• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Anonymous

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 13, 2009
    Noblesville
    The more research I do, the more confusing it gets. There seem to be a few sites that let you create some basic apps, and they make the process seem fairly simple, but so are the apps. Also, there are some fees that go along with this and I'm not sure if they are something I need to pay, or if they are for resellers. Do I need to distribute through an App Store, or can I give directly to a customer? Are the fees for loading on to the App Store? I was hoping someone with experience could clarify this.

More answers I'm struggling to find are the ones for creating an app that is relative to our business. Ideally, I would like the customer to be able to order/reorder product from us, but not necessarily have any commerce through the app. For example, we would get an email saying who they are and what they need, which would require them to enter all their info in once, but not every time they order. I suppose a login would be fine for subsequent orders.

If coding is required for the customization and someone does this for a living or on the side, I would definitely be interested getting a quote. Thanks

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    There are fees to have apps published in the Apple App Store or on Google Play (for Android). There's no fee to simply write an app. Note that some devices (such as the iPhone) don't let you install apps without getting them from the App Store, so you're pretty much stuck with paying the publishing fee.

Anonymous

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 13, 2009
    Noblesville
    There are fees to have apps published in the Apple App Store or on Google Play (for Android). There's no fee to simply write an app. Note that some devices (such as the iPhone) don't let you install apps without getting them from the App Store, so you're pretty much stuck with paying the publishing fee.

Some sites have monthly fees that allow so many downloads, push notifications, etc.. Are they "hosting" the app as opposed to Apple App Store. Also, something about white-label. Is that for resellers?

Crbn79

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 4, 2014
    Indianapolis, North
    I haven't been into it in a while, but I remember a few years ago it turned out Apple was hitting developers for 40%. When the open source for Android kicked off a lot of developers jumped ship from Apple because Google's play store was as low as 5%.

Top Bottom