what I've been promised.

BiscuitsandGravy

Future 'shootered'
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 8, 2016
    At the Ranch.
    I don't think I've seen that particular video from him. If you had a link I would much appreciate it.
    Here you go... I forgot it was buried in a TFB video...

The next question should have been, if 30 round mags are outlawed, will you only use 10 rounders, Clint, because well 'cheating'?

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Honestly I don't know what questions I have, I'll be taking the urban rifle course and am not sure exactly what to expect. I suppose just an overview of your experience there.

Bring knee and elbow pads, the rocks hurt.

Bring sun block.

Bring some way of covering for your neck.

You need to stretch and run. Practice holding rifle out with both hands then one. Hand exercises are great too.

I always carried blue gun around house for a couple of weeks before leaving to reinforce muzzle discipline.

Drink water. Shut up, don't be that guy who won't shut up, or who wants to teach the class, just shut up for your classmates.

Write stuff down after class. Drinks lots of water at dinner and no booze or heavy meals.

Clayshoot07

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2017
    North Central
    I've never been to the Ranch, buuuttt, when I was in high school my dad bought a rusty 1982 Toyota pickup truck. The truck kinda became mine when we started asking some questions about its history. We know the previous owner pretty well. It turns out the original owner was Clint Smith himself!!! And yes I combed over that truck reeeaalll good to see if he left anything behind.....

Luke.Schlatter

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 16, 2022
    Woodburn Indiana
    I have to admit I’m extremely jealous of you, I’ve seen tons of videos and I agree that Mr. Smith doesn’t seem to put up with crap, I’d love to hear how it went

Top Bottom