Any Notre Dame Alums or fans out there care to weigh in on this?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LP1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 8, 2010
    Friday Town
    Yes, but shouldn't the Church be counseling the LAW BREAKERS to turn themselves in and get right by the law?

Nah... a couple Hail Mary's and they're good...

I think it's safe to assume that most, if not all of the young people covered by this were brought here as children, and had no choice in the matter. How is it right to punish an innocent person?

mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy
    On your first point I have to disagree as way too many catholics are supporting candidates who promote abortion on demand and gay marriage both of which are against doctrine and I dont want to turn this into a debate about those issues, but they are against catholic teaching.

I said the Church, not individual Catholics. You're right though, and I think the Church needs to take a more direct stance on candidates whose ideals don't match those of the Church.

On your second point he is probably laughing because as gun owners we should know more illegals mean more anchor babies ( they reproduce at alarming rates), more presidents like Obama, more justices like kagan and more national gun laws like Illinoise or Jersey. I fail to see how people cant see this. Many think the second amendment will protect our guns. This is true if its followed. Obama has already shown that he thinks the constitution is just toilet paper ( and others have as well but not with the contempt he has)

I'm not sure what gun ownership has to do with this...Are you suggesting that any and all "anchor babies" will grow up to be Democrats and gun grabbers? The Constitution won't protect anything if WE THE PEOPLE think its simple existence will protect it. Of course the 2nd Amendment won't protect our guns, rather it is the license of WE THE PEOPLE to protect them. But then, I'm probably preaching to the choir in that regard. I think you may just be giving him too much credit in regards to what he found comical.

I dont know you and am not saying this in a bad way. faith is important, but letting our faith blind us to let people take over ( illegals) who will put the most anti-religion politicians in when we are supposed to be religious is just idiotic.

This is also laid out in the New Testament. I would be inclined to say it is describing these illegals

John 10:1. Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that entereth not by the door into the sheepfold, but climbeth up some other way, the same is a thief and a robber.

My faith does not blind me, and no where on this thread will you find me voicing support for this policy at Notre Dame, but I think it's ludicrous to assume that ND is doing this at the will of some deep seeded Obama conspiracy. The Church has not and will not cower before him.

I also have to disagree wholeheartedly with your interpretation of that passage, no offense. This seems to refer more to those who might deceive, specifically in regards to the Lord, so I guess if you want to call illegal immigrants deceivers by living here, then I can see your angle.

LP1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 8, 2010
    Friday Town
    According to the Holy Bible, Matthew 22:21, KJV: "Render therefore unto Caesar the things which are Caesar's; and unto God the things that are God's." So, obey man's laws unless they conflict with God's laws. Man's law says these people are here ILLEGALLY. No conflict with God's laws. Seems clear to me. It appears that they have forgotten or are disregarding Biblical teachings in favor of social liberal allegiance. IMHO.

There's plenty of biblical precedent to support ND's position. I'm trying to not cross the line too far into religion, but you can start with "whatever you do to the least of my brothers...".

mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy
    There's plenty of biblical precedent to support ND's position. I'm trying to not cross the line too far into religion, but you can start with "whatever you do to the least of my brothers...".

This, this, this. And, from a PURELY NON-RELIGIOUS standpoint, we must remember the company that the man, Jesus, kept while on Earth, as reported by many of his followers.

copperhead-1911

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 19, 2013
    New Castle
    I think it's safe to assume that most, if not all of the young people covered by this were brought here as children, and had no choice in the matter. How is it right to punish an innocent person?

Ask those who support affirmative action. most white people effected by it were not even though of then. Check mate

copperhead-1911

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 19, 2013
    New Castle

Yet most support not sending those home who chose to break the law and think anyone who wants it should get in regardless of skill.

copperhead-1911

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 19, 2013
    New Castle

I think "thou shalt not steal" is before that.

Also while we are talking about catholic doctrine patriots could go to the border and "deal with" everyone of these leeches and say a few hail marys and be good to go? Sin is sin. If God forgives them for breaking in and stealing then he should forgive someone for showing them they are not welcome.

copperhead-1911

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 19, 2013
    New Castle
    This, this, this. And, from a PURELY NON-RELIGIOUS standpoint, we must remember the company that the man, Jesus, kept while on Earth, as reported by many of his followers.

I think anyone who thinks republicans will be able to "out latino" dems with amnesty needs their head examined. I think based on demographics and votes well over 60-70% of anchor babies vote liberal to keep the free stuff coming. Also they do very rapidly. The average human only has 2 or three kids while illegals often have up to 10 ON OUR DIME.

I will say one thing and agree on religion with you about the church as far as illegals go.

If these "people" would follow the teachings of the church we would have more conservatives and moderates elected. If the ones who could vote would vote that way I WOULD MARCH FOR THE DREAM ACT!!! It is about votes plain and simple and gun owners supporting this only cuts our nose to spit our face. Look at detroit and california. Both are coming to the usa if things dont change

copperhead-1911

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 19, 2013
    New Castle
    Huh? Your comment is nonsense - try proofreading and applying critical thinking before hitting the submit button.

Ill correct ( leave it to a person with a liberal argument to worry about spelling"

The comment was most of those "people" who were brought here as kids did not have a choice and you should not punish children for the sins of the parent " How is it right to punish an innocent person?"

