• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mike Elzinga

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 22, 2008
    NWI
    I am trying to import 2 bolt action rifles from the UK to the US. I spoke to a local FFL dealer and he seemed open to the idea of receiving them but neither of us have any experience with a form 6 and the more I look into a form 6, it has some questions that I’m not positive how to answer. Are there any FFLs in Indiana that have experience with a form 6 ?

HHollow

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2012
    I have done many form6's as a private individual. However, I import parts rather than complete rifles but the ATF insists on me using my 03 FFL (C&R).

If the bolt action guns you want qualify as C&R then get a 03 FFL and import them yourself. Download the form6 and read the fine print. As long as the rifle is of a common type and qualifies as C&R you will have your permit in 3 weeks. And there should be no import marking required.

Mike Elzinga

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 22, 2008
    NWI
    I have done many form6's as a private individual. However, I import parts rather than complete rifles but the ATF insists on me using my 03 FFL (C&R).

If the bolt action guns you want qualify as C&R then get a 03 FFL and import them yourself. Download the form6 and read the fine print. As long as the rifle is of a common type and qualifies as C&R you will have your permit in 3 weeks. And there should be no import marking required.
    Thanks! I doubt they qualify as they are are both Modern, built in the last 10 years or so

Stengun

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2024
    Horseheads
    FFL’s can make occasional imports for themselves and clients otherwise you need someone with an importer license

Only importers can import surplus military firearms

I am trying to buy some about 50 mags in the UK now and these appear to require a uk export license as well as the US form 6. Shipping I am told has to be specialized airfreight Quoted was 880 gbp to ship about 70 pounds of mags. Considering taking a low cost vacation to London and Hand carrying in baggage with paperwork in hand.

Top Bottom