• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pmbiker

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 30, 2008
    Corn & Bean
    I was not blessed with the gift of journalistic gab so I'll spare y'all the attempt.

I purchased a Peacemaker clone from Standard Manufacturing a couple months ago..... beautiful firearm and it shoots as good as it looks. Not here to talk about that though.

On their website they also advertise the Toros Coppola T4. A claimed 100% clone of the Benelli M4....on sale for $599. Yes sir, I'll try one of those.

For comparison I have a couple other Benelli shotguns so I know what they're supposed to look like.

Packaging was terrible. Not sure how it wasn't damaged. Finish is matte black but not so perfectly applied. A couple light drips and a streak one side of the receiver. Not bad but not Benelli, but dare I say "acceptable" for what it is. Before I even took delivery I had ordered a full length mag tube, spring, follower and a US made hammer for 922r compliance. All parts fit without a hammer or file.

Today I shot it. Didn't like S&B 12 pellet OO buck. It would fire and eject but wouldn't feed. Damn.
    Switching to Remington OO and now we're talking. Ran 25 without even thinking about jamming. 1 1/8oz #7.5 shot, ran like a champ. I even ran a tube of 1oz #8....no issues.

I'd like to feed it another box of domestically produced 00 buck and then it will be put in the rotation.

I've read some great things and some not so great about the Turkish M4 clones. Seems like this one is made right.

Last edited:

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    Watch where the little pushrod piston things impact the bolt carrier. They're known for peening if not properly heat treated.

pmbiker

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 30, 2008
    Corn & Bean
    Watch where the little pushrod piston things impact the bolt carrier. They're known for peening if not properly heat treated.
    Thank you sir, I've been made aware of them through the research I did pre-purchase. Been considering ordering a pair of Benelli OEM ones just in case, but I believe I'll wait until I see trouble.

I think the bad ones were isolated to a bad batch a couple years ago, and were found primarily in the Charles Daily version....but I'm keeping an eye on them.

This weapon definitely doesn't cycle as fast as my M1s90 or Montefeltro, but they are both inertia guns.

Last edited:

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    Thank you sir, I've been made aware of them through the research I did pre-purchase. Been considering ordering a pair of Benelli OEM ones just in case, but I believe I'll wait until I see trouble.

I think the bad ones were isolated to a bad batch a couple years ago, and we're found primarily in the Charles Daily version....but I'm keeping an eye on them.

This weapon definitely doesn't cycle as fast as my M1s90 or Montefeltro, but they are both inertia guns.
    Yeah it seemed like likely a specific batch, but it was also something fairly easy to watch for visually. Kinda like rear carrier deformation on cheap AKs. If it's not clear by the 250 round mark it probably won't happen. Seemed like those guns ran about that long before peening themselves out of spec and inducing problems.

pmbiker

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 30, 2008
    Corn & Bean
    It ate a box of Remington 00 yesterday. No issues. This thing is fun to shoot!

Also. I did some measuring of the Remington shells and the Sellier and Bellot shells. No discernable difference other than length. S&B was 2.58" and the Remington was 2.35".

I got a couple boxes of Estate 00 to try out next.

pmbiker

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 30, 2008
    Corn & Bean
    50 rds of estate, 100% function.

The S&B ran for ****, no excuses. 60rds, It's all gone now. Since that it's had 125 jam-free rounds. That makes 185rds total, almost all 00 buck and the Op-rod ends are as new, ejector area as new. Bolt face and locking lugs show expected signs of functioning but nothing else.

Last edited:

crosse

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 15, 2015
    PNW
    I got 50 thru mine w/ 1 failure to eject. Looked like the shell was slow to get extracted. I'm also running the S&B 00 shot. I think that the fit and finish isn't great but I don't mind the idea of having a semi compatible parts gun to my real m4. Is yours a four peaks as well?

pmbiker

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 30, 2008
    Corn & Bean
    Mine is a Toros Coppola T4 from Standard Manufacturing. Parts fit and action smoothness is quite good, finish isn't perfect.. I've heard about people going through the action with a Dremel but I'm just going to shoot it.

Your S&B may not give you the trouble I had. It was an old batch, going on 20yrs old.

crosse

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 15, 2015
    PNW
    Mine is a Toros Coppola T4 from Standard Manufacturing. Parts fit and action smoothness is quite good, finish isn't perfect.. I've heard about people going through the action with a Dremel but I'm just going to shoot it.

Your S&B may not give you the trouble I had. It was an old batch, going on 20yrs old.
    Im gonna give the Rio Sport 00 buck with the S&B the next outing a go in the t4. Mine is a Toros Coppola T4 too but I believe it also has the 4 peaks name too. Only thing I don't like about it so far is the lack of a collapsible stock for it. I'm 5'8" so it takes a little more work to shoulder it. If anyone has a lead on an affordable collapsible for the T4 I'm all ears.

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    Stoeger m3000 tactical.100 rounds of heavy trap flawless.

Stock longer LOP than Rem standard dims. Recoil pad is worthless.

Adding Sims helps, but adds a little more to LOP.

MOA precision has adapter for 50,to swap in Magpul M500 stock.

Factory youth model stocks avail, MGW has some camo one, no pad ( maybe use pad from reg stock ) for 82 bucks plus shipping.

Sims pad was 40. Need to contour it a little as I broke out the Dremel and cut down my orig stock.

Hey, I got 82 bucks saved for Trooper Ale.

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    Have Rem and Browning slugs and buckshot to test now that its set up to not beat the living snot out of me.

Those 100 heavy trap loads w an impinged shoulder were almost brootal.

Trigger sucks so will do spring kit.
    MOA has adj trigger if it needs more.

Its a fast dude even w heavy trigger.
    Throws a freakin 8 round cloud LOL

pmbiker

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 30, 2008
    Corn & Bean
    The recoil pad on my Toros is very effective and the LOP works for me. Been keeping an eye out for a standard PG stock but not really needing an adjustable one.

crosse

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 15, 2015
    PNW
    I've read about the Mesa Tactical Urbino stock. Shorter LOP but not adjustable.
    I don't love how the urbino attaches to the m4. It's something I'd be willing to switch to if it was cheaper. But I'm not liking the solution for the price their asking. I may chop my stock and have a limb saver to replace the factory one...if it's doable .

pmbiker

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 30, 2008
    Corn & Bean
    Update:

I have about 400 rounds give or take through the gun.

I started noticing about 300 rounds in that the hammer was getting beat up pretty bad. It has worsened to the point that the hammer geometry has apparently changed. The contact surfaces between the trigger and hammer are no longer square, the trigger pull/feel is totally trashed and it won't always reset.

I've contacted Standard Manufacturing for assistance, will update the thread when they respond.

pmbiker

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 30, 2008
    Corn & Bean
    Well......

SM wants to issue an RMA to return the entire firearm for warranty repair. Considering that there's a good chance they'll replace the current substandard ignition parts with more substandard ignition parts, I've decided to do the repairs myself. I've purchased a take-off Benelli FCG and a Wolff spring kit.

Standard Manufacturing replied in a timely manner, I have no complaints with their customer service.

pmbiker

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 30, 2008
    Corn & Bean
    Benelli hammer/trigger/disconnector installed along with the Wolff FCG springs. Some grinding/tweaking was required for fitting but all is well now.

24 rds fired without issue.

Top Bottom