• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 308jake

Master
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Feb 5, 2010
    Brownsburg
    Today is my 11 year anniversary, and Monday it's all over. So the question is, do I call and wish her a happy anniversary or not? By the way, she's getting married again this month to my neighbor and is expecting as well. What is the etiquette for a situation like this?

IndySSD

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 14, 2010
    Wherever I can CC le
    Today is my 11 year anniversary, and Monday it's all over. So the question is, do I call and wish her a happy anniversary or not? By the way, she's getting married again this month to my neighbor and is expecting as well. What is the etiquette for a situation like this?

Holy crap Jake... sorry to hear that... you're in a real boner of a situation for sure.

If there's no kids involved I'd say it's time to GTFO and relocate, maybe rent out your existing place to some real "problem people" if you can't sell it....:dunno:

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    I dealt with this several years back. I'm now married to a woman who is better than anything I could have ever hoped for. I have noticed that from about 32 to 36 are some really crazy years for some women. She will one day regret her decision, guaranteed. Just remember that for every door that closes, many many more open. I'll be out for a few hours tonight, but you are welcome to PM me if you need to unload.:yesway:

slimplmbr

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Jan 27, 2010
    Greenfield
    Call her up buddy wish her a Happy Anniversary. I'm positive she would be glad to hear from you. Heck just go across the street and tell her. Be sure to get a picture if her face when you tell her,it'll be priceless.

sgreen3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    Scottsburg,In
    As funny as it would be to tell her. Just let it go my friend, move on an put that part of your life in the past. Thats what i did after my devorce made the transition to single life a little easier. Good luck bud

fullauto 45

Master
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   1
    Dec 27, 2008
    SE Indy
    I'm friends with both my ex's on Facebook. I tell them every year the dates roll around and then I post a pic of one of the girls I know now. Usually the skinny blonde in a bikini. I have no kids, but they both have kids now.

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    Maybe I read it wrong, but the way you worded it sounds like the divorce will be finalized on Monday?

And she is expecting?

IIRC, Indiana law says that you cannot get a divorce when the woman is expecting... maybe it's not all over Monday???

308jake

Master
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Feb 5, 2010
    Brownsburg
    Maybe I read it wrong, but the way you worded it sounds like the divorce will be finalized on Monday?

And she is expecting?

IIRC, Indiana law says that you cannot get a divorce when the woman is expecting... maybe it's not all over Monday???

That's true if she doesn't sign off on it because it's not mine. We haven't "been together" for a year today.

85t5mcss

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Zionsville-NW Indy
    Dude, that sucks. I'm on my 2nd still. But, just let it go. I know it would be funny as hell, but no since in making an enemy. Don't need to be friends, either. It will all be over soon.

chachi73

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 7, 2009
    west burbs
    let it go and be the bigger person....then go out and find some hottie to "be together" with. ;)

You'll feel much better about yourself if you don't go over there.

I'm assuming (hoping) you have no feelings for her anymore, but the context of your post is unclear to me. I wish you luck in moving on to someone who will respect you and the relationship. I feel for you bro. take care.

mcolford

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 8, 2010
    let it go and be the bigger person....then go out and find some hottie to "be together" with. ;)

You'll feel much better about yourself if you don't go over there.

I'm assuming (hoping) you have no feelings for her anymore, but the context of your post is unclear to me. I wish you luck in moving on to someone who will respect you and the relationship. I feel for you bro. take care.

This! Its part of the "healing process." You will find another "relationship" down the road, but you gotta get out and get to know what it is exactly you are looking for. Chin up, dont call the ex, get a few friends together, go meet some girls, and move on with life. Thats at least my advice.

-MColford

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    You should make her something real nice to celebrate your anniversary.

Go take a crap in the neighbor's yard tonight. ;)

Top Bottom