Anyone buy a new caliber gun because you have a lot of that brass?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cavallo

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 17, 2023
    Brownsburg
    I came into a bunch of .380, so I bought a .380 barrel for my Beretta 81. I've also been amassing a collection of 10mm brass with the intent of eventually buying a gun to shoot it out of, but haven't settled on which one yet.
    I too have kept the 10mm I have found in the thought that one day I might want it. I haven't bought one so far though.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    My daughter bought her very own .243 in 2018. She shot monster bucks with it in 2018 and 19. I'm a believer. I bought a Ruger No. 1 in .243. Absolute tack driver.

I bought a great Rem 700 Varmint in .243 years ago. Needed cash, so I sold it.

I was preparing to sell off the .243 ammo components and realized that I was approaching $400 worth of product, if new. Thinking I'd be selling for pennies on the dollar, it didn't make since for such a sweet shooting, decades established round.

I ended up buying a .243 barrel for my Encore.

:shoot:

92FSTech

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 24, 2020
    North Central
    If I had a bunch of 45 LC I would be more tempted than many other calibers I don't have.
    I love .45 Colt...its like a bigger, heavier .44 that doesn't beat you up. The other great thing about it is you are typically shooting it out of revolvers or leverguns, so you don't lose much brass and it lasts a long time. If you're looking for an excuse to buy one, just consider it a sound financial investment! :cool:

The downside is, most people who shoot it don't leave their brass lying around, so you're not going to build a collection through range pickups.

Aszerigan

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    337   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    Bean Blossom, IN
    I've bought guns because I had the brass laying around, sure. That's usually how I get into new calibers.

I'll load anything once or twice, and have the 550 conversions to prove it !!

Cynical

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 21, 2013
    peru
    Wow, that could get expensive quick. I probably had 5000 or so 9mm brass before I actually bought one. Now I have three but don’t shoot them much. The only brass I didn’t keep was .30 carbine 10mm and 7.62x39. Just gave them to guys I knew that had the guns for them.

Top Bottom