• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Lpherr

Occupied
    We had a 5 lb. pack of bacon that we needed to get used, so the Mrs. cooked it up and has been adding it to things we normally wouldn't put it in.

She made grilled cheese with bacon in it yesterday, and it was pretty tasty.
    Today she put bacon crumbles in the spaghetti sauce. Now that was... uhm... dayum.
    Has anyone tried bacon in spaghetti? I think that's going to become a normal thing.

List your unconventional additions of bacon.

cg21

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    We had a 5 lb. pack of bacon that we needed to get used, so the Mrs. cooked it up and has been adding it to things we normally wouldn't put it in.

Today she put bacon crumbles in the spaghetti sauce. Now that was... uhm... dayum.
    Has anyone tried bacon in spaghetti? I think that's going to become a normal thing.

German spaghetti. You’re welcome.
    #1 noodles
    #1 bacon
    1 onion diced
    2 cans tomato soup
    Cook all and mix.

Lpherr

Occupied
    German spaghetti. You’re welcome.
    #1 noodles
    #1 bacon
    1 onion diced
    2 cans tomato soup
    Cook all and mix.
    Never heard of it, but looked it up.

Now... that creamy style sounds interesting.
    Thanks for the heads up.:thumbsup:

Lpherr

Occupied
    You mean Pasta Carbonara?

Bacon makes everything better.

Crumble some over chocolate ice cream and thank me later.
    That doesn't even have a sauce. At least not something one would consider a sauce.
    But now you have my attention.
    Why have I never heard of these dishes? Pasta Carbonara is definitely on the menu.

oze

Mow Ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 26, 2018
    Fort Wayne
    If you can make yourself put some away, cooked bacon freezes very well. Reheating is a minute from freezer to plate.

Before all of you purists start complaining about ų-waved bacon, this is just reheating it. And who wants to get out the cast iron skillet and create a greasy mess when ya get a hankerin' for bacon at 1 AM?

wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Off the Grid In Tennessee
    If you can make yourself put some away, cooked bacon freezes very well. Reheating is a minute from freezer to plate.

Before all of you purists start complaining about ų-waved bacon, this is just reheating it. And who wants to get out the cast iron skillet and create a greasy mess when ya get a hankerin' for bacon at 1 AM?
    Seriously Radiation therapy for your bacon.

two70

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Feb 5, 2016
    Johnson

The microwave is a better way to cook bacon from the start. A skillet, cast iron or otherwise, is pretty much the worst way to cook bacon.

cg21

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    The microwave is a better way to cook bacon from the start. A skillet, cast iron or otherwise, is pretty much the worst way to cook bacon.
    Wrong. :laugh:

The BEST way to cook bacon is over an open fire in cast iron. I believe the ambience has a profound effect on the taste buds though.

taking environmental factors out of the equation the absolute BEST way to cook bacon is in the air fryer.

two70

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Feb 5, 2016
    Johnson
    Wrong. :laugh:

The BEST way to cook bacon is over an open fire in cast iron. I believe the ambience has a profound effect on the taste buds though.

taking environmental factors out of the equation the absolute BEST way to cook bacon is in the air fryer.
    I haven't tried bacon in an air fryer yet. While an open fire certainly adds to the ambience, I'm not a fan of burnt or half raw bacon so the skillet is out.

cg21

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    I haven't tried bacon in an air fryer yet. While an open fire certainly adds to the ambience, I'm not a fan of burnt or half raw bacon so the skillet is out.
    Practice you will get better at it or you won’t, but atleast you will be camping

hooky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 4, 2011
    Central Indiana
    That doesn't even have a sauce. At least not something one would consider a sauce.
    But now you have my attention.
    Why have I never heard of these dishes? Pasta Carbonara is definitely on the menu.
    One of my favorites.

Wife makes homemade cinnamon rolls and uses bacon instead of pecans.

Bacon pancakes, just put a strip of crisp bacon in the pan and pour your batter over it.

Bacon and Brussel Sprouts
    Corn salad with bacon and tomatoes
    Mac n cheese with bacon lardons
    Bacon n onion jam

My personal favorite, The Fatty AKA The Grabber. So many options with this one. Ground meat formed flat, fixins in the middle, rolled and then surrounded by a bacon lattice.

Qhoxg3j.jpg

F6bmmj6.jpg

CindyE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    north/central IN

i love bacon grilled cheese! How about loaded potatoes or twice baked? Irish nachos. chili, cowboy beans...

Top Bottom