• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ModernGunner

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    NWI
    I'll dig up the thread when I'm off work tonight. It was a few years ago in a horrible neighborhood near 38th.
    As it's been a bit more than two years cited in the 38th St. incident, can we presume that whatever State and Federal lawsuit(s) filed against the Department and the individual Officers have been adjudicated?

What was the outcome of the suit(s)?

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    I understand that the OP was referring to a gun buy-back in Cleveland, OH, but didn't Indiana recently pass a law prohibiting government sponsored gun buy-buybacks? That would explain why we don't see them around here any more. I guess private groups could still hold them with their own $ but they probably figure they could get more for their money buying advertising supporting their position or paying demonstrators to attend rallys.

I believe so. Or at least they can't use public funds for them. Also, confiscated arms can be used for training, resell, or if unserviceable reduced to parts for resale.

cce1302

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Back down south
    There have been 2 in South Bend in recent years.

The first one I recall, I was present to protest and was actually interviewed and put on TV saying it was a publicity stunt and ineffective, among other things.

I wasn't able to make the second one, but I contacted the "Second Amendment Patriots" group here in town and asked if they were going to do anything about it. They weren't.

LockStocksAndBarrel

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Wish South Bend would have one of those. I'd take the day off work just to show up.

You and me both!!!

Count me in on that one, too

There have been 2 in South Bend in recent years.

The first one I recall, I was present to protest and was actually interviewed and put on TV saying it was a publicity stunt and ineffective, among other things.

I wasn't able to make the second one, but I contacted the "Second Amendment Patriots" group here in town and asked if they were going to do anything about it. They weren't.

I'm a 2A Patriot and I didn't hear anything about it. I would proudly stand by your side, Clay.

Beowulf

Master
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    Brownsburg
    No. Contrary to what the officers desired, it is perfectly legal to buy a gun off of a private person. They were frantically trying to figure out some kind of violation to hit me with. The police ended up threatening to cite me for vagrancy if I didn't leave the area. :runaway:

Hey, whatever happened with that? The last we talked, I had sent you the contact info of a Libertarian lawyer friend of mine, but you said you had located an attorney of your own.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    As of last year's bill sponsored by Sen. Jim Tomes and championed by Rep. Jim Lucas, it is unlawful to use public funds for "gun buy-ups" (they're not "buy-backs" unless the buyer owned them before.)

Give those two gentlemen (and others who supported the bill) some help staying in the General Assembly, whydoncha?

Blessings,
    Bill

Mycroft

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Indianapolis area
    A gun "buy-back" is not philosophically any different than book-burning.
    They make a public spectacle out of destroying something they hate that other people value.

Top Bottom