Anybody ever use Greyhound for shipping?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Suprtek

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    Wanamaker
    We have been trying all day without success to get someone to answer the phone at the downtown Indianapolis Greyhound station. Apparently, this is a common problem at all stations. My BIL is leaving town and wants to have a bunch of boxes shipped. Do we just show up at the station with the boxes and hope for the best? I did finally get a real person on one of their national numbers and they told me we could show up with packages to be shipped at any time and it would be taken care of. Their rates are much cheaper than other shippers or we wouldn't mess with it. Just wondering if anyone has dealt with this before and can provide some insight.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    I used them to ship two bucket seats (in 2 big boxes). You pretty much have to just show up, and then hope someone is even in the office. Same with pick-up. They will call when they finally get there, and the recipient has to show up when there is someone there to track them down.

Cheap for a reason, but it works.

Suprtek

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    Wanamaker
    I used them to ship two bucket seats (in 2 big boxes). You pretty much have to just show up, and then hope someone is even in the office. Same with pick-up. They will call when they finally get there, and the recipient has to show up when there is someone there to track them down.

Cheap for a reason, but it works.

I can't believe there would be a time no one was at the station? Service this bad is hard to comprehend!

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Well, there you go.

I think it cost me $35 to ship two bucket seats several years ago. Took about a week to get there. They take "if it fits, it ships" to a whole new level! Just has to fit in the cargo hold under the bus.

marv

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 5, 2008
    Gatchel, IN
    Back in prehistory before UPS and FedEx were invented, Greyhound was THE method for package delivery. Fast and cheap. Only other choices were Mail and Railway Express.

Rocket

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Jun 7, 2011
    Whiteland
    I shipped many large car parts from the greyhound in Lafayette. Worked great but it is time consuming. I always just showed up during "open" hours

Suprtek

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    Wanamaker
    I shipped many large car parts from the greyhound in Lafayette. Worked great but it is time consuming. I always just showed up during "open" hours

Did you use the station in Indy? Their website shows they are open 24 hours. I've still never gotten an answer on the phone.

Top Bottom