• ...and so much more!
  • Tanfodude

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2012
    4 Seasons
    From a leftist that says he used to be against guns

Here's more https://unherd.com/2021/11/the-liberal-case-for-gun-ownership/?s=09

Bugzilla

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2021
    DeMotte
    I seldom read long articles in full, but this one is worth it.

The author is very honest, although I do not agree with him 100%, I give him a strong B+.

Edit, A-
    This and Actaeon277’s articles almost hint that even liberals are beginning to get fed up with liberal policies, or the possible outcomes of liberal policies.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    When the riot comes to their own door, it causes them to pause...

They are being lumped in with conservatives even when they bow and renounce their whiteness.

It scares some of them.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    And here we have it. The significant emotional experience (props to Dr Massey) that caused the writer to completely change his views on RKBA and the 2A.

For my part, I don’t believe it. In fact, I believe I know better, both as a scholar and as someone who was falsely accused of racism and hunted in my own neighbourhood — with the police withdrawn in a foolish attempt to appease the mob.

Then there's this. I have to agree with @2A_Tom that the guy gets it, but doesn't. Oh well, a work in progress that's a lot closer to INGO on 2A views than the faculty lounge.

The second reason an armed population might succeed against the military-gone-rogue is that it is exceedingly unlikely the entire military would accept immoral orders. Either they would divide over the question, and the armed populace would end up fighting alongside the hopefully large portion of the military who remained loyal to the Constitution and their fellow citizens. Or those who would naturally resist immoral orders would have been purged from the uniformed ranks under some pretext that discovers and discharges those with independent minds, returning these non-compliant souls home to their well-armed families and neighbourhoods. Either way, private gun ownership might well prove decisive in a periodic contest between “patriots and tyrants”.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    This and Actaeon277’s articles almost hint that even liberals are beginning to get fed up with liberal policies, or the possible outcomes of liberal policies.
    I think that’s true, but underlying it, what I think is going on, we kive in a very polarized social universe now. And so things are becoming more black and white for people. People are self-sorting into two main groups where the things that formerly separated them ideologically, are suddenly not as important as the issues they care about most.

The two groups of people seem to be sorting themselves into a primarily collective or individual priority. That priority overrides a lot of differences between conservatives and moderate left. And since those groups now have some common ground, they can have reasonable discussions about their other political beliefs too.

So maybe now, Bret Weinstein became more open to considering the arguments in favor of gun rights. And the people on the right who hear him speak about many of the issues important to him as a progressive, can listen to his reasoning in a more intellectually honest way.

I think that means that the individual minded people on the right and left may form a new coalition. The collective minded people on the right, look to me like they’ll sort into the collectivist group.

EMT-Alex

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2021
    Anderson
    I thought about where to put this, this was the best I could come up with, even though it's not "legislation".

Anyway, the source of many of these are coming from facebook, "Anti-Gunners Say the Darnedest Things Rebooted"
    https://www.facebook.com/antigunnerssaythedarnedestthings/
    When I lived in California, I had a hardcore democrat English teacher.
    He explained to the class that guns are unnecessary and he justified his reason with his own experience.

He was returning home with his father to their house. His father entered the kitchen only to be greeted with an armed robber.

The robber proceeded to beat his father and threaten to shoot him if they tried to retaliate in any way.

The robber took what he could and left, his father had to go to the hospital and the perpetrator was never caught.

My teacher was glad he didn’t have a firearm to defend himself with because it would’ve escalated the situation.

Me and my friend died of laughter.
    If you’re going to burglarize a home, hit the ones with the BLM signs.

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    ...If you’re going to burglarize a home, hit the ones with the BLM signs.
    It's the surest way to know. A BLM sign says "loot." They might even put out a "halloween basket" on the porch for you. It sounds like something from a Rush Limbaugh sketch, so it will probably happen.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I guess this guy doesn't know that there are teachers that carry.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I guess this guy doesn't know that there are teachers that carry.

"Bringing guns into our schools conveys one monumental lesson: that we should deal with violence in our society with greater threats of violence. As students go out into the world, will they take that lesson with them?"

Uh. This guy is a moron who doesn't understand society. Yes. threats of violence have to be dealt with another threat of violence. That's why the state has guns, although in the US, we recognize that the state shouldn't have a monopoly on violence. It's just the way it is.

Bugzilla

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2021
    DeMotte
    "Bringing guns into our schools conveys one monumental lesson: that we should deal with violence in our society with greater threats of violence.
    Isn’t that how you prevent violence and win wars! Being sent to prison, large bond, etc are “forms of violence“. Look at the cities that eliminated those, and defunded the PD. Liberal utopia.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    269873261_10158954314246275_8663858248876023014_n.jpg

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    “We do not believe that arresting people and convicting them for illegal gun possession is a viable strategy to reduce shootings.”

Top Bottom