Anyone else believe that things happen in 3's ?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MrsXtremeVel

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I think I have bad Karma right now. First incident of bad luck... Christmas tree comes crashing to the ground, hitting the glass top coffee table. Shattered ornaments everywhere. Cat nowhere to be found. Second incident.... locked my keys in the car while putting air in my tires. The man waiting for the air machine was staring daggers at me when I walked away to find a phone. (cellphone was locked in car too) XtremeVel to the rescue. He brought my keys and was very sweet to me. ( brownie points! :D) Third incident...my car was broken into last night and ransacked. They were looking for cash evidently. ( yeah...right, like I have any :rolleyes: ) They went thru the glove box and console, anihilated my owners manual, and threw my CD's everywhere. I guess they didn't like my Twilight Soundtrack, Guns-n-Roses, or my ABBA CD's. They even left the Metalica! They evidently have no taste in music. :D Hopefully, my run of bad luck is over! GEESH!

mcolford

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 8, 2010
    I think it comes in 3's. I also believe it is passed off to family members, and after working its way around the family, it will be back Good Luck!

chocktaw2

Home on the Range
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 5, 2011
    Mayberry
    I think I have bad Karma right now. First incident of bad luck... Christmas tree comes crashing to the ground, hitting the glass top coffee table. Shattered ornaments everywhere. Cat nowhere to be found. Second incident.... locked my keys in the car while putting air in my tires. The man waiting for the air machine was staring daggers at me when I walked away to find a phone. (cellphone was locked in car too) XtremeVel to the rescue. He brought my keys and was very sweet to me. ( brownie points! :D) Third incident...my car was broken into last night and ransacked. They were looking for cash evidently. ( yeah...right, like I have any :rolleyes: ) They went thru the glove box and console, anihilated my owners manual, and threw my CD's everywhere. I guess they didn't like my Twilight Soundtrack, Guns-n-Roses, or my ABBA CD's. They even left the Metalica! They evidently have no taste in music. :D Hopefully, my run of bad luck is over! GEESH!

Why would " one " want to divide infinity by three? ;) :dunno:.
    :poop: Happens. Glad I got missed, so far!

jason765

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 25, 2011
    Henry County
    In my life, death is the only thing that seems to come in threes, I can go years without a close death, then all at once, boom, boom, boom, last year was my wife's WWII vet grandfather, my best friend from high school, and my step-dad who had raised me from the age of 2, a few years before that it was my grandmother, my uncle and another friend from high school, hopefully Im done for a while now.

jmiller676

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 16, 2009
    18 feet up
    Sounds like you had good luck to me. :)

First--Coffee table didn't break.
    Second--You got your car open before you ran out of gas.
    Third--You still have your crappy music and your good Metallica CD plus, they didn't steal your car.

;)

MrsXtremeVel

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    In my life, death is the only thing that seems to come in threes, I can go years without a close death, then all at once, boom, boom, boom, last year was my wife's WWII vet grandfather, my best friend from high school, and my step-dad who had raised me from the age of 2, a few years before that it was my grandmother, my uncle and another friend from high school, hopefully Im done for a while now.

That was us last year...3 in a 4 month period.

7th Stepper

Expert
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2011
    Indiana
    Not that much around here. I've noticed that the only thing that happens in 3's is when a Hollywood or Rock Star dies, and within a couple of weeks, 2 more follow suit.

We seem to be in a running contest with one of our neighbors tho, their house was built by the same guy who did ours, are the only 2 in the subdivision built by the idiot, and both have the same, identical problems. Usually within a months time. It's gotten to the point that when something happens here (like the heater blows out, or the water heater blows a leak, etc.,) I always call her so that she knows what to watch out for in the upcoming weeks. She does the same, so at least we can keep abreast of what calamity is about to befall us! Thank God they're good friends of ours, brought about by us sharing stories at another neighbors garage sale many years ago.

The only thing that they've done that we haven't, is burn down half the house and have to live in a Hotel for several months while the house was being rebuilt. When that happened to them (even THAT was an accident), I stopped using our old hurricane lamps and bought new ones. We had the exact same ones, but didn't know it. She bought the wrong lamp oil at Meijers and it blew up while she was trying to light it. It blew burning oil all over the place, which set where ever it landed on fire too. I've been very careful with our hurricane lamps since that episode. After that, they had their living room flood by a broken pipe in the wall, and 2 weeks later, the same pipe, in the same spot in the same wall, blew out and flooded our bedroom with about an inch of standing water. What a mess!

