Another school shooting this time in Texas.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jrob21

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Notice how all the 'coverage' was from earlier today? Probably because it's all cleared out by now but the media is having their full day of news on this..

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    You are all too young to remember the rash of shark attacks one summer. Every day it seems a new attack, or review of the attack from the day before.

Calamitous.

Then it turned out when all said and done the number of attacks was actually below the average.

The media do like to stir the pot and inflame the copycats, though, don't they? When they're not singing the praises of Barry the Great and Lady Michelle.

:bs:

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    Don't get me wrong. This is very news worthy. But the sensationalizing is wrong. I can't count how many times I heard the media speaking about the Conn. shooting stating: "if the body count holds up....". Sickening.

Why is it national-newsworthy? What possible connection does it have to your life in Indiana. Other than to titillate John Q. Public's taste for gore until the next Mark "Demand a Plan" Wahlberg shoot 'em up flick?

williamsburg

Master
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Nov 12, 2011
    Oaklandon
    You are all too young to remember the rash of shark attacks one summer. Every day it seems a new attack, or review of the attack from the day before.

I believe that was about 10 years ago. 2003-2004 I think. And yes when numbers were tabulated it was just as it was any other year.

williamsburg

Master
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Nov 12, 2011
    Oaklandon
    watching the abc 13 local feed. the news reporter asked a witness "well its my understanding the library was crowded. do you think the shooter(s) had intentions of shooting multiple people or did the shooter(s) single out certain persons?"
    the witness said she didn't know since it happened so fast.

ok if they were intent on multiple victims then why were there not multiple victims. i like how the media just tries to hype these stories.

HFDowner

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    Sure the media will hype this up. They should however indication the number of times firearms are legally and successfully used every day.

FMJ

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2012
    Fort Waste
    Awesome... More innocent lives taken and more gun laws coming our way....

nothing innocent about these...from what liitle "information" i have been able to digest...its GANG BANGERS!!

If thats what this turns out to be you can BET the media will drop it FAST! Cant be reporting that scumbags with rap sheets and stolen guns were "settling the score" for some imagined insult.

IF its gang related...to bad they didnt all kill each other.

Spike_351

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2012
    Scott County
    Yes OP something does seem odd about the rash of shootings lately. But it may be too that the media is reporting these more often now.
    They (the media) was quick to report a school shooting in KY last week. Nut when the truth of the matter (a domestic situation in the parking lot) came out they walked away from it.
    I would agree things seem odd but my reallity tells me its just media hyping since this is the hot topic of now.

Link
    Multiple shots reportedly fired at Lone Star College in Houston | Fox News

To be honest thougn hazard KY can be a rough place at times and doesnt surprise me much.

Tin Cup

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 14, 2009
    Michiana
    Our society likes to glamorize violence. Don't get me wrong, I love a good shot em' up movie. However I was brought up to know the difference between right and wrong and reality and fantasy. Anytime you turn the TV on someone is killing someone else. Not something every kid needs to see when mom and dad are at work.

Last night I was flipping channels and saw a new show "The Following" stars Kevin Bacon. I ended up turning it off. Within the first 5 minutes it had already showed multiple dead bodies with blood all over and throats slit. Then it showed pictures with womens eyes gouged out. And the part that made me turn the channel was when a women stabbed herself in the eye with a knife and then got the dead kicks laying on the floor. And this was a 9pm show on Fox. Not some Dexter cable show.

bcskypilot

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   1
    Jan 22, 2012
    Westfield, IN
    One shooter in custody sounds like they are still looking for another. The media needs something to push advertising spots so they will be all over this until they realize it was thug related and that there was no sign of any evil black rifles.

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 16, 2010
    I think the media is just looking to have another blood orgy and to demonize the lawful gun owners of the country. (youtube southpark blood orgy, not safe for children, or anyone for that matter...)

Do we need to do something about gun violence, yes. Is what they are proposing to do going to help, no. The majority of our 'gun violence' is committed by people who have already been convicted of felonies and a large percentage is gang related.

We have what, 3x as many people incarcerated as any other country? We have the greatest (ok maybe not the, but darn close to it) gap between the wealthy and normal citizen. We have cultural problems. We have drug problems. We have PROBLEMS.

I don't even know where I'm going with this anymore except to rant. Ugh, getting back to work. This whole media frenzy is just disgusting, they are looking under every rock to find something to push their agenda. It seems to me that they are HOPING to find it.

No sane person hopes violence will happen.

Chr15topher

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    New Albany
    nothing innocent about these...from what liitle "information" i have been able to digest...its GANG BANGERS!!

If thats what this turns out to be you can BET the media will drop it FAST! Cant be reporting that scumbags with rap sheets and stolen guns were "settling the score" for some imagined insult.

IF its gang related...to bad they didnt all kill each other.

I bet you're correct. If this is the case I guarantee the guns are illegally owned. Wander if it hurts Obama/Biden's gun ban??

netsecurity

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 14, 2011
    Hancock County
    Has anyone considered that this may have been an attempted mass shooting that was stopped by an armed student? Such armed student could be the one in custody for interrogation now, or he could be in the hospital. While the real shooter was deterred and made a run for it. It is Texas after all...

Wait for the facts.

FMJ

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2012
    Fort Waste
    Has anyone considered that this may have been an attempted mass shooting that was stopped by an armed student? Such armed student could be the one in custody for interrogation now, or he could be in the hospital. While the real shooter was deterred and made a run for it. It is Texas after all...

Wait for the facts.

FACTS!?!? We dont need no steenking facts!!! (just ask the lamestream media)

Top Bottom