• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Shaker

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 24, 2008
    Where the wind blows
    Congratulations :): You have become a member of a small group of people who hold such a distinguish honor and can be proud for such. I recieved mine in 1978. Keep a level head thu out life and you will prosper.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    1996 at age 15. First Eagle Scout in Owensville, IN.

Proudest moment of my life, second only to my kids being born.

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    To hell with Eagle! :D I stayed SPL for two years running and kept at the more NCO-like Life Scout! :D

Wingo on Eagle man, thats a hard thing to do. So many people have so much to do that Eagle seems be all but inachievable sometimes. But a quality few stand up and recieve it after hard work.

Boy Scouts is responsible for what I am today: A deviant with a heart of gold. :) If I have a son, its the Scouts for him! One learns so much and develops life long experiences that make them excel in today's increasingly terrifying world.

Bubbajms

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Sep 3, 2008
    Delphi, IN
    I wish - I was a Star Scout, just about to become a Life Scout and my troop disbanded. It was a pretty rural area and there weren't any other close troops to join or transfer into, so my scouting days were over..

About that time I picked up competition shooting for the first time, though..

Wagswook

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 1, 2008
    Troop 372, Denver Area Council (Denver Colorado) - Order of the Arrow August 1988 - Eagle Scout June 1990, age 15. :)

kludge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Eagle, December 1988.

Philmont 1986.

Been a scout leader in one form or another for the past 12 years too. My oldest got his Arrow of Light a few months ago and the next one is working on his Bear.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Eagle, December 1988.

Philmont 1986.

Been a scout leader in one form or another for the past 12 years too. My oldest got his Arrow of Light a few months ago and the next one is working on his Bear.

That's awesome! I can't wait until my son who is 3 enters scouts. I'll either become a leader myself, or try starting our own troop if we move somewhere that there is no troop.

Which trek did you go on at Philmont? We did the two week trek that took us to the beaver dam camp and the base of Mt. Baldy, hiked to the top and seen TX, did the skeet shooting and rock climbing, and ended back at the tooth of time.

For those who never went or have no clue of Philmont...
    Un-Official Philmont

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Crossroads of America Council, Troop 348, New Market, Indiana.

Was one merit badge requirement from gaining the last merit badge to qualify for Life. Then I started driving more and Scouting just wasn't very "cool".

Spent 2 to 3 summer camps down at Camp Randsburg on the shores of Lake Monroe.

Was also tapped into and joined Order of the Arrow.

Kudos to those of you who did matriculate all the way to Eagle, though! Good on ya!

-J-

Greg.B

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    Evansville
    To all of our Scouts, and particularly the Eagle Scouts; I'm honored to be here with you. I wasn't a Scout as a youth (didn't have the time, opportunity, or money), but I am the Scoutmaster for my sons' Troop and we have 4 or 5 working their way up the ranks now. I commend you all! :)

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    made it to life scout(never got my service project done,when I hit 17 seems like I had more "fun" things to do :wallbash: Also a OA member.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    To all of our Scouts, and particularly the Eagle Scouts; I'm honored to be here with you. I wasn't a Scout as a youth (didn't have the time, opportunity, or money), but I am the Scoutmaster for my sons' Troop and we have 4 or 5 working their way up the ranks now. I commend you all! :)

Buffallo Trace Council or is it Algonquin now? I was part of Troop 248 out of Owensville. Either way, if Old Ben Scout Reservation is still running you should go every year. It was a Rock Quarry turned camp and they have a shotgun/rifle/archery range!

:rockwoot: It's in Petersburg BTW...

I commend you for stepping up and help those boys. I can't wait til I get my chance when my son is old enough. My dad took over the Cub Scouts and it grew from 8 to 64 and when I went to Boy Scouts my dad took over as Troop Master and it grew from 4 to 25 until we moved. My dad never gave me any breaks and when I wanted to quit he kicked my arse and I stayed. If anything he was tougher on me than anyone else in the troop. It was a hard road but I regret nothing. Boy Scouts taught me a lot and I look forward to teaching others.

Thanks to everyone who supports Scouting. You'll never know how much it means to a scout unless you are or have been part of a troop.

:patriot:

Hotdoger

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2008
    Boone County, In.
    Made it to Life , by the time I buckled down to finish Eagle it was to late.
    OA Brotherhood, 1973 Jamboree.

Lots of graet memories form cub scouts and on.
    My son is not intrested , brakes my heart.

Pami

INGO Mom
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Next to Lars
    Just an FYI: If any of you know any women who have earned their Gold Awards in Girl Scouts, give them the same consideration you would an Eagle Scout. There is an immense amount of work that is done to earn a Gold Award that takes a minimum of two years to accomplish, and then a service project related to that work finalizes the requirements. Most girls take three to four years to complete the Gold Award requirements.

I completed everything except the service project. I had a close friend in Scouts, and we were both active on the Council level, so we were pretty well known by most of the active adults at that time. We always said we were twins separated at birth because our interests were so much the same. :): Anyway, she was able to get her requirements done before I was, and without talking to each other about what our service project was, we each had planned the exact same thing. She just got hers done first. And since we were both so well known by the people who would be awarding the Gold Award, I didn't want to make it look like I was copying her, and I never did think of a new idea for my service project. Looking back, I wish I had.

Anywho, I'm glad we have so many Eagle Scouts around. :) Just be sure to be on the lookout for women who have earned the Girl Scout equivalent -- the Gold Award. :)

Top Bottom