• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Clif45

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 9, 2009
    Lake Station
    I am working on a report for carry on campus and looking up info on previous shootings and campus related crimes, and I came across this site. Its not that good fo a site, but it has an interesting view, especially with its big gun control stance.

In the end, Cho easily purchased two deadly weapons. And let’s be real – handguns are lethal and they have only one purpose – to kill human beings, quickly and efficiently and in large numbers.

I do believe handguns are lethal, any firearm is, but I do NOT believe their only intention is to kill people, efficiently and in large numbers.

Any others share this same opinion?

Any others have any good sources for carry on campus support, and disagreement, besides the frequent post on campus carry?

XMil

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2009
    Columbus
    I believe the veteran who was recently in a standoff with police, in the apartments right next to IUPUI's campus, had been car-jacked on campus. There may be some good data there, if you care to look into it.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    I agree that handguns are lethal.

I agree that ONE of their purposes is to kill human beings, quickly and efficiently. If they didn't, I would find a weapon that would and carry that instead. (it can obviously be argued that handguns aren't even that quick, nor efficient, especially when compared to a rifle)

They also have OTHER legitimate purposes.

I disagree that they are for killing large numbers of people.

Clif45

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 9, 2009
    Lake Station
    (it can obviously be argued that handguns aren't even that quick, nor efficient, especially when compared to a rifle)

That is what I meant in my OP. I wouldn't consider a handgun efficient or quick for killing people, but as a good way to defend yourself quickly and efficiently, whether the trigger is pulled or not.

msmith103

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 17, 2008
    Hendricks County
    I agree that handguns are lethal.

I agree that ONE of their purposes is to kill human beings, quickly and efficiently. If they didn't, I would find a weapon that would and carry that instead. (it can obviously be argued that handguns aren't even that quick, nor efficient, especially when compared to a rifle)

They also have OTHER legitimate purposes.

I disagree that they are for killing large numbers of people.

I agree with esrice here. You would be amazed at the number of Criminology Students on my campus who feel that Guns are a terrible thing. The liberalness from some of the students in my classes is flat amazing. They feel that only officers should be armed and that civillians should not be aloud to cary guns because thats what the police are for... I am sorry but I would rather have the tools to defend myself than have to wait minutes for an officer to show up or for someone to bring the bag to take me away because I was left helpless... I am 22 years old and have already had a break in experience that scared the living poo out of me... Don't get me wrong, being a good witness is a great thing, but when you are the only witness and the bad guy knows this, chances are its lights out for you.

Just my :twocents:.
    :patriot:

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    I've been able to come up with five general reasons for why individuals have guns:

-Hunting
    -Sport/fun (skeet, plinking, etc)
    -Self Defense
    -Collecting (military and historical)
    -Crime (armed robbery, murder, etc)

People can use their guns for any/all combinations of these reasons. Now, given this list, ask the person who thinks that all guns are bad which of the first four reasons they feel they have the moral right to deny... Then ask them if the gun is the problem in the fifth case or the people...

Last edited:

groovatron

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 9, 2009
    calumet township
    Making drugs illegal doesn't keep criminals from pushing them, just like making guns illegal wouldn't keep criminals from using them. In fact in both cases, restricting the average "law-abiding Joe" from their rightful freedoms, only increases the advantage for the bad guy. It's kind of scary how the "war on drugs" and the "war on guns" are so similar. Some people just want to blame bad behavior on material things. It all comes down to "personal responsibility." Eventually the masses will wake up.....hopefully it will be before the system is beyond repair.......Good luck with your report. It's a good thing you are doing!

WoG

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 8, 2009
    Plainfield
    I've been able to come up with five general reasons for why individuals have guns:

-Hunting
    -Sport/fun (skeet, plinking, etc)
    -Self Defense
    -Collecting (military and historical)
    -Crime (armed robbery, murder, etc)

People can use their guns for any/all combinations of these reasons. Now, given this list, ask the person who thinks that all guns are bad which of the first four reasons they feel they have the moral right to deny... Then ask them if the gun is the problem in the fifth case or the people...

Plus the old 2nd amendment thing, which regardless of what people think nowadays made the spirit of the amendment (among other things) to deter undemocratic government:patriot:, and to facilitate a natural right of self-defense.

Naturally, those in government have been trying to chip away at the meaning of this amendment for decades, lest they been found undemocratic and have a rebellion on their hands. What better way to quell that then neuter the publics' ability to rebel?

Oh dear Lord, a rant is forming- I'd better shut up.

Top Bottom