Any Notre Dame Alums or fans out there care to weigh in on this?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lowriderjim

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 10, 2009
    Huntington
    As a ND alum I wonder if ND forgot what illegal means.

I was legal and received $0 financial assistance from the University.
    Summary: a pant-load of liberal crap.

Unhappy alum
    MBA92

I reread article and found that they are "undocumented" not illegal.
    Does that mean if I drive without a license I am not breaking the law, just unlicensed?

Last edited:

mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy
    As a lifelong Catholic, this does not surprise me at all. The Church doesn't have borders. Good will and acceptance towards all have always been pillars.

crispy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 29, 2010
    Noblesville
    As a lifelong Catholic, this does not surprise me at all. The Church doesn't have borders. Good will and acceptance towards all have always been pillars.

Yes, but shouldn't the Church be counseling the LAW BREAKERS to turn themselves in and get right by the law?

Nah... a couple Hail Mary's and they're good...

Jerchap2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2013
    Central Indiana
    According to the Holy Bible, Matthew 22:21, KJV: "Render therefore unto Caesar the things which are Caesar's; and unto God the things that are God's." So, obey man's laws unless they conflict with God's laws. Man's law says these people are here ILLEGALLY. No conflict with God's laws. Seems clear to me. It appears that they have forgotten or are disregarding Biblical teachings in favor of social liberal allegiance. IMHO.

wally05

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    It wouldn't be the first time they've had issues like this. My family was in everything Notre Dame and I think I went to almost every football/basketball game from Age 5 to Age 21. We always paid attention when they were in the news. And their admissions policies have been under fire before. Usually, though, it was due to them heavily accepting minorities and international students over Caucasian males/females. I had a good friend that graduated from there a few years ago and I think she kind of agrees that ND is all about money anymore.

atvdave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 23, 2012
    SW Indiana
    It wouldn't be the first time they've had issues like this. My family was in everything Notre Dame and I think I went to almost every football/basketball game from Age 5 to Age 21. We always paid attention when they were in the news. And their admissions policies have been under fire before. Usually, though, it was due to them heavily accepting minorities and international students over Caucasian males/females. I had a good friend that graduated from there a few years ago and I think she kind of agrees that ND is all about money anymore.

Ding, ding, ding......... Winner, winner, chicken dinner! I'm sure there will be other collages to follow suit as well. Free money is free money.

wally05

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    Ding, ding, ding......... Winner, winner, chicken dinner! I'm sure there will be other collages to follow suit as well. Free money is free money.

Haha, I'd expect so. Enrollment is down across the board. I think my friend told me that students at ND found out it costs around $60k a year just to keep the landscape watered... literally just to water the grass.

copperhead-1911

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 19, 2013
    New Castle
    They Notre Dame is harboring a criminal who cant legally work if he or she graduates?

Man I loved it when bama kicked the crap out of them. Now I just wish it was by more points.

copperhead-1911

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 19, 2013
    New Castle
    As a ND alum I wonder if ND forgot what illegal means.

I was legal and received $0 financial assistance from the University.
    Summary: a pant-load of liberal crap.

Unhappy alum
    MBA92

I reread article and found that they are "undocumented" not illegal.
    Does that mean if I drive without a license I am not breaking the law, just unlicensed?

Does this mean if any of us make our own silencer our fully automatic rifle without papers that they are "Undocumented noise reduction devices" or "undocumented rapid fire rifles"

Pathetic and makes me sick people actually defend these leeches. I do feel bad some of them had no choice to come here, but they are much more loyal to the craphole their parents left than the usa hence they want the amnesty, which will bring more, who will breed at alarming rates like the ones here now mooching off our various tax paid programs and many get them despite being illegal.

The only thing worse than these "people" are those who support them.

mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy
    Yes, but shouldn't the Church be counseling the LAW BREAKERS to turn themselves in and get right by the law?

Nah... a couple Hail Mary's and they're good...

So the Church should adhere to all of Man's laws, even those conflicting with natural law or the teachings of God? The teachings of God will always come before the laws of man in the eyes of the Church.

Care to explain what you're laughing at? I'm anxiously awaiting your response...

copperhead-1911

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 19, 2013
    New Castle
    So the Church should adhere to all of Man's laws, even those conflicting with natural law or the teachings of God? The teachings of God will always come before the laws of man in the eyes of the Church.

Care to explain what you're laughing at? I'm anxiously awaiting your response...

On your first point I have to disagree as way too many catholics are supporting candidates who promote abortion on demand and gay marriage both of which are against doctrine and I dont want to turn this into a debate about those issues, but they are against catholic teaching.

On your second point he is probably laughing because as gun owners we should know more illegals mean more anchor babies ( they reproduce at alarming rates), more presidents like Obama, more justices like kagan and more national gun laws like Illinoise or Jersey. I fail to see how people cant see this. Many think the second amendment will protect our guns. This is true if its followed. Obama has already shown that he thinks the constitution is just toilet paper ( and others have as well but not with the contempt he has)

I dont know you and am not saying this in a bad way. faith is important, but letting our faith blind us to let people take over ( illegals) who will put the most anti-religion politicians in when we are supposed to be religious is just idiotic.

This is also laid out in the New Testament. I would be inclined to say it is describing these illegals

John 10:1. Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that entereth not by the door into the sheepfold, but climbeth up some other way, the same is a thief and a robber.

Top Bottom