And they wonder why we don't respect them ...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Duncan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 27, 2010
    South of Indy
    Aurora: $190k seized because brothers were drug suspects - Chicago Breaking News

brothers were drug suspects - $190k seized

County judge ordered the money returned, but the city has refused.

So let me get this right ...
    Not charged with a crime .
    190 K seized . ( RICO Forfeiture I assume )
    The judge the county judge ORDERS the money returned .
    The CITY refuses .
    Is this a euphemistic term for the POLICE refuses to return the money ?
    In any event the CITY / Mayor could order the CPD to return the money .

So let me ask these questions .
    If I see a cop with red lights on and he wants me to pull over and I don't .
    Am I IGNORING A LAWFUL ORDER ?
    If I IGNORE A LAWFUL ORDER will the government takes steps to bring me into compliance ?
    If I resist compliance to it's fullest extent .
    Will they enforce it with the gun ?
    Is a court order a " lawful order " ?
    Would this same situation happen to me if it were a court order ?
    If it were a court order .
    Who would enforce it ?
    The Police / County Sheriff ?
    If I absolutely refused would they ultimately escalate to deadly force ?
    And how long would that take / would they wait to do so ?
    Do police officers swear an oath to up hold ALL the laws ? ( I hear that all the time . )

So the question begs .
    Why are the Police in Chicago not following their oath to enforce the court order and return the money against the will of the Mayor and the " City " with up to and including deadly force ?

I know why .
    Paycheck
    Pension
    Health Insurance .

Now some of you people reading this may get upset .. OK .. Ok not all the people in any organization are bad .

So I ask this question rhetorically .
    If they are not all bad , to say there is one righteous man in this department that values his oath beyond all else .
    Can some one please show him to me ?
    Why is he not enforcing the Judge's will via the court order ?

There was a similar event with a shotgun that happened in Brown County with the Sheriff’s Dept. a couple of years ago .

And they wonder why we don't respect them .
    Thanks
    Duncan

Last edited:

Booya

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Aug 26, 2010
    Fort Fun
    Aurora: $190k seized because brothers were drug suspects - Chicago Breaking News

brothers were drug suspects - $190k seized

County judge ordered the money returned, but the city has refused.

So let me get this right ...
    Not charged with a crime .
    190 K seized . ( RICO Forfeiture I assume )
    The judge the county judge ORDERS the money returned .
    The CITY refuses .
    Is this a euphemistic term for the POLICE refuses to return the money ?
    In any event the CITY / Mayor could order the CPD to return the money .

So let me ask these questions .
    If I see a cop with red lights on and he wants me to pull over and I don't .
    Am I IGNORING A LAWFUL ORDER ?
    If I IGNORE A LAWFUL ORDER will the government takes steps to bring me into compliance ?
    If I resist compliance to it's fullest extent .
    Will they enforce it with the gun ?
    Is a court order a " lawful order " ?
    Would this same situation happen to me if it were a court order ?
    If it were a court order .
    Who would enforce it ?
    The Police / County Sheriff ?
    If I absolutely refused would they ultimately escalate to deadly force ?
    And how long would that take / would they wait to do so ?
    Do police officers swear an oath to up hold ALL the laws ? ( I hear that all the time . )

So the question begs .
    Why are the Police in Chicago not following their oath to enforce the court order and return the money against the will of the Mayor and the " City " with up to and including deadly force ?

I know why .
    Paycheck
    Pension
    Health Insurance .

Now some of you people reading this may get upset .. OK .. Ok not all the people in any organization are bad .

So I ask this question rhetorically .
    If they are not all bad , to say there is one righteous man in this department that values his oath beyond all else .
    Can some one please show him to me ?
    Why is he not enforcing the Judge's will via the court order ?

There was a similar event with a shotgun that happened in Brown County with the Sheriff’s Dept. a couple of years ago .

And they wonder why we don't respect them .
    Thanks
    Duncan

I wouldn't throw the term WE around so lightly. I'll agree something in Aurora is definitely jacked up, but likely at a much higher level then any of the officers most of us would ever deal with, unless your a big time drug dealer or something.

I think your questions are just silly. And I really don't see what your attempting to gain by asking. pretty sure you already know the answer, but if your dying to find out, let me know how that works out for you.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    The only way you will be able to make sense of this is to see how the money is connected and where it goes. In chicago it's all about the money. "Justice" is irrelevant.

Duncan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 27, 2010
    South of Indy
    I wouldn't throw the term WE around so lightly. I'll agree something in Aurora is definitely jacked up, but likely at a much higher level then any of the officers most of us would ever deal with, unless your a big time drug dealer or something.

I think your questions are just silly. And I really don't see what your attempting to gain by asking. pretty sure you already know the answer, but if your dying to find out, let me know how that works out for you.

They're not silly if you believe there is a multi teared judicial system for individuals , corporation , government employees and government entities .

If you don't then they are silly because the outcome of the questions is played out every day in this country and that makes the answers self evident .

I am also pointing out that the Judicial and Executive branches sometimes only enforce things when it fits their desire .

The title of this tread is legitimate .
    When the rules are not enforced by the enforcers even when it is not to their liking .. respect is lost .

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The law perverted! And the police powers of the state perverted along with it! The law, I say, not only turned from its proper purpose but made to follow an entirely contrary purpose! The law become the weapon of every kind of greed! Instead of checking crime, the law itself guilty of the evils it is supposed to punish!

If this is true, it is a serious fact, and moral duty requires me to call the attention of my fellow-citizens to it.