My comment is that if that argument is true they anyone who supports giving this ( don't want to get banned) group of people amnesty should also think affirmative action. None of the white people effected by affirmative action today were responsible for slavery.

It is the same thing and argument. I am sure many on this board and other gun boards who support amnesty ( or defend it in a way) don't believe in affirmative action. I think we all know that is not the case when we look at the congress and senate.

The problem is most people are too stupid to see how we are losing our nation and this is just another nail in the coffin

mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy
    Ill correct ( leave it to a person with a liberal argument to worry about spelling"

The comment was most of those "people" who were brought here as kids did not have a choice and you should not punish children for the sins of the parent " How is it right to punish an innocent person?"

My comment is that if that argument is true they anyone who supports giving this ( don't want to get banned) group of people amnesty should also think affirmative action. None of the white people effected by affirmative action today were responsible for slavery.

It is the same thing and argument. I am sure many on this board and other gun boards who support amnesty ( or defend it in a way) don't believe in affirmative action. I think we all know that is not the case when we look at the congress and senate.

The problem is most people are too stupid to see how we are losing our nation and this is just another nail in the coffin

Yes, and I'm gonna go out on a limb and say most here are not in favor of affirmative action, which would make the argument consistent of not punishing those who had no responsibility for the problem. Your angle on this one doesn't work.

So corrupt individuals define the Universal Church??? We had a bad president once, therefore America is a desolate, immoral wasteland.

copperhead-1911

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 19, 2013
    New Castle
    Yes, and I'm gonna go out on a limb and say most here are not in favor of affirmative action, which would make the argument consistent of not punishing those who had no responsibility for the problem. Your angle on this one doesn't work.

So corrupt individuals define the Universal Church??? We had a bad president once, therefore America is a desolate, immoral wasteland.

Yes it does.

When the same people politicians and voters who see nothing wrong with having 10 kids on various public assistance dollars while worrying about how many rounds we keep in a magazine we are getting someplace.

When the same left decides all should be judged by their actions not color we could talk.

Also even if we were going to be nice to the kids ( most of us do have a heart) we all know that the parents want to stay and the kids want the parents to stay and its package deal that drains our country and culture. I stand by my opinion and feel little if anything when illegals are "shown" they are not wanted and I think that is going to happen more and more especially around places like AZ because people are getting tired of it.

mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy
    Yes it does.

When the same people politicians and voters who see nothing wrong with having 10 kids on various public assistance dollars while worrying about how many rounds we keep in a magazine we are getting someplace.

When the same left decides all should be judged by their actions not color we could talk.

Also even if we were going to be nice to the kids ( most of us do have a heart) we all know that the parents want to stay and the kids want the parents to stay and its package deal that drains our country and culture. I stand by my opinion and feel little if anything when illegals are "shown" they are not wanted and I think that is going to happen more and more especially around places like AZ because people are getting tired of it.

I'm not sure why we are talking about what politicians think. Apparently we are at odds in our thought of why Notre Dame is doing this... Do you think the ND administration had political aspirations, and plans to funnel illegal aliens in to vote through Notre Dame?

copperhead-1911

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 19, 2013
    New Castle
    I'm not sure why we are talking about what politicians think. Apparently we are at odds in our thought of why Notre Dame is doing this... Do you think the ND administration had political aspirations, and plans to funnel illegal aliens in to vote through Notre Dame?

More like the church because of shrinking membership wants butts in the pews. With reproduction rates of the "people" who often are illegally in the country the church has a benefit ( butts in pews, collection plates) just as liberals do ( votes)

The irony is the catholic church does not see it is supporting the same "people" who are supporting politicians that deeply go against most religious doctrine. heck at the democratic convention the democrats proved they are "The Godless party"

To each their own though.

mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy
    More like the church because of shrinking membership wants butts in the pews. With reproduction rates of the "people" who often are illegally in the country the church has a benefit ( butts in pews, collection plates) just as liberals do ( votes)

The irony is the catholic church does not see it is supporting the same "people" who are supporting politicians that deeply go against most religious doctrine. heck at the democratic convention the democrats proved they are "The Godless party"

To each their own though.

So the Church should shun those that do not vote in accordance with The Doctrine? That doesn't seem very Godly to me. I'm glad Jesus didn't shun every tax collector that he met...

Jerchap2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2013
    Central Indiana
    Well, staying away from the religion aspect and commenting on amnesty, it is clear to me that it would reward people who break the law and change demographics in favor of the Democrats. It will cost a ton of money and strain an already-precarious unemployment and debt position with entitlement programs that are being grown while at the same time going broke. No other country has open borders, and there is a reason -- to maintain and protect the society and the culture. Granting amnesty to those who are here illegally, IMHO, will be one of the final nails in the coffin of a once-great country. Chain migration started under LBJ was the beginning of the situation that we now find ourselves in, as it allowed immigrants to choose who would enter our country rather than using a reasonable and logical thought process. I also am compelled to say that I do not buy the argument that not granting amnesty is punishing innocent children -- give me a break, children everywhere get rewarded or suffer because of the actions their parents take.

Top Bottom