She and I must have been twins in another life, since she had the same type of ex that I did, and now her body is in competition with mine to see who's can fall apart faster. We usually have the same parts malfunction within a month of each other. It's a real Bummer! We even ran into each other at the hospital one time, in rooms across the hall from each other, being preped for the same surgery! Plus we both share the same doctors. If one of us trusts a doctor, the other one knows they can, and switches to them immediately. THAT is not a coincidence! At the moment she's ahead of me, but I'm sure that given time, I'll no doubt catch up with her, not something I'm looking forward to. Such is life, but sometimes the truth is much stranger than fiction!

So we do ours in duplicate, not triplicate, but it qualifies I think.

Best of luck to you MrsXtremeVel, and I sincerely hope you have a very happy and totally uneventful Holiday Season, and New Year!

7th Stepper

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    I believe that people tie things together so they can try to explain something with Karma or luck. But I'm really sorry they left your horrible music in the car (including Metallica).

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 9, 2010
    I believe things happen in three's and fives. It seems to never fail. Hope your next few days, months, years are smooth flowing.

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    my car was broken into last night and ransacked. They were looking for cash evidently. ( yeah...right, like I have any :rolleyes: ) They went thru the glove box and console, anihilated my owners manual, and threw my CD's everywhere. I guess they didn't like my Twilight Soundtrack, Guns-n-Roses, or my ABBA CD's. They even left the Metalica!

Thank God they didn't get that little vanilla vent clip!! Those smell AWESOME! (And thanks for mine).
    On second thought...maybe THAT'S what they were drawn to!!

"Hey dude, something smells awesome over here!!"
    "Hmm...yeah, I smell it, too! I think it's coming from inside this fly ride with an INGO sticker on it!"
    "Dude, wtf is INGO?"
    "Man, judging from the lockdown of all these dang doors, I think it means "It's Never Gonna OPEN!"
    "Naw, Dude...we GOTSTA get that smelly good thing...whatever it is!!"

But it's so unassuming...they totally missed it! YEAH!!! :rockwoot:

MrsXtremeVel

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Thank God they didn't get that little vanilla vent clip!! Those smell AWESOME! (And thanks for mine).
    On second thought...maybe THAT'S what they were drawn to!!

"Hey dude, something smells awesome over here!!"
    "Hmm...yeah, I smell it, too! I think it's coming from inside this fly ride with an INGO sticker on it!"
    "Dude, wtf is INGO?"
    "Man, judging from the lockdown of all these dang doors, I think it means "It's Never Gonna OPEN!"
    "Naw, Dude...we GOTSTA get that smelly good thing...whatever it is!!"

But it's so unassuming...they totally missed it! YEAH!!! :rockwoot:

They were probably high and looking for cookies to conquer the munchies!
    " Where's the cookies dude? " :laugh:

MrsXtremeVel

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I believe that people tie things together so they can try to explain something with Karma or luck. But I'm really sorry they left your horrible music in the car (including Metallica).

I had Guns and Roses, Paramore and Michael Jackson's greatest hits in there too! If I'd left my RATT, Sammy Hagar, and Nickelback in there, they would have taken those! I like a variety of music! :rockwoot:

7th Stepper

Expert
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2011
    Indiana
    I believe that folks count to 3... then start over again, then claim some weird numbers are the all powerful.... put your faith in something divine ;)

Well, if you're going to do that, there's also a number for it as well. If you want to practice it (I heard about it many years ago on a Spiritual Site I was on) you can always contact your Angels when there's a combination of 1's. 111, 1:11, 11:11, 11-11-11, and so on. When you see that, just thank your Angels for being there for you and protecting you from any harm that might have or could have come your way.

And no, I'm not superstitious, I'm rather like Bill. He's a walking encyclopedia of trivial things, sayings and facts. If you haven't noticed, he has an answer for just about anything you can think of, 90% of the time it's the right one. Once you've lived as long as we have (or to be more precise, I have, since I have a few years on him) you amass a great deal of useless knowledge that pops up when you least expect it, usually at the most opportune time. Live and learn, it keeps you guessing, learning, and young.

7th Stepper

Top Bottom