• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Davis0023

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Aug 30, 2011
    NorthCentral Indiana
    I have to humbly and publicly annouce that I have found the Glocks equal. Now let me start by saying I always been the Glock fan since it was issued to me as a gen 2 in 2002...been a glock armorer, instructor ,etc. I have been issued and/or own Gen 3 , and Gen 4's allow both mid sized and full sized. I have always loved the Glock, and still do BUT..... fast forward 11 years and I get issued a non glock gun.

As I am sure this is no surprise to alot of you...But I was blown away. I get issued the Smith Wesson M&P 45acp. Note I have never shot one, and have very few rounds of experince shooting a 45 at all , I mean less than 10-15rds total!

I get to the range and shoot a 235 of 240!! On the ILEA scale thats expert, and I did it without any pratice or warm up with it. Now I am not going to get into whats that mean, or the legal issues , blah blah NOT the point!.

The point is this was an amazing smooth shooting gun and VERY LITTLE recoil. I was soo impressed. I will soon be getting the S&W M&P 40cal(compact) for a off duty carry ( dept paid for :yesway::): ) So the LONG and short of it is. Although Glock is great and all. There is others that are just as Great and dare I even say better?!?

I can only say give it a try and you to we be very surprised. I am proud to carry this side arm, and have all the faith in its ability to shoot true.
    The Smith and Wesson M&P 45acp gets a major :yesway: from me.

Joq867

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 13, 2013
    Brooksville
    I never liked Glock until I held one, and like even more after shooting. Always try something before you decide you don't like it.

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    I have a Glock 30 as well as Sig's and many other brands. The g\Glock is a nice gun but I never got a warm fuzzy feeling from shooting it :-). I am glad you had an open mine and tried something different. I haven't tried the Smith Wesson M&P yet.

HenryWallace

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 7, 2013
    Fort Wayne
    'Work towards what you want, afford what you can, appreciate and feed the needs, but LOVE what you have' - INGO's Henry Wallace.

Shot a Glock, and a SW but not an M&P. Looking at getting an M&P 9 interchangeable to 40 for Mrs. Wallace. I keep hearing great things.

horsehaulin

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 12, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    I love my M&P 40, although it has been sticking in battery since I installed a SI buffer, it shoots very well with over 800 rounds through it so far.

45fan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 20, 2011
    East central IN
    Ive tried the Glock, and I cannot discount that its a great weapon, but its just not for me. I have held a few M&Ps, and they do feel great to me, just havent ran into one for sale at the same time that I had the funds I was willing to part with. There are plenty of options out there, and as good as some of them are, none of them are right for everyone. Glad that you kept an open mind, and found something that works better for you than what you thought was the right one for you.

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    Wow, I learned something. That's an interesting post.

An 18 lb trigger, though? If I can swing a new infant from the trigger without touching off the pistol, probably not something I want to carry. :D

Yeah, that trigger is crazy heavy. I could not resist googling "first polymer gun" I figured I would burst a Glock lovers bubble with that one!

Top Bottom