• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • olhorseman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 11, 2013
    Middle of nowhere NC
    We are so diversified we are only down about 5.5% from the first of August. That is still a hefty chunk though as we are both only 9 months from retirement.

It would have been worse but I've been letting about $250k sitting in the bank deciding what to do with it from selling our Indiana home the first of July.

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    Now down about 11%, and it's still hard to watch the balance go down...... :(

It's never easy to watch the balances go down... but if you continue to buy-in while they are going down the up-swing that comes after the down-swing will be all that much more rewarding...

FWIW, you shouldn't be watching you balances that closely, I check mine every month or so to see if I need to rebalance but that's it...

Doug

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    The market is currently over-valued. With interest rates at approximately zero, investors put their money into stocks rather than bonds or savings. As interest rates rise, money will move out of the market and into the bonds, CD's, and savings accounts. This will cause the market to drop.

Top Bottom