anyone else with poor xm and gps reception lately?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    I've noticed my xm reception cutting in and out a lot more recently. I thought it might have been my antenna cable as the antenna is on my trunk lid and flexes whenever the trunk is opened. It is cutting out on my bike a lot more often as well. Also, I can't seem to get as strong of gps reception either. On my trip from the Florida Keys to back home in June, I think I couldn't get signal at least half the time. I'm just wondering if anyone else is having trouble and if there are satelite issues.

Bigum1969

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    SW Indiana
    I have a navigation/XM system built into my Avalanche, and it has been working well for the two months I've owned it. I really only drop my signal when I get into some thick trees or an overpass. If you're dropping that much, there might be something wrong with your receiver.

I also have a portable receiver that I use when I camp, and it is a lot more fussy than the one built into my avalanche.

The Meach

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 23, 2009
    Nobletucky
    Yeah my Parents mentioned to me that the XM has been going and out more often in their new car than it did a month or so ago.

Weird. Must be those Government Brain scan waves

TinFoilHatArea.jpg

Top Bottom