• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    What is the point of posting “and nothing will happen” when members post political news items?

If there is never a first step, there can never be a journey.

It sounds defeatist and like the left has completely demoralized people?

What are you doing to make it happen? Do all your reps know you are America First? They get by with this crap because good people do not make it happen. I get that we all do not do the same things, but we each must do our part to make it happen.

Work everyday to make it happen. Treat it as important as it is.

MAKE IT HAPPEN…

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 9, 2022
    Bloomington
    Nothing will happen until people get fed up and frustrated enough. In order for that to happen, people need to realize what's really going on.

Saying “and nothing will happen” helps reiterate the current reality that our political leaders are living a life utterly free of consequence for their evil actions. Helping this reality sink in for those who don't yet recognize it is an important first step towards getting people to be willing to take action.

I doubt the people saying "and nothing will happen" are sitting on their bottoms doing nothing. Once you fully recognize the reality that our current political system is set up only to benefit the ruling class at the expense of the common man, that's when you really start getting serious about making a change.

indyblue

Guns & Pool Shooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 13, 2013
    Indy Northside `O=o-
    What are you doing to make it happen? Do all your reps know you are America First? They

I do what I can. But many of us are simply very busy trying to keep our heads above water dealing with family, job, health, finances, etc. and they're making it harder every passing day.

I'm not very good at getting my point across in writing, so I rely heavily on the sharp minds on this forum (like KiA and others) for the templates to correspond with our elected offices.

bmbutch

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Southern Indiana
    Smoking gun, this is it, accountability has arrived….
    Just blah blah blah, all a big nothing burger.
    I don’t know if it’s because we just don’t really care, we don’t know what to do, or have just given up on anything but posting “We the people are fed up”…but we obviously are not.

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 9, 2022
    Bloomington
    Smoking gun, this is it, accountability has arrived….
    Just blah blah blah, all a big nothing burger.
    ^^^This exactly.

Saying "and nothing will happen" is a refutation of the game of lies that the political class always plays. Just like bmbutch said, they put on a constant show, promising us that this time they're doing something about it, this time heads are really going to roll, this time they're really, honestly, for real going to hold someone accountable.

Most of America gets caught up in this game, the only difference being which side of the aisle they're on. If things are ever going to change, we need people to realize that the whole game is fake, and 99% of politicians on both sides of the aisle are doing nothing but keeping themselves fat, happy, and rich at our expense.

rhamersley

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2016
    Danville
    ^^^This exactly.

Saying "and nothing will happen" is a refutation of the game of lies that the political class always plays. Just like bmbutch said, they put on a constant show, promising us that this time they're doing something about it, this time heads are really going to roll, this time they're really, honestly, for real going to hold someone accountable.

Most of America gets caught up in this game, the only difference being which side of the aisle they're on. If things are ever going to change, we need people to realize that the whole game is fake, and 99% of politicians on both sides of the aisle are doing nothing but keeping themselves fat, happy, and rich at our expense.
    Linda Graham will send a strongly worded letter...

76Too

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Dec 9, 2019
    Just Passing Through
    What is the point of posting “and nothing will happen” when members post political news items?

If there is never a first step, there can never be a journey.

It sounds defeatist and like the left has completely demoralized people?

What are you doing to make it happen? Do all your reps know you are America First? They get by with this crap because good people do not make it happen. I get that we all do not do the same things, but we each must do our part to make it happen.

Work everyday to make it happen. Treat it as important as it is.

MAKE IT HAPPEN…
    I expect my elected officials to know exactly what and how I want done all of the things and they should already have bills filed to address these issues.

Sorry, I don’t know how to make text purple.

planedriver

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 20, 2009
    gone
    Just my :twocents:. The first step is to work on getting groups put to get heat for a stronger voice and group support and motivation. It’s really hard to wonder if yours is the only voice out there.

Another issue that might better handled by a group is the targeting and silencing of “that one voice” who is shedding light on the cockroaches. I admit that I sometimes wait quietly in the shadows for fear of becoming a government project as many innocent people before me have.

Although prepared for martyrdom I prefer to delay it.

indyblue

Guns & Pool Shooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 13, 2013
    Indy Northside `O=o-
    Yes, but I can’t be bothered with that. I have to work 50 hours a week to pay for state funded welfare checks for illegal immigrants.
    Fair enough, but my point is that politicians run on platforms and make campaign promises that if/when they get elected should be a clue what their constituents generally want them to get done. If they don't end up doing those things then it is up to we, the constituents to give them a push and remind them what they're supposed to be doing.

76Too

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Dec 9, 2019
    Just Passing Through
    Fair enough, but my point is that politicians run on platforms and make campaign promises that if/when they get elected should be a clue what their constituents generally want them to get done. If they don't end up doing those things then it is up to we, the constituents to give them a push and remind them what they're supposed to be doing.
    I’m sorry @indyblue …both of my posts were intended as sarcasm. I don’t know how to make my text purple like the cool INGO kids.

Brimaster

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 24, 2010
    Lake County / Eagle
    I contacted all my reps that cover my district/area with my concerns for the 2nd A, if there would be any discussion on people like myself that was discriminated because I did not get the shot and a few other things and also filled out their survey questions as well. The response I got was crickets from every single one of them.
    I thought possibly had hope with Braun as he had a representative from his office at a NRA meeting a month or so and was handing out a flyer on his stand and support of the 2nd A. Sent a thank you message for supporting the 2nd A and like before got nothing back.

So honestly they all say one thing but when it comes to rubber to the road and a non election year they give a crap and nothing with happen. If you push and be like some of the others on the left and protest and such then you labeled as a domestic terrorist.
    Seems that you have to be willing to stand alone and fight in smaller ways that probably does nothing but you know and feel you are doing the right thing anyway.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    I was cleaning out my sent mail folder and could not believe how many emails I sent to our various reps (state and federal) over the last 10 years. Most of it got a later response by passed favorable legislation at the state level, but at the federal level not much changed, if anything, and with the current anti-American regime it will only get worse.

And when it comes to the federal level "nothing will happen" only applies to setting the record straight, holding those accountable to the legal consequences, and returning the rights back to we the people. Doesn't seem like anything will happen, but...

For the first time in recent memory we have republicans in federal office that are standing up to the democrat systematic destruction of our life. It used to be - Democrat: What is mine is mine and what is yours is negotiable. Republicans: Ok. Finally it seems some republicans have grown spines.

indyblue

Guns & Pool Shooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 13, 2013
    Indy Northside `O=o-
    I’m sorry @indyblue …both of my posts were intended as sarcasm. I don’t know how to make my text purple like the cool INGO kids.
    That’s OK, things go over my head all the time.

But for future reference, highlight your text, then click the little artist palette icon in the formatting toolbar and select your color.

Top Bottom