• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    No you didnt! Please tell me you are pulling our chain.......

Yes, chain pull :):

I went about five years without putting anything into retirement. I was cash flowing car purchases and paying off debt. Not quite done with student loans but time to start saving again. Last month we started funding roth401k again.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Down something like a 1000 points since somewhere around Christmas. Wonder if the Occupy Democrat memes I see on Facebook wil continue to tout the wonder job Obama has done in this regard...

CHCRandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 16, 2013
    Hendricks County
    I have a stock market game I play in. I joined a new game last week and we started with $100,000.....3 days later I was down to $70,000 and the guy leading our game had $300,000!! He made $200,000 in a down market. I searched the internet and found him...he is an investment broker for TDAmeritrade.

If any of you guys are interested in playing the game.....let me know and I will start one for INGO members. I have found it to be good practice for me.......I learn a lot about the market by playing that game.

Edit: I went ahead and started an INGO game if anyone wants to play. I can't get link to work because T W* T is in the link....it is www. market watch.com/game/INGO . Take the spaces out.

Last edited:

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    I have a stock market game I play in. I joined a new game last week and we started with $100,000.....3 days later I was down to $70,000 and the guy leading our game had $300,000!! He made $200,000 in a down market. I searched the internet and found him...he is an investment broker for TDAmeritrade.

If any of you guys are interested in playing the game.....let me know and I will start one for INGO members. I have found it to be good practice for me.......I learn a lot about the market by playing that game.

Edit: I went ahead and started an INGO game if anyone wants to play. I can't get link to work because T W* T is in the link....it is www. market watch.com/game/INGO . Take the spaces out.

Those types of games are interesting, but if you are looking to learn about investing, DO NOT PLAY TO WIN!!! The winners are those that both take ridiculous risks and also get lucky and have them pay off. +/-30% or more in a short time span is not what you should use as a model for investing real money.

There is a lot of real info out there about how to invest responsibly. Read it and use these types of games to get familiar with the mechanics of investing.

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    81   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    So happy Obama says those who think the economy is bad are peddling fiction. I guess the 600 I have lost so far this year is pure fiction and the gov will reimburse me so I can retire in 30.

Top Bottom