• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jmach

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Columbus
    At Columbus, IN wal-mart, whitfield drive.
    I heard a SG manager was arrested with a bunch of ammo in his trunk recently. (theft).
    This would explain a LOT for me.
    I'll wait to share any moreuntil I hear if anyone else has info....:popcorn:

jmach

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Columbus
    Yeah, kind of what i was thinking!

Won't protect him from the new large friends he is sure to have if he
    bought a trip up the river though :-)
    Heard he was only 23, so he is young and tender, lol

Westside

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Monitor World
    dont-drop-the-soap.jpg

a link to a news article about the arrest would be nice.

jmach

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Columbus
    I looked and cannot find anything online...was told it was "on the computer" but darn if I can find it.
    So, fishing here! somebody has to know something...

Kirkd

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 22, 2013
    Greenwood
    That sure would explain a lot. I would get updates on the Walmart app showing they got stock and when I would go there, nothing was in. At 1 point about a month ago, the manger told me that they hadnt gotten any ammo except shotgun in over 6 weeks.

Today, for the first time, the inventory on hand was congruant with the walmart app and I scored 1 box on 223 ammo. This store has a 1 box limit

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    That sure would explain a lot. I would get updates on the Walmart app showing they got stock and when I would go there, nothing was in. At 1 point about a month ago, the manger told me that they hadnt gotten any ammo except shotgun in over 6 weeks.

Today, for the first time, the inventory on hand was congruant with the walmart app and I scored 1 box on 223 ammo. This store has a 1 box limit

Clue me in...how do you make the app send you updates?

Kirkd

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 22, 2013
    Greenwood
    Clue me in...how do you make the app send you updates?

Sorry about that. The app tells you wether or not it is in stock. If you go to Walmart.com and search for the ammo you want and which store location, you can select an option to notify you when in stock and you get an email when it gets in.

Now I have learned that the app will show you when the ammo is in, but nit necessarily on the floor. I talked to a Walmart manager and was told that the trucks come in at night. When that happens, it will show that is in stock. However, you will not have access to it until the Dept manager shows up in the morning when the sporting goods dept opens. Apparently, the restockers used to put ammo behind the counter at night, but that has changed due to "missing stock". It now is unloaded directly from he truck and placed in a locked cage.

Last night. Went to the Walmart in Greenwood to get some gun oil and the guy being the counter told me that if I was looking for ammo, they got some in and the manager would be in at 730am to get it.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Sorry about that. The app tells you wether or not it is in stock. If you go to Walmart.com and search for the ammo you want and which store location, you can select an option to notify you when in stock and you get an email when it gets in.

Now I have learned that the app will show you when the ammo is in, but nit necessarily on the floor. I talked to a Walmart manager and was told that the trucks come in at night. When that happens, it will show that is in stock. However, you will not have access to it until the Dept manager shows up in the morning when the sporting goods dept opens. Apparently, the restockers used to put ammo behind the counter at night, but that has changed due to "missing stock". It now is unloaded directly from he truck and placed in a locked cage.

Last night. Went to the Walmart in Greenwood to get some gun oil and the guy being the counter told me that if I was looking for ammo, they got some in and the manager would be in at 730am to get it.

Thanks. I thought maybe I was missing out on a feature.

Flinttim

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2011
    I heard the story second hand and was not sure if I should post or not. The story I got was he was led out by ATF agents. Would they show up for theft or would some federal law be violated here ?

Kirkd

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 22, 2013
    Greenwood
    I heard the story second hand and was not sure if I should post or not. The story I got was he was led out by ATF agents. Would they show up for theft or would some federal law be violated here ?

I have a friend that used to be manager there. I have spoken with this person and they will ask someone who currently works there. There is nothin the The Republic newspaper or at least the free online edition

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    is this something to read about or is it a rumor or was it on the news or what?

Until I can see some sort of proof this is real, it's another interweb rumor.
    Forgive me for not seeing it on the news or hearing it on the radio, I have my reasons why I've been a bit of a shut in lately.

jmach

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Columbus
    Hi warthog, I got a very detailed story from a current employee. But it's still second hand info at this point.
    I know how rumors and "stories" go, that's why I posted to see if someone else had info...
    I don't want to blab and spread misinformation if it is not true.

thus far, no online or print tangibles.
    looks like one other person heard it too, so maybe we can piece the story together yet!

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    No worries, just wanted to know exactly where it all stands. I'm sure when it breaks, links will be posted.

as for this being under BATFE jurisdiction, this would be my answer...
    I have BATFE Agent friends and anything to do with firearms, intra or inter state is their jurisdiction of they decide it is their jurisdiction. Seeing as Barry O is looking like a jerk who is making the ammo go away, I would guess the BATFE would take something like this very seriously and want to make an example of the manager. I mean a very severe, public punishment to make it very clear that Barry O's people are doing all they can to make the American Sportsmen happy. Of course it is equally clear this is for "sportsmen" and not the SHOOTER who might enjoy hitting the range with his/her AK47.

In any case, this is a step in the right direction. How stupid is it to steal when you can buy like this person should have done.

Flinttim

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2011
    We may never know the story. Walmart will want to keep a tight lid on it for obvious reasons. I did look thru the Republics police blotter and nothing there. If it was ATF it would not show up on the local police records.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I haven't perused the classifieds much lately.
    Wonder what the Walmart manager's INGO screen name is?

Well, I would suspect those that are the most vocal against anybody that complains about people hoarding and gouging...We know we can cross Hornady off that list since he says he was out of town this week....:D

Top Bottom