• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    Any time you hear this kind of coordinated message coming out of Republicans, it's coming from their consultants and paid campaign strategists.

Republicans think they're all set to run the table in the mid-terms by being seen as the party of law-and-order, so "Beltway Logic" is that you'll mess it up if you're seen criticizing any kind of law enforcement right now. Their campaign people are telling them "You're gonna win - just don't f*ck it up!"

It is fear. Republicans care more about re-election than being right.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    What a rino. What an embarrassment.

I quoted the entirety of what he said and posted a link in this post. Basically go after Garland not the rank and file.

I concur. He has either been compromised or was never what he claimed to be to begin with.
    See above. To put it on a more local perspective if Chief Taylor was up to some shady :poop: and a local Rep or Sen said to go after him and not start screaming defund the IMPD and don't go blaming Frank_N_Stein would you feel the same?

Reactions: oze

thompal

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 27, 2008
    Beech Grove
    I think Pence is just trying to get politics back to where we're talking about issues and a vision for the future, but he knows that if everyone makes it solely about Trump, Republicans will never win big.

I thought Trump's first campaign was great. He talked about issues that affect everyone, and seemed to offer solutions. I agreed with nearly everything he said he would do. His second campaign, he talked only about himself, and seemed to have some loyalty test he wanted everyone to pass. There was no real talk about what his plans were for a second term.

Trump seems to endorse only candidates that pass his loyalty test, and rarely even mentions what those candidates are promising to do, other than support Trump.

I rather suspect that Trump lost Pence's support when Trump urged the crowd to go after Pence. I can see how that would be a little unsettling.

I rather enjoy having an agent of chaos in office, if for no reason other than it drives the libs crazy. But I'd really like if he'd also accomplish what he promised.

As for going after low-level FBI agents, it's a stupid idea. It will only allow the current Dems to pass laws which they crave.

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    I think Pence is just trying to get politics back to where we're talking about issues and a vision for the future, but he knows that if everyone makes it solely about Trump, Republicans will never win big.

I thought Trump's first campaign was great. He talked about issues that affect everyone, and seemed to offer solutions. I agreed with nearly everything he said he would do. His second campaign, he talked only about himself, and seemed to have some loyalty test he wanted everyone to pass. There was no real talk about what his plans were for a second term.

Trump seems to endorse only candidates that pass his loyalty test, and rarely even mentions what those candidates are promising to do, other than support Trump.

I rather suspect that Trump lost Pence's support when Trump urged the crowd to go after Pence. I can see how that would be a little unsettling.

I rather enjoy having an agent of chaos in office, if for no reason other than it drives the libs crazy. But I'd really like if he'd also accomplish what he promised.

As for going after low-level FBI agents, it's a stupid idea. It will only allow the current Dems to pass laws which they crave.
    Are you calling a raid on a previous president low level stuff? Or done by low level agents?

I think for the same reason that we may like an agent of chaos in office, we should appreciate an agent of chaos in the race, stirring up the actual election process. That is exactly what needs stirred up, as opposed to waiting and hoping one gets in. In other words stir it up sooner than later.

I’m pretty sure the tension didn’t start when “Trump urged the crowd to go after Pence”. I saw them as unequally yoked from the very beginning, and hoped Pence could hang on to his “good name” and Trump could get done what he said he would with such a mild mannered, kind VP. It started way before then.

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    I quoted the entirety of what he said and posted a link in this post. Basically go after Garland not the rank and file.

See above. To put it on a more local perspective if Chief Taylor was up to some shady :poop: and a local Rep or Sen said to go after him and not start screaming defund the IMPD and don't go blaming Frank_N_Stein would you feel the same?
    Thanks for the full quote.
    I think it’s political posturing, weaving that line between crazy left and supporting Trump. He uses his words (in your quoted paragraph in the other thread) to end on a rallying note that no one on the right can really disagree with (defunding the police), and equates defunding the police with checking an over bloated central state arm that is being used by those in power to keep their power. He closed peoples eyes, not opened them, trying to get people who might support trump to think that doing so is now defunding the police.

BJHay

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 17, 2019
    Crawfordsville
    If Pence wants to let the FBI off the hook then focus attention on Merrick Garland. In the past the DOJ avoided making politically sensitive moves in the months before an election. He is a life long DOJ hack who admits to holding the warrant for months before executing the raid.

My issue isn't so much that they searched Trump's home (I may change my mind if read the affidavits) but justice wasn't applied equally when Hillary and so many others were given a pass while the Republican is heavily investigated.

Here is a quote from Garland's first speech as AG. Sounds good but it didn't take him long to prove it was all BS.
    “The only way we can succeed and retain the trust of the American people is to adhere to the norms that have become part of the DNA of every Justice Department employee,” he said in his first speech as attorney general. “Those norms require that like cases be treated alike. That there not be one rule for Democrats and another for Republicans, one rule for friends and another for foes, one rule for the powerful and another for the powerless.”

I'd like to see Garland get pounded on this. Thankfully he's not a Supreme court Justice.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I was once a big fan, then my eyes were opened when he caved like a bit$% on the religious objections law, and he's been becoming more bit$% like ever since. Maybe always was, and I just didn't see it.
    Yeah, it was somewhere about this time it became painfully obvious to me too.

oze

Mow Ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 26, 2018
    Fort Wayne

Beat me to it. What's not to agree with here?

Pence said he was "deeply troubled" to learn that a search warrant was executed at Trump's estate but said the party can still hold Attorney General Merrick Garland accountable without attacking the rank-and-file law enforcement personnel at the FBI.

Calls to "defund the FBI" from our side sound just as ridiculous to me as "defund the police" does out of the mouths of the radical left.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom