Anyone else get a DVD from the NRA in the mail?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Noland

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 28, 2009
    N IN
    This is the second time I have received a DVD in the mail from the NRA, along with a note telling me to send them money for it or send it back. Last time I got one, a couple of years ago, I mailed the DVD back and marked the box on the form stating that I do not want to be sent any more DVDs. Then today I get another one.

I hate to be a tool about it, but I am sick of this crap. /rant

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    By law, it's yours whether you send them money or not. Keep it or throw it out and tell them to get bent. Unsolicited items sent through the mail are considered "gifts".

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 21, 2011
    Wonder what NRA list your on, i've never received a dvd from the NRA. Nor have i received anything saying to give them money or send it back.

Noland

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 28, 2009
    N IN
    This one is a Rob Pincus video. I am not going to keep it but I am going to watch it before I mail it back. Maybe I should think of this as Netflix alternative.

nradvd.jpg

AZ Hunter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 20, 2010
    Tucson, AZ
    I agree with Scutter....if they want it back they should send postage. Screw them though, don't send me something in the mail and then expect it back when I didn't ask for it in the first place!

Noland

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 28, 2009
    N IN
    They did include a prepaid envelope. I know I could keep it but I don't really want it. All I want is for them to not fill my mailbox with crap every other week.

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    They probably get a kickback from the government for making sure the carriers have crap to carry.

<----not a lawyer, just know little tidbits of useful information from time to time

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    They did include a prepaid envelope. I know I could keep it but I don't really want it. All I want is for them to not fill my mailbox with crap every other week.

They could send it already prepacked to ship back, along with a sack full of money. You're under no obligation to do any such thing.

https://postalinspectors.uspis.gov/...fraudschemes/othertypes/UnsolicitedFraud.aspx

I used to have toner vendors pull this crap on me all the time. I ended up with a LOT of free toner.

canav844

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 22, 2011
    No DVD but I got several emails today telling me who I'm supposed to hate, I haven't been a member for years but I've noticed a definite up tick in full court press from them since making an online purchase from a specific firearms accessories vendor. Until they revise their methods while I support their cause they won't be getting a dime from me.

If the DVD truly is yours and you don't want it mail it off to the Brady Campaign and let them deal with it.

mettle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Nov 15, 2008
    central southern IN
    This is the second time I have received a DVD in the mail from the NRA, along with a note telling me to send them money for it or send it back. Last time I got one, a couple of years ago, I mailed the DVD back and marked the box on the form stating that I do not want to be sent any more DVDs. Then today I get another one.

I hate to be a tool about it, but I am sick of this crap. /rant

I kept mine. Said a verbal 'thanks' to the NRA for the free gift.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Reason 4,792 why I no longer support the NRA. They are just as vile as telemarketers and "as seen on tv" commercials.

tmkr

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    I rejoined the NRA last year.As a gift they mailed me pen.It came in a plastic bag marked made in china. That kind of bugged me.

Kingpin

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Grant County
    Last year got the DVD kept it sent no money they wrote a few times I sent a note back and thanked them for the gift they finally got the idea.on the next subject I got a hat as a gift it was made in China I sent it back on my dime with a note saying if they cant send me one made in America I didnt want one didnt hear anymore just seems wrong to send a china product from the NRA my thoughts and rant Thank you...

Hanu

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 30, 2011
    I got the DVD also. Didn't ask for it, didn't want it, threw it away. Every other day it seems they've sent something asking for money. They even sent a membership renewal right after I joined. They might make better use of the dues than to spend it on postage asking for money.:spend:

Top Bottom