Anyone else believe that things happen in 3's ?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MrSmitty

Master of useless information
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    New Albany
    I think I have bad Karma right now. First incident of bad luck... Christmas tree comes crashing to the ground, hitting the glass top coffee table. Shattered ornaments everywhere. Cat nowhere to be found. Second incident.... locked my keys in the car while putting air in my tires. The man waiting for the air machine was staring daggers at me when I walked away to find a phone. (cellphone was locked in car too) XtremeVel to the rescue. He brought my keys and was very sweet to me. ( brownie points! :D) Third incident...my car was broken into last night and ransacked. They were looking for cash evidently. ( yeah...right, like I have any :rolleyes: ) They went thru the glove box and console, anihilated my owners manual, and threw my CD's everywhere. I guess they didn't like my Twilight Soundtrack, Guns-n-Roses, or my ABBA CD's. They even left the Metalica! They evidently have no taste in music. :D Hopefully, my run of bad luck is over! GEESH!
    You admit to having, much less listening, to ABBA????........oh sorry should have been in purple.......

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    I had Guns and Roses, Paramore and Michael Jackson's greatest hits in there too! If I'd left my RATT, Sammy Hagar, and Nickelback in there, they would have taken those! I like a variety of music! :rockwoot:

If they'd taken RATT, Sammy Hagar, and Nickelback I'd call my cousin's husband and tell him to give them back. Dude has an amazing rock star mullet (getting close to a skullet, couple more years and there won't be anything on top). If you were missing a Twisted Sister greatest hits I'd know without a doubt that it was him. I HATE Michael Jackson but I'd have probably taken that just so I had something other than Christmas music to listen to while driving. They really need to keep that stuff on the AM channels.

redneckmedic

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Greenfield
    Well, if you're going to do that, there's also a number for it as well. If you want to practice it (I heard about it many years ago on a Spiritual Site I was on) you can always contact your Angels when there's a combination of 1's. 111, 1:11, 11:11, 11-11-11, and so on. When you see that, just thank your Angels for being there for you and protecting you from any harm that might have or could have come your way.

Please PM the scripture on this, otherwise its not worthless knowledge its just worthless. Biblically speaking, there are some numbers that God shows favor in... but some kind of binary phone-an-angel is nothing I have ever came across in my time in word.

MrsXtremeVel

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    If they'd taken RATT, Sammy Hagar, and Nickelback I'd call my cousin's husband and tell him to give them back. Dude has an amazing rock star mullet (getting close to a skullet, couple more years and there won't be anything on top). If you were missing a Twisted Sister greatest hits I'd know without a doubt that it was him. I HATE Michael Jackson but I'd have probably taken that just so I had something other than Christmas music to listen to while driving. They really need to keep that stuff on the AM channels.

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Mackey

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    interwebs
    I work in and around nursing homes and the elderly in general. It is "common knowledge" that residents die in threes. This is a wide spread belief (and I'll be danged if I haven't seen it happen). I use to say that the Grim Reaper was trying to minimize the number of stops he had to make.

But that being said ... I think it's coincidence, nothing more.

And besides, I think it's bad luck to be superstitious.

Mackey

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    interwebs
    Please PM the scripture on this, otherwise its not worthless knowledge its just worthless. Biblically speaking, there are some numbers that God shows favor in... but some kind of binary phone-an-angel is nothing I have ever came across in my time in word.

While I happen to be a Bible believing Christian ...

Excuse me for saying, but we're not suppoze to be slamming other's religious beliefs here. Christianity is not the only accepted religion here. This spiritual stuff in question is clearly not from the Bible, but bible believers are not the only ones allowed here.

redneckmedic

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Greenfield
    While I happen to be a Bible believing Christian ...

Excuse me for saying, but we're not suppoze to be slamming other's religious beliefs here. Christianity is not the only accepted religion here. This spiritual stuff in question is clearly not from the Bible, but bible believers are not the only ones allowed here.

Lets not quarrel publicly over each other manucia.... no slamming going on, just asking the poster to cite his post.

7th Stepper

Expert
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2011
    Indiana

Sorry Redneck, there is no Scripture reference on this. As I originally stated, I heard this on a "Spiritual" based web site many many years ago. We do practice the 11:11 here tho, it may not be a "phone-an-Angel" thing, but what the heck, I've yet to see it hurt. And what may be "meaningless or worthless" to you, may in fact have some worth to someone else. If nothing else, it's a good way to remember to pray, at least a couple of times a day.

If it doesn't work for you, or you don't believe in it, that's fine. Don't believe in it, or use it, simple as that. There doesn't always have to be a Spiritual reference to everything that someone thinks or feels. I don't base my faith on exactly what's written word for word in the Bible, mine is a more personal relationship, which works just fine for me.

Faith is a very personal matter, and to dictate to someone, or debunk what they think, or what they use to help them remember to pray, is to me anyway, not the way to approach things. God and I are on a first name basis, and as anyone in our family can tell you, I sit and have conversations with Him all the time.

None of us believe in, or adhere to a specific religion, regardless of how we were raised. We've made it a more personal connection, which works just fine for us, but may not for someone else. How they view their Faith is none of our business, and we don't intrude. We even joke that we're (fill in the particular Religion here) "lite", that's whatever, with 1/3rd less guilt. :) I'm sure there are many points that we don't agree on, but our relationship with God is ours, and not open for discussion. We don't force ours on anyone else, and don't allow anyone to force theirs on us.

There's no harm or argument on how or what to use as a trigger for praying, and I doubt that God really cares what exact words that a person uses, we feel that it's what in our hearts that counts. Now, before this turns into a religions discussion or argument, which if you read the FAQ is not allowed, I'll close, and drop it with what works for you and makes you happy is fantastic. And what works for us, and makes us happy, is fantastic also. So to use Bills sig line,

Blessings,
    7th Stepper
    PS: If it's my post that you're referring to....I'm a she, not a he, and the OP of the thread is also a she. Just clarifying.

Last edited:

redneckmedic

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Greenfield
    Minutiae. Just saying.

yeah, spell check couldn't find it, and its not a word I write often enough to find.... thanks

Sorry Redneck, there is no Scripture reference on this. As I originally stated, I heard this on a "Spiritual" based web site many many years ago. We do practice the 11:11 here tho

I wasn't tracking at first (hints asking for clarification) You mean when the clock strikes 11:11 am or pm you stop and pray.... They original way I took it, was every time you saw patterns of 11's you "knew" there was an angel around. This explains my confusion and questioning your findings.

I am the last person to criticize someones faith origins on this forum, I'm just always asking, as I'm always curious. There is a lot of very cool information out there, and asking questions is the only way you can learn about it.

:ingo:

Top Bottom