• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Marc

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 16, 2008
    District 6
    if a illegal immagrant comes over here and marries to get legal status and then devorces does/should he/she go back to illegal status... the government renigs on alot of things why not this one. please shed some light on this for i am alittle confused.

clt46910

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Akron Indiana
    Just getting married does not make them legal. There is paperwork they have to complete to be legal. If they just marry and get divorced they are still not legal. If they complete the paperwork and time to be legal. They will still be legal if they divorce afterwards.

tyler34

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    bloomington
    Just getting married does not make them legal. There is paperwork they have to complete to be legal. If they just marry and get divorced they are still not legal. If they complete the paperwork and time to be legal. They will still be legal if they divorce afterwards.

true. I should know my father in law has had 4 mail order brides, all left after the timeline set forth to be legal and they are still here.

spartan933

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2008
    Porter County
    Yeah, once you get married, you have to get paperwork done and go through an interview process to determine that the couple married for reasons of LOVE. If not, the immigrant is ordered to leave. They have the right to appeal. But, the Appeals Court will make the final decision. I actually just watched something on this on 60 minutes last night. Immigrants married US Citizens. The Citizen died before the paperwork went through, and then they got deported. Interesting stuff.

Fiexie

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009

He's pretty much got it. The paperwork with the State Department has to be filled out. Simply being married itself does not qualify a person. The legal resident files the necessary paperwork, and they schedule an interview 6-12 months after all the paperwork is accepted.

Long time.

tyler34

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    bloomington
    Seriously? People really do that?

trust me it's the only way he could get one. they usually suck as much money as they can before they come to america, then do the minimum amount of whatever they have to do all while putting on a happy face until their paperwork comes in then it's goodbye husband hello sugardaddy.

jennybird

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    Martinsville, IN
    trust me it's the only way he could get one. they usually suck as much money as they can before they come to america, then do the minimum amount of whatever they have to do all while putting on a happy face until their paperwork comes in then it's goodbye husband hello sugardaddy.

Makes me kinda feel pity for him. That that is the only way he can find companionship (and I use that term loosely) is very sad and disturbing all at the same time. To allow himself to be used like that. To WANT to be used like that. Wow. No offense, but that's pretty messed up.

Top Bottom