• Best metl 9mm? Which should I buy?

• Total voters

Turtle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 8, 2008
    INDY
    OK Ive got that fever. You know what I'm talking about! And I thing the only cure for it is a little medicine in 9mm and in STAINLESS!

I know... I know.... Why not just get a big sexy 1911?? Man I would totally dig one of those. But i like cheap ammo and have a good stock of 9mm. I have the wife and kid thing going and yeah a mortgage. not to mention I get that fever ever so often. So you know the cure! Back to my delema.....

Which to buy? here are my top 3 choices and my current opinions.

CZ 75B < very sexy looking, grip looks thinner. is said to be the only 9mm with all steal frame. (any one have one I can shoot I'm and range member at pops)

Beretta 92 < I shot a beat up rental and Was impressed... But the grip was fat but still decent. and very sexy in stainless.

Sig < sexy, smaller kinda funky trigger. I have never shot one but would love to!

Would love to here from any one owning any of these guns.... or any suggestions for something not listed thats of similar quality.

Please post pix and show off you babies. Motivate me....lol

Last edited:

JcJ

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2008
    CDNN has HK P7's, $699 for the stainless $589. for the Blue..

Flame away but that is how I would spend your money..:D

gglass

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    ELKHART
    I too voted sig, they have a steel frame as well. You want to shoot a few just come on up!

I had no idea that the Sig P250 had a steel frame.;)

My vote is for a 1911... If you choose a model in the middle of the price spectrum, it should maintain its value very well.

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Beretta.

I owned a Beretta, quite aside from carrying one on duty for years, and never regretted a penny of the money I spent. It's very smooth, very accurate, and utterly reliable. Between my gun and my duty guns, I never had a single malfunction in tens of thousands of rounds, in climates ranging from frozen tundra to boiling desert. I loved that gun, and WILL have another sooner or later. It's a big gun, but I was able to carry it concealed just fine, and the size means reduced recoil and better control. I shot mine in IPSC, and it took me to an A class shooter despite being minor power factor. Hit the A zone and power factor doesn't matter. The Beretta made hitting the A zone easy.

The Sig is very nice, but the higher bore axis means more muzzle flip, and it's not any nicer than the Beretta. Certainly not enough to justify the price, IMHO. I loved my P239, and enjoyed shooting the 226, but I liked the Beretta better. Just by a hair, but still better.

Slab

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    fort wayne
    pass on all of it and get another AR?????
    i dont personally like any you listed, but i did like your .45 vs missiles comment

Lars

Rifleman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    Cedar Creek, TX
    2000 rounds of ammo, and 4 days on the range with Tactical Response wasn't an option.
    Neither were Glock or HK Pistols.

I am abstaining from voting.

Turtle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 8, 2008
    INDY
    I want an all metal pistola something shiny and sexy. So thats a huge negative for the Glock. Not to mention I carry a XD-9 full size. Why would I want a Glock? I already have 4 plastic guns. And a metal bersa. love the metal feel.

Training and ammo is a great option! But I get lazy when it gets cold.... whats that cost I'd be down come summer.

paddling_man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Jul 17, 2008
    Fishers
    Here ya go! Not too shiny but it's still in "titantium blue." A Richard Heinie Nighthawk Customs Ladyhawk. 9mm 1911. Prohibitively expensive for me but since I'm spending Turtle's cash, money is no object!

NH-LH1 - Lady Hawk - Custom Guns - - Detail
    ladyhawk.jpg

nh-lh1_1_xl.jpg

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    OK Ive got that fever. You know what I'm talking about! And I thing the only cure for it is a little medicine in 9mm and in STAINLESS!

I know... I know.... Why not just get a big sexy 1911?? Man I would totally dig one of those. But i like cheap ammo and have a good stock of 9mm. I have the wife and kid thing going and yeah a mortgage. not to mention I get that fever ever so often. So you know the cure! Back to my delema.....

Which to buy? here are my top 3 choices and my current opinions.

CZ 75B < very sexy looking, grip looks thinner. is said to be the only 9mm with all steal frame. (any one have one I can shoot I'm and range member at pops)
    snip

Hey, if you can afford it (and if you can afford the Sig you can afford these), you can have a 9mm 1911.

Springfield Armory Loaded 9mm, can get for around $840
    Springfield Armory

Para-Ordinance LTC 9mm, a commander sized gun. I know at least one internet site has them listed for $780.
    Para-Ordnance, High-Quality Handguns: Products

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    I love my 92. it is reliable,accurate,easy to maintain,and used you can pick one up for $350.00. There was a dealer at the 1500 who had full slides with barrels(M9) for 200...was tempting.Grumpe loves her 92 also.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jstan
    Top Bottom