• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Constructionist

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    Unfortunately he's now a martyr and all his BS is still on the Internet. I'm thrilled he's burning in hell but unfortunately we have many more to a******s to ventilate before we really make any progress.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    I don't like this precedence assasinating american citizens without due process is not a good thing.

If we are talking about SWAT teams shooting mothers with infants in their arms because the husband is alleged not to have paid a $5 tax, I agree. Or, if Johnny Law slams some random dude walking down the street in Seattle, I agree. Or, if the Sheriff has ordered speeders shot on sight in Wheatfield County, Nebraska.

However, this is a different venue and different rules of engagement.

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel
    I don't like this precedence assasinating american citizens without due process is not a good thing.

American citizens on foreign shores propagandizing for a foreign enemy assisting them in waging war upon the United States, not a problem blowing them to hell.

chraland51

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 31, 2009
    Camby Area
    I do not know if picking off one at a time every few months or so is actually doing anything more than making us think that we are making progress. For those of you that have ever watched a flock of Canada geese flying overhead, you have probably seen that when the apparent leader drops out for some reason, another in the group just takes his place almost immediately. Sure, we may pick off the guys getting all the publicity, but are we really making any true progress?

LockStocksAndBarrel

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    I do not know if picking off one at a time every few months or so is actually doing anything more than making us think that we are making progress. For those of you that have ever watched a flock of Canada geese flying overhead, you have probably seen that when the apparent leader drops out for some reason, another in the group just takes his place almost immediately. Sure, we may pick off the guys getting all the publicity, but are we really making any true progress?

I see your point but I contend that while they are a small portion of the whole, and they will be quickly replaced by another "body", these high profile individuals (like this dude and Bin Laden) are moral, emotional and most importantly, spiritual leaders. That kind of "clout" with the followers isn't easily replaced.

jmiller676

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 16, 2009
    18 feet up
    Treason.
    trea·son (tr
    emacr.gif
    prime.gif
    z
    schwa.gif
    n)
    n. 1. Violation of allegiance toward one's country or sovereign, especially the betrayal of one's country by waging war against it or by consciously and purposely acting to aid its enemies.
    2. A betrayal of trust or confidence.

treason - definition of treason by the Free Online Dictionary, Thesaurus and Encyclopedia.

60Driver

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 9, 2010
    Hamilton County
    While IANAL, I do have more than a passing familiarity with various current ROE. Depending on interpretation of the Geneva Conventions (that the Taliban or AQ and Associated movements including AQAP do not adhere to) he was either an "enemy combatant" or "unlawful combatant"

"Enemy combatant’ shall mean an individual who was part of or supporting Taliban or al Qaeda forces, or associated forces that are engaged in hostilities against the United States or its coalition partners. This includes any person who has committed belligerent act or has directly supported hostilities in aid of enemy combat forces"
    23 October 2008 US District Court Judge Richard J. Leon

The man provided at a minimum advice and direction to Umar Farouk Abdulmutallab and Nidal Hassan who attempted to and successfully killed American non-combatants and combatants. He was a Traitor and a Terrorist, and posed a continued direct threat to our nation and people and others.

Bottom line I would clear those Pred Drivers "Hot" any day of the week in 2 seconds flat, and twice on Sunday, with the ROE to back it up!

Nice shooting gents, buy you a beverage of choice if I ever get the chance!

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel
    I don't agree with Ron Paul on many things, but I do here -- he has a right to due process

He got the process that was due in his situation. He was not in custody, he was not on U.S. soil and he was acting as an agent of a foreign enemy. There was no other process due him.

bigg cheese

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 17, 2009
    Crawfordsville
    Unless he was an "active shooter," doesn't he get due process?

I do rather resent being called a Paulite -- nothing could be further from the truth. I don't believe he'd do anything unconstitutional, but I won't vote for him -- Ever.

he's got too many conspiracy theories and an uncontrolled imagination.

Top Bottom