• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IndyGunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 27, 2010
    So my friend posted this picture on facebook... enjoy the hilarious conversation that ensued.

illgdc.jpg

Michael Dion I think if you look at it from the perspective that people use their cars each and ever day, and guns usually spend most of their time stored away, you will find those statistics don't apply. imho, both sides lie and use half ass statistics to back them up.
    11 hours ago · Like

Michael Dion every time someone goes on a shooting spree like in CO, both sides come up with bs statistics. the simple fact is that unless a solution is found, no one is really safe, and any one of you can be sitting there enjoying a movie, or dinner, or whatever, and some nut job with a gun can come along and end it all. if you can't see that after the aftermath in CO, then you are just living in a state of denial.
    11 hours ago · Like

Me ‎"guns usually spend most of their time stored away" Didn't realize my hip was considered storage.
    11 hours ago · Like

Michael Dion I said most...that means not all. there will always be the paranoid who can't leave home without a gun.
    11 hours ago · Like

Me LOL! Conversation over, I'd rather not waste time bashing my head into an ignorant wall. I hope you're never in a situation where you have to defend yourself or your family.
    11 hours ago · Like

me Plus I love how you said these stats are manipulated then went on to say "most" hahahahah. Get out of here!
    11 hours ago · Like

Michael Dion when is the last time you had to pull out your gun in self defense? your excuse is just the same old bs excuse I have heard a gazillion times already. here you go...Ice T on gun control, and his reason against it. the best he could come with is...and get this...."guns are NOT for hunting, they are to protect you from the POLICE". really nice message he is sending. I also like how he says they are easier ways to kill a lot of people...."strap on explosives..people do it all the time". when's the last time you saw a guy in the USA blow himself up and take people out with him? hate to say it, but Americans aren't likely to do that. even the sickos are too cowardly to blow themselves up...lol. anyway...always bs excuses. if where you live is so ****ing dangerous that you have to carry a gun, any intelligent person would just move. [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-GwIbyp4xBU[/ame]

Michael Dion I said most guns are in storage....not most stats. I happen to believe all stats are manipulated. learn to read what is written you gun totin' moron.
    11 hours ago · Unlike · 1

me I hope I never have to use it. That's the point. Id rather have it and not need it than need it and not have it. I wonder what would have happened in CO if 300 people had returned fire on that guy. Im just glad you're in canada. Please, stay there.
    11 hours ago via mobile · Like

Michael Dion listen dude...all I said was both sides lie, and that something has to be done to stop things from happening like what happened last week in CO. I did not say everyone should have their guns taken away, did I? I have no problem with a responsible individual owning a legal firearm. you're just being a defensive asshat trying to justify carrying a gun at all times.
    10 hours ago · Unlike · 1

Thom I do feel that Aurora, CO would have a major out come if one person was armed.
    10 hours ago via mobile · Like

Michael Dion it might have, Thom...or the guy who pulled the gun could have just ended up dead himself. we will never know. I guess what I am feeling as that when you compare guns to cars...well, cars have to be registered and licensed to be legal. maybe firearms should be the same. at least that way you can make an attempt to screen the gun owners a bit better. wouldn't you feel safer knowing that a mentally unbalanced individual couldn't own a gun?

Michael Dion ...it's all the same. it's the pro-gun guys that get upset and have to start with the name calling. I am all about a good "discussion", but I just find most gun owners, especially those who carry all the time, can't have a discussion. they are just too defensive about their right to carry....so much so that that they have to start with name calling, which really doesn't help their argument at all.

me Lolz at this waste of time.
    9 hours ago via mobile · Like

Michael Dion that's usually the reply guys like you give. it's because your arguments are so weak. lol
    9 hours ago · Unlike · 1

me That's usually the reply a troll with no desire to have a logical conversation would give. If you'd like to have one just let me know. Have a good night.
    8 hours ago via mobile · Like

Michael Dion no thanks "me"....I wrote you off as being able to have an intelligent conversation the moment you started with the name calling.
    7 hours ago · Unlike · 1

Michael Dion I agree with you Matt...both sides lie. especially the government. the other side...not so much lies as weak excuses. both sides have their fanatics, and they are all crazy.
    7 hours ago · Unlike · 1

Seth Listen its as simple as this. Guns dont kill people. people kill people with guns. that crazy ass kid in CO could have thrown a bomb in the audience... does that mean we have to stop selling wire and certain chemicals? no... it was a freak tragedy. there are many people out there that are stabbed, beaten, and killed without guns. Guns just make it a little easier
    7 hours ago · Like

Michael Dion that's kind of the reasoning I was getting at...and it doesn't make sense to me. cars don't kill people, the people driving them do. that is why you have to take at least some sort of a driving test to prove you can drive. would you want a epileptic prone to seizures sharing the hwy with you? of course not. so why would you want just any unstable idiot able to buy a gun? for the last damn time, because some of you just don't seem to hear what I am saying, I am not against owning guns. I am just against anyone being allowed to own one. people should be screened...well screened, before being allowed to own one. if that part is unacceptable to you or you diagree with it...well it must mean you have something to hide...like that fact your ****ing nuts. any sane and responsible person shouldn't have a problem with it.
    7 hours ago · Unlike · 1

Michael Dion and if you **** nut kid takes your gun out of your house and walks into a theater and kills someone, YOU should be accountable for his actions, and tried for murder. geez...people and their guns...they want to own them, but don't want anything to do with making it a little better regulated so not just anyone can get a hold of them. it's not being responsible at all.
    7 hours ago · Unlike · 1

Seth and this is more of an issue than drunk driving? I mean, compare those two... drunk driving is actually worse... so for people to talk about "gun control" and they go out tonight and get wasted and drive home are more of a danger than your average guy with a gun in his house
    6 hours ago · Like

