Anyone els out there have a Anderson rf85 ar15?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Pistol boy

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 4, 2017
    Griffith
    I love mine. I have over 1000 rounds through it with no problems. I did clean it with only dawn soap and water. Still looks brand new. No rust any where I can see and never oiled her. Just wondering if anyone has one too. I ask around at the ranges I go to and not to many people even herd of a oil less gun.

edwea

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Jan 25, 2015
    New Dolan
    Seems like "oil-less" may be a gimmick and I would still oil. But that's just me. Metal on metal begs for lube in my opinion.

Pistol boy

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 4, 2017
    Griffith
    I've only cleaned it twice since I've had it. The website says cleans up with soap and water. Or you can clean it like the guy in the video and just throw it in the creek lol. I just Filled my bathtub up add some soap and clean it. rinsed thoroughly and let it sit outside to dry.

Heavy

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 4, 2016
    Tippecanoe County
    A buddy of mine has one that has very few rounds through it. To my knowledge it jams every time he shoots it. Every magazine, every time, regardless of what magazine is used. I don't believe he has ever cleaned it. If I remember correctly it'd fire a round or two then jam because the extractor wouldn't pick up the spent casing. Trying to eject the spent casing was always difficult, and I mean on the verge of needing to mortar the stock against the ground to get it out. The brand of ammunition didn't seem to make difference either. Last time out I mentioned a good cleaning and a bit of oil before the next time out to see what happens, next time hasn't happened yet so no report on that. To be fair it's brand new and may just be one of those guns that need broken in. For some silly reason.

I do like the idea of a MSR that doesn't need oil to operate. You know... for when those zombies show up and darn it if I didn't forgot to edc my slip2000.

Pistol boy

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 4, 2017
    Griffith
    That sucks to hear. Just have him send it back in to them. Although for the price, they should have made a good gun the first time around.

Heavy

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 4, 2016
    Tippecanoe County
    Yeah that's the plan, he wants to exhaust all possible fixes on his own first. It was a gun show buy and I think he got a pretty good deal on it. I'm guessing a good cleaning is the ticket. It likely had cosmoline and gunk in it, that mixed with no extra lube might just be too much friction in the chamber. I'm no smith though.

Top Bottom