Frederic Bastiat

Thanks
    Duncan

200px-Bastiat.jpg

buckstopshere

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Jan 18, 2010
    Greenwood
    I think your questions are just silly.

Silly? I think the only thing silly about these questions is that they have to be asked.

It's pretty simple: If you are court ordered to do something and you don't, you are arrested. This shouldn't be any different.

Why hasn't the money been returned? My guess is they don't have it anymore. Perhaps they're scrambling to come up with. IDK.

level.eleven

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    Silly? I think the only thing silly about these questions is that they have to be asked.

It's pretty simple: If you are court ordered to do something and you don't, you are arrested. This shouldn't be any different.

Why hasn't the money been returned? My guess is they don't have it anymore. Perhaps they're scrambling to come up with. IDK.

Better yet, how can cops take your money and not even charge you with a crime? Asset forfeiture laws are out of control and unfortunately Indiana is one of the worst states in the country with regards to following the law regarding the distribution of that money. Call the Greg Garrison show sometime and ask him how much cash he has made pocketed from acting in a private capacity while prosecuting forfeiture cases on behalf of the state.

Forfeiture law invites abuse of the system | IndyStar.com | The Indianapolis Star

indyjoe

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 20, 2008
    Indy - South

If that was the case, then they probably already violated other laws re: dealing with evidence from and active investigation. Not sure where the law stands on that.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    So the question begs .

The only way you will be able to make sense of this is to see how the money is connected and where it goes. In chicago it's all about the money. "Justice" is irrelevant.

I agree completely IN CHICAGO IT"S ALL ABOUT DA :draw:MONEY!!!!!!!!!!!!:ar15:

Just to nit-pick. The City of Chicago, IL has NOTHING to do with this. This occurred in the City of Aurora, IL (Aurora, Illinois - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia; 2nd largest city behind Chicago in IL). Auroa is in the same region as chicago & both are considered part of the "chicagoland metropolitan area" but they are two seperate governing bodies.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    I thought this was a story about Aurora, IL, not Chicago, IL? What does Chicago have to do with it? Anyway, there is too much going on here and not enough information to make an intelligent argument for either side. If there are no charges, yes, the money should be turned over, but there may be extenuating circumstances causing them to hold on to the money/evidence and the city can care less about a slap on the wrist by a municipal judge.

Duncan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 27, 2010
    South of Indy
    I thought this was a story about Aurora, IL, not Chicago, IL? What does Chicago have to do with it? Anyway, there is too much going on here and not enough information to make an intelligent argument for either side. If there are no charges, yes, the money should be turned over, but there may be extenuating circumstances causing them to hold on to the money/evidence and the city can care less about a slap on the wrist by a municipal judge.

If the article is correct .
    I think there is plenty of information here to make a decision .
    If there is a court order then the police department and Police Chief in particular are in violation .. you and I would be .
    How may guys get racked up on past due child support .
    Thsnkd
    Duncan

level.eleven

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2009

The court ordered the money be returned. What else needs to be known? :dunno:

Compatriot G

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2010
    New Castle
    And this is why the "War on Drugs" will never end. The government makes too much money from it. Imagine what would happen if all drugs were made legal? You would need to disband an entire federal law enforcement agency(DEA). You wouldn't have to worry about prison overcrowding, so new prisons wouldn't get built. Would you need as many police officers, prosecutors and judges if drugs were legalized? The police wouldn't need all of their neat toys to break down the doors of suspected drug dealers. The drug violence along the border would probably go down because even though the Mexican cartels are powerful, they probably can't compete with companies like Phillip Morris, RJ Reynolds and Eli Lilly. And finally, politicians would have to come up with new slogans to get elected.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    And this is why the "War on Drugs" will never end. The government makes too much money from it. Imagine what would happen if all drugs were made legal? You would need to disband an entire federal law enforcement agency(DEA). You wouldn't have to worry about prison overcrowding, so new prisons wouldn't get built. Would you need as many police officers, prosecutors and judges if drugs were legalized? The police wouldn't need all of their neat toys to break down the doors of suspected drug dealers. The drug violence along the border would probably go down because even though the Mexican cartels are powerful, they probably can't compete with companies like Phillip Morris, RJ Reynolds and Eli Lilly. And finally, politicians would have to come up with new slogans to get elected.
    :yesway: :yesway: :yesway: :yesway: :yesway:

UncleMike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    NE area of IN
    FINALLY!!!
    The ultimate answer to all of the ills of our Society.
    Legalize drugs!
    Why didn't anyone think of this before??

After you come down from whatever you're smoking/drinking/shooting/snorting, tonight you might mention this revelation to the Lawmakers.
    I'm sure they will give your brilliant idea all of the consideration that it deserves.
    While you're at it why not mention legalizing murder, rape, arson, and all of the other "inconvenient" laws that get in the way of some peoples personal wants and freedoms.
    The ACLU will likely declare you a hero. :n00b:

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    FINALLY!!!
    The ultimate answer to all of the ills of our Society.
    Legalize drugs!
    Why didn't anyone think of this before??

After you come down from whatever you're smoking/drinking/shooting/snorting, tonight you might mention this revelation to the Lawmakers.
    I'm sure they will give your brilliant idea all of the consideration that it deserves.
    While you're at it why not mention legalizing murder, rape, arson, and all of the other "inconvenient" laws that get in the way of some peoples personal wants and freedoms.
    The ACLU will likely declare you a hero. :n00b:

Ya, cause smokin a doob is just like rape and murder, man.

Top Bottom