And our privacy continues to be eroded...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    That was also the first place I remember reading anything about it.

I also have to admit not even knowing what a sim card is in a phone.;)

It's a little card you pop in the phone when it's activated that tells it what carrier network to connect to, what it's phone number is, that sort of thing. If you want to change carriers, you swap the card out and now it will answer to that new phone number, connect to that carrier's network, etc. Say you travel to Europe 10 years ago, you can take your phone, buy a tourist sim at the airport, and have a local number and coverage for a week until the sim expires. Some phones are 'dual sim', so you could have two accounts on the same phone. Say you want a work account and a personal account but don't want to carry two phones, you can do that then mute the work account on weekends. Now people tend to do that with software and things like Google numbers, but dual sim remains an option.

eSims are the newest thing, no physical SIM at all, and that's what the industry is going towards. There's no card swapping, it just gets reprogrammed, and can hold multiple accounts at the same time.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    It's a little card you pop in the phone when it's activated that tells it what carrier network to connect to, what it's phone number is, that sort of thing. If you want to change carriers, you swap the card out and now it will answer to that new phone number, connect to that carrier's network, etc. Say you travel to Europe 10 years ago, you can take your phone, buy a tourist sim at the airport, and have a local number and coverage for a week until the sim expires. Some phones are 'dual sim', so you could have two accounts on the same phone. Say you want a work account and a personal account but don't want to carry two phones, you can do that then mute the work account on weekends. Now people tend to do that with software and things like Google numbers, but dual sim remains an option.

eSims are the newest thing, no physical SIM at all, and that's what the industry is going towards. There's no card swapping, it just gets reprogrammed, and can hold multiple accounts at the same time.

Learn something new every day, thanks.

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    The

yeah the iphail I have uses the eSim.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    My sons now tell me I just need the hat to go with my beard.;)

beardoholic.com_.png

Last edited:
    Top Bottom