• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Old Bear

Greyman Apprentice
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Aug 19, 2016
    Newton County
    S&W model 36, bobbed hammer, Uncle Mike's boot grip, loaded up with Remington 158gr. SWCHP +P. This is the old FBI load. Shoots dead on at 10 yards. This always feels like an old friend is with me.

Trapper Jim

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2012
    Arcadia
    S&W model 36, bobbed hammer, Uncle Mike's boot grip, loaded up with Remington 158gr. SWCHP +P. This is the old FBI load. Shoots dead on at 10 yards. This always feels like an old friend is with me.

it’s nice to see so many revolvers on INGO!!!

Broaden your ability .....all guns....all games

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Always figured this was somebody's belly gun from the 30's. Started as a Colt NS in .455 Eley in 1915 sent to England, British proofs, somehow returns here and gets the barrel cut and new sights. Lock work has been smoothed and a special offset hammer added with a 1930's era cylinder latch. I shoot it with 300 grain RCBS soft lead gas checks loaded as heavy as is practical. I put the elk grips on it as it had none.

Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98%
    49   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    Always figured this was somebody's belly gun from the 30's. Started as a Colt NS in .455 Eley in 1915 sent to England, British proofs, somehow returns here and gets the barrel cut and new sights. Lock work has been smoothed and a special offset hammer added with a 1930's era cylinder latch. I shoot it with 300 grain RCBS soft lead gas checks loaded as heavy as is practical. I put the elk grips on it as it had none.

Interesting...and if it works, use it!

I'm actually considering a Taurus 450 Titanium in .45 Colt, from a buddy, as I've always been a .45 Colt fan...recoil is moderately brutal, and the grip is built for it, but it's a great shooter...nuthin' like 5 rounds of 225 grain in a snubbie for self-defense.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    I carry a Ruger LCRx 38 special with them new ARX Defense rounds as a backup. Super lightweight. Thinking about getting a Bond derringer for my pocket lol. Backup of the backup.

Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98%
    49   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn

That's where I'm at with a .38...it's just an old yet reliable friend...one you can trust!

Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98%
    49   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    I carry a Ruger LCRx 38 special with them new ARX Defense rounds as a backup. Super lightweight. Thinking about getting a Bond derringer for my pocket lol. Backup of the backup.

Shooting buddy has a Bond derringer. Found it to be difficult to use, grips too small, hammer spring stiff, as heavy as a small revolver. Don

I've had the opportunity to play around with a Bond Derringer several years ago, a .357 that also shot .38's....and I wasn't impressed enough to even consider buying one...and it took both hands to really operate it.
    Everything was stiff, it wasn't all that comfortable in the grip, and the SAO, with that small hammer and trigger just didn't feel like it would be comfortable or efficient to me in a time of need. I gave up wanting one after that.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Every day....Two of them in 357 magnum but loaded with plus p 38 specials.....

rimg.php
    rimg.php

zachcz

CZ is just better.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Jul 2, 2019
    Shelbyville
    I carry a ruger lcr from time to time. It likes gold dots and shoots them straight so that’s what’s in it

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I did. But my sister was in need so the 642 is with her now. She has had carpel tunnel surgery on both hands and jacking a slide on a semi is tough for her.

I had mine (now hers) loaded up with the same Corbons that VUPD has in his.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    I did. But my sister was in need so the 642 is with her now. She has had carpel tunnel surgery on both hands and jacking a slide on a semi is tough for her.

I had mine (now hers) loaded up with the same Corbons that VUPD has in his.

Shield EZ my friend. Shield EZ. I like A snubby as much as the next guy, but for arthritis, carpal tunnel, weak hands, etc. Shield EZ is the gun to look at right now. I have been very pleased with these guns. The 99 grain Federal HST is HOT! Or find some 90 grain XTPs.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Shield EZ my friend. Shield EZ. I like A snubby as much as the next guy, but for arthritis, carpal tunnel, weak hands, etc. Shield EZ is the gun to look at right now. I have been very pleased with these guns. The 99 grain Federal HST is HOT! Or find some 90 grain XTPs.

I've considered one for my dad but have heard that they are susceptible to limp-wristing in the hands of the target demographic. Any testing with a compromised grip?

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    I've considered one for my dad but have heard that they are susceptible to limp-wristing in the hands of the target demographic. Any testing with a compromised grip?

All autos are susceptible, especially .380. Low pressure cartridge that is relatively short and fat. But you know that better then I. I have not had my wife’s malfunction with good ammo. I test fire defensive guns strong hand, weak hand, side ways, upside down, compromised grip, two fingers. I can make everything choke including Glocks. This little EZ just battles on.

edit: I did have one EZ come back to the store. Malfunctions within the first couple magazines. I cleaned and lubed the gun and sold the guy a different box of ammo. Gun was taken out of box and shot. We had sold him Winchester service grade which may be underpowered, so I told him to try something else. I also told him if he had any more problems I wanted to know. He never returned so I can only assume all was OK. Point is guns need cleaned and proper ammo.

I have sold these things to my wife, my friends wives, my wife’s best friend. Every lady likes them. Recommend one to my sister and my mother.

On a side note because BBI is a ballistics guy. Now we have an easy to shoot gun with a 3.5” barrel. Not a hard to shot pocket gun with 2.75” barrel. Point is there is more barrel to burn powder and possibly make .380 work. Not it’s not 9mm, but good hollowpoints feel like real ammo going off. 9 rounds of 99 grain HST should stack up against 5 rounds of .38 special, especially the neutered stuff with a little pink ribbon that women buy. For the record I carry ball in my LCP BUG but my wife’s EZ and the Glock 42 get the new HSTs or XTPs.

Last edited:

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    All autos are susceptible, especially .380. Low pressure cartridge that is relatively short and fat.

Sure, just some more than others. The P250 .380 was supposed to be very resistant to limp-wristing malfunctions but I had heard pretty mixed reviews on the Shield EZ from folks who'd put them in truly disabled hands. I don't know what kind of ammo they were using, though. When dad could still kind of rack a slide I loaded his gun with S&B, which unless things have changed was usually a bit hotter then US made bulk .380.

Top Bottom