• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • eric001

Vaguely well-known member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 3, 2011
    Indianapolis
    I just noticed I've got the same problem dieselrealtor had 3 weeks ago.

I tried to add some rep points, only to discover the only option available in the pop-up selection is "0"...

Does this have anything to do with the rep reset months ago??

Inquiring mind would love to know!

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    A few months ago I went from giving 2 to only being able to give 1. Came back to 2. I have got a fair amount of reps but my count doesn't grow? the rep system doesn't seem to mean anything anymore. :( Or I don't understand it.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    quote_icon.png
    Originally Posted by Snapdragon
    The rep system doesn't mean anything [strike]as long as there are rep pyramid threads. [/strike] PERIOD

It means something to me. I appreciate knowing when I have made a positive contribution to this forum, and when I think someone else has, I let them know also.

eric001

Vaguely well-known member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 3, 2011
    Indianapolis
    I'll admit that not every one of my posts has been deeply thoughtful or awesome in scope or anything. Probably a fair number of sarcastic comments buried in there to be honest. And I refuse to play with rep pyramids--all the rep I had before the purge and what little I've gotten afterwards came from what I consider to be legitimately thoughtful posts, which is the way I want to keep it. I don't have a huge number of posts, and that's because when I feel like when something has already been said and I have nothing to add, I don't throw more posts into the thread just to run up my count.

On the other hand, being able to compliment someone with something other than "zero" points added was something I appreciated before and would like to have again.

Top Bottom