• ...and so much more!
  • KokomoDave

Enigma Suspect
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    76   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Kokomo
    I have one that I added a Benelli extended mag and am waiting for the nice block of 7075 to arrive to make the spacer as they are not perfect swaps.

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    I'll be interested in the long-term / higher round count updates!

The prevailing wisdom is that unless it's a sporting shotgun, the Turk shotguns are pretty crap. Especially their AR / AK variants.

If they've done a good job cloning this - then hope it lasts and lasts and lasts.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    I'd be interested to know how are the carrier and pistons holding up?
    If that question is directed toward me, I would say adequately for the price of the gun.The quality of metallurgy is not what it would be in most guns that are 3-4 times its price.

Can't say I have done the math, but still still pretty sure it would be cheaper to run it till dead and replace it than spend $2K on a Benelli upfront.

Don't get me wrong, I'd much prefer a Benelli or Beretta but this gun was bought to be a field gun.

ibwaltb

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Jan 23, 2018
    Fishers
    Just got one in for my own curiosity: GForce SAX-2 with FDE cerakote and Walnut furniture. I’ll be honest, the color combo pushed me over the edge to purchase. Im already having issues with separating the barrel from receiver; problem solving with their CS currently. Not looking to use a dead blow until all routes are reviewed first. If anyone has this model, I’d love to hear what I’m doing differently.
    Already have upgraded orings on order for pistons.
    Looking forward to getting some trigger time.

Here’s a photo…
    IMG_4509.jpg

XDdreams

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 12, 2011
    Indianapolis
    If that question is directed toward me, I would say adequately for the price of the gun.The quality of metallurgy is not what it would be in most guns that are 3-4 times its price.

Can't say I have done the math, but still still pretty sure it would be cheaper to run it till dead and replace it than spend $2K on a Benelli upfront.

Don't get me wrong, I'd much prefer a Benelli or Beretta but this gun was bought to be a field gun.
    I found OEM Benelli M4 parts for the carrier and pistons that are supposed to work in the model I am buying. But hope that won't be necessary for a long time.

KokomoDave

Enigma Suspect
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    76   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Kokomo
    Walt, mine was a bummer to separate the two until I had taken it apart a dozen times measuring everything to see the feasibilty of adding an extended tube.

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    I'll be interested in the long-term / higher round count updates!

The prevailing wisdom is that ALL Turkish guns are pretty crap. Especially their AR / AK variants.

If they've done a good job cloning this - then hope it lasts and lasts and lasts.

Fixed it for you, their sporting shotguns are an abomination and deserve to be in a woodpile and not on a clays course.

Interesting the MAC 1014 claims 99% parts comparability with a Benelli. That math does not add up, but if it’s just a “range toy” then blast away. I personally would not use a Turkish shotgun for Home Defense myself.

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    I don't have the Benelli clone but I do have a couple Stoeger M3000 and a MKA1919 for 3 gun. They run pretty great for me. The MKA1919 doesn't LOVE the drum but if I run 1600fps Winchester AA it's fine. It's flawless with the factory 5rd mag and the promag 10rd mag.

Purdue1991

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 19, 2022
    Fixed it for you, their sporting shotguns are an abomination and deserve to be in a woodpile and not on a clays course.

Interesting the MAC 1014 claims 99% parts comparability with a Benelli. That math does not add up, but if it’s just a “range toy” then blast away. I personally would not use a Turkish shotgun for Home Defense myself.

That's funny. I have a Stoeger M3500 that runs great. I'm sure Benelli is a great shotgun. But for how I use mine, I'll keep the Stoeger. And BTW, the Stoeger is pretty well regarded. So I guess not all Turkish shotguns deserve to be in the woodpile...

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    That's funny. I have a Stoeger M3500 that runs great. I'm sure Benelli is a great shotgun. But for how I use mine, I'll keep the Stoeger. And BTW, the Stoeger is pretty well regarded. So I guess not all Turkish shotguns deserve to be in the woodpile...

Stoeger is owned by Benelli, who is in turn owned by Beretta. At least Stoeger gives the Italians credit and is backed by a reputable company.

That being said if I needed a 3.5” gun an SBE3 is my first choice

I believe this is where the 3500 originates

92FSTech

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 24, 2020
    North Central
    I was jonesing for a semi-auto shotgun to supplement my 870 last year, and I'll admit that the price on these had me seriously thinking about trying one out. Then I stumbled upon a rather molested Beretta A300 Outlander at the LGS for $350 and ended up buying that. It was actually kinda funny because I initially passed it over thinking it was just another Turkish clone until my son said, "Dad that says Beretta on it!"

It took 5 or 6 hours of cleaning, polishing off surface rust, and stripping a horrible rattle can paint job, but it's been an awesome shotgun. It's not tactical at all with its long vent rib barrel, but it's handled everything I've put through it, including 00 Buck and slugs, and it's a blast shooting clays. It's pretty well satiated that semi-auto desire so I'm no longer tempted to roll the dice on Turkish metallurgy and quality control. If I do end up buying a "tactical" type semi down the road, I'll probably be looking at the A300 Patrol or a 1301, but for now the 870 is adequate in that role.

IMG_20230111_173445159_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20230111_212919143.jpg

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    I was jonesing for a semi-auto shotgun to supplement my 870 last year, and I'll admit that the price on these had me seriously thinking about trying one out. Then I stumbled upon a rather molested Beretta A300 Outlander at the LGS for $350 and ended up buying that. It was actually kinda funny because I initially passed it over thinking it was just another Turkish clone until my son said, "Dad that says Beretta on it!"

It took 5 or 6 hours of cleaning, polishing off surface rust, and stripping a horrible rattle can paint job, but it's been an awesome shotgun. It's not tactical at all with its long vent rib barrel, but it's handled everything I've put through it, including 00 Buck and slugs, and it's a blast shooting clays. It's pretty well satiated that semi-auto desire so I'm no longer tempted to roll the dice on Turkish metallurgy and quality control. If I do end up buying a "tactical" type semi down the road, I'll probably be looking at the A300 Patrol or a 1301, but for now the 870 is adequate in that role.

View attachment 326847
    View attachment 326848

A300’s are fantastic guns, been around a long time and very reliable. That being said you should definitely get a 1301, now that they have the A300 Patrols for-end they are just about perfect out of the box IMHO. I absolutely love mine and it eats everything.

oAoEwpx.jpg

The upgraded barrel is also really nice current production guns run the OHCP choke system, are backbored and have lengthened forcing cones for tighter patterns. Heck just an extra barrel for a 1301 is $700~ that’s not even mentioning them entire barrel receiver extension and chamber is 100% chrome, I just have to wipe it clean and reapply lube. It’s also a much simpler system than the A300 to disassemble IMHO.

Threadjack over

pmbiker

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 30, 2008
    Corn & Bean
    My Turkinelli thread

Long story short. I got the Toros Copolla from Standard Manufacturing.
    It didn't like some old s&b 00 but has been 100% otherwise, at over 500 of mixed ammo including some 7/8oz light trap loads.

Op rods and bolt interface are still good. The hammer started deforming at @250 mark so I replaced it with an OEM Benelli part and it's gtg now.

Top Bottom