• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hammerhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2010
    Bartholomew County
    I'm standing in wally world (Columbus, east side) having just bought two boxes of 9mm hollowpoints. Guy behind counter says no limits on buying now, except for .22 long and shorts. They had several boxes (between 5 and 10) of both hollowpoint and FMJ Federal. The rest of the case was a bit bare still, but he said that it's been stocked regularly and just happens to be low right now. Apparently Franklin WM had much more.

I'm just surprised to find hollowpoints on the shelf.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    I noticed the new sign @ the Rochester Wal-Mart Wednesday night......only after I had bought 2 100 rd Federal 9mm for $24. So I bought 2 more.

Draftysbrother

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2014
    Shelbyville
    I have the misfortune of being in New Jersey right now and the Walmart's here don't carry guns or ammo. To buy ammo you have to have a New Jersey Firearms ID card.

2C:58-3.3. "Handgun ammunition" defined; sale, purchase, etc., regulated; violation, fourth degree crime.
    b. No person shall sell, give, transfer, assign or otherwise dispose of, or receive, purchase, or otherwise acquire handgun ammunition unless the purchaser, assignee, donee, receiver or holder is licensed as a manufacturer, wholesaler, or dealer under this chapter or is the holder of and possesses a valid firearms purchaser identification card, a valid copy of a permit to purchase a handgun, or a valid permit to carry a handgun and first exhibits such card or permit to the seller, donor, transferor or assignor.

LarryC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 18, 2012
    Frankfort
    So they have restrictions on shorts and longs but not long rifle?

Hmmmm

Serious question? I am confident the salesclerk was referring to any standard 22 Caliber ammo. As far as I recall, I can't remember any Wallyworlds ever carrying 22 longs. In fact I haven't seen any offered at GS's except for "antique" ammo for a few years. The only standard ammo for 22's I have seen is 22 shorts, 22 Long Rifle and some 22 long rifle shot shells.

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    Serious question? I am confident the salesclerk was referring to any standard 22 Caliber ammo. As far as I recall, I can't remember any Wallyworlds ever carrying 22 longs. In fact I haven't seen any offered at GS's except for "antique" ammo for a few years. The only standard ammo for 22's I have seen is 22 shorts, 22 Long Rifle and some 22 long rifle shot shells.

Far from serious question. I don't even go into wal mart hell anymore

I was just making a comment on 22 ammo in general, that there are shorts, longs, and long rifles; and that not all 22 ammo is created equal.

As for the 22 longs, CCI and Remington still make it. Don't know if wal mart ever carried it, don't really care either. Just making a 22 joke I suppose

Frosty

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    Greencastle
    Greencastle WM has several boxes of .45 federal and a few 100 round boxes of American eagle. WWB and federal .40, and 9mm. I didn't see any .22,

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    We scored 4 count them 4 BRICKS of 22 LR at the Franklin Wal Mart yesterday afternoon.:p Ammo is definitely coming back, they even had some 44 mag hydrashocks or equivalent. I've had the opportunity to be in several Wal Marts over the past two weeks and they are all definitely looking better on ammo than they have in the past 2 years.

BigRed3588

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 4, 2013
    Boynton Beach
    I may be behind in this info but I'm assuming WM gets ther ammo shipments in on Sunday mornings???? I would be closest to Plainfield and Avon WM.....

Plainfield walmart usually has a decent amount of ammo in stock. They've been low on 9mm lately but they've had all the .40 and .45 that I've wanted.

Top Bottom