Michael Dion of course drunk driving is a bigger issue. I am not comparing which is the bigger issue. and if you go back and read, I didn't even mention drunk driving. you were the one who mentioned drunk driving. I mentioned an epileptic prone to seizures being behind the wheel. see...this is exactly wtf I was talking about. I have never had one discussion with a pro gun guy who can read what the hell is written without jumping all over the place and quoting things that were never said. I am done with this. it really is a waste of time and I don't waste my time with folks who put words in my mouth. drunk driving...sheesh, you bring it up, then say I did. wtf kind of nonsense is that? I would like to discuss this rationally with you guys, but between the name calling and putting words in my mouth, it just ain't possible. so have a good one all, and be safe!
    6 hours ago · Edited · Unlike · 1

me Lol I havent made one attack towards you. In fact YOU implied that I was paranoid. So you can't read, can't remember, and can't think. Ding ding ding we have ourselves a typical dipsh**.
    5 hours ago via mobile · Like

Michael Dion just keep on doing what your doing, cowboy. frankly, I really care less. you can all take to the streets shooting each other up for all I care...and I am sincere about that. in the mean time, I can take pride, and have peace of mind knowing I can go to the movies without getting blown away, and not have to carry a gun to feel safe in my own neighborhood. gun control is the least of Americas problems, imho. violent crimes are just a small part of America's great decline into the abyss. most prison in the world, way down on the list in education, your economy sucks, you are the only country out of the civilized nations with ****ty health care, unless you are well off of course, and you can't even figure out the metric system. and the list goes on. tell me, what makes you the greatest country in the world? oh wait...you aren't.
    5 hours ago · Edited · Unlike · 1

me Hahahahaha!!!! Priceless!

https://www.facebook.com/michael.dion.338

IndyGunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 27, 2010
    I responded with
    484444_396192770442903_1832942529_n.jpg

LOL! I hope he keeps talking, It's amazing what some people think is logical thought.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2012
    Columbus, IN
    I would have responded with... "It's ok we don't need to have an intelligent discussion, if we are ever out in public together and SHTF, I'll remember your stance on gun control and that I'm simply a "gun totin' moron", or "The Paranoid who can't leave his house without a gun" I bet you sure will like to hide behind me. But it's not happening because an intelligent person could have told you to simply move neighborhoods or towns because this ones so bad.

sprshggy07

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 13, 2010
    Terre Haute
    I spent my whole day Tuesday arguing on facebook about gun laws and the 2nd amendment. It left me exhausted and with no confidence in the future of our country.

crispy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 29, 2010
    Noblesville
    Most of the nutjobs that go on these shooting sprees would probably be cleared for gun ownership anyway. You simply cannot tell who is nuts and who is not.

So, in the end, it always comes back to taking them away from everyone to make sure the .0001% doesn't get them. Nevermind that the .0001% can find a way to get them anyway.

THard6

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   1
    Apr 1, 2010
    Greenwood
    I spent my whole day Tuesday arguing on facebook about gun laws and the 2nd amendment. It left me exhausted and with no confidence in the future of our country.

ohhhh, so you gave in??
    NOOOOOOOO!!! that's what they want you to do. don't lose confidence. it's not going to take ya far..

CPT Nervous

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    The Southern Bend
    I love how he said that he has peace of mind knowing that he can go to the movies without getting blown away. I bet everyone in CO thought that, too.

Criminals are unpredictable?? Whaaaa?

You never know when something bad will happen???

This guy is an ignorant fool, plain and simple. To think it is paranoid to carry a gun is ludicrous. Ask him if he wears a seat belt. Tell him he's paranoid for doing it.

sprshggy07

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 13, 2010
    Terre Haute
    ohhhh, so you gave in??
    NOOOOOOOO!!! that's what they want you to do. don't lose confidence. it's not going to take ya far..

I never give in. I got the last several words in and he never responded, so I called it a win. It still left me feeling like I just worked in the heat all day.

Fixer

Expert
    Rating - 96.4%
    26   1   1
    Nov 22, 2009
    Fort Wayne Area
    Some people belive if we just get rid of all the guns the violence will magically disappear. I guess it is just to traumatic to realize the violent people will still be there plotting to do great harm with whatever they can use.
    Timothy McVeigh ring any bells!

Iroquois

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2011
    The antis always act as is we live in a world of absolutes...

So,after one of them spouts off I usually respond with a question 'so you think the answer is to disarm the victims?'

And some times they actually have a comeback 'no ,we should take them all away'

And I ask the second question 'you mean like we done with the the illegal drugs,
    hows that working?'

And sometimes they show their true colors with 'the cops should go door to door and take them'

Which I usually respond with the closer 'well, sieg-hiel mr hitler'...they usually shut up or go away at that point.

I kind of got lost in that rant above but I got the impression that the one antis wasn't
    even from the U.S. but Canada. One should remind him what G. Washington said
    "An armed man is a citizen, an unarmed man is a subject" Also remind him that we
    won our independence the hard way, from a thriving empire. It was not given to us
    by default by a dying kingdom...

VikingWarlord

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 1, 2012
    Noblesville
    You can't convert an anti and to try is a fool's errand.

It's a lot easier to snag the people who live in the middle. Over the last week, I've had half a dozen people say they want to go to the range and learn more about firearms after seeing me refute every talking point that's come up on Facebook. Hell, the girlfriend finally agreed to not only go with me but enroll in the NRA Basic Pistol as well.

Just keep your points intelligent, factual, and without emotion or hyperbole and, slowly, the middle can swing to our side.

Top Bottom