• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tmanbuddyy

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 28, 2012
    I believe we will experience scarcity of many other things sometime in our future. Does anyone believe that the complainers will have learned anything by this time?

The same people that have no 22lr/9mm/45acp/223/whatever - are the very same people that have zero contingency for lack of food, water, shelter and fuel.

These people will either complain loudly to no one that is listening, or they will try to take from those that have planned a little.

There is no excuse to not have _________.

true

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    So if you do it and then stop, you are always going to be doing it. NAME CALLING I am saying.

Go back further than that and see where I was trying to simply state my case. Then see what your replies consisted of... then tell me how we're different? Note you next referred to me by a name not mine since this has come to symbolize some inside joke. That isn't name calling?

Like I said, when yo are able to discuss things like an adult, I will discuss them with you. Until then it is sort of fun to see you get all POed at me for calling you names. Especially since you can have at me all you want and I'm merely going to ignore you at this point. Not quitting. you just make fun of that too. It's also sort of last its impact. :):

Until then keep on quoting me out of context and make fun of me. Do you even know what quoting out of context means?

When all of what I said in there where you are apparently unable to read, then you can argue who said it first and make it seem you did somehow and that I am still a dummy.

Until then my typing is bad enough for you to be able to make fun of my typos.

I never said share or regulate anything. It is sad the current stare of schools seems to show through with your combined abilities to read what is in front of you.

FYI: I learned how to prepare long ago, doesn't mean I'm not going to be willing to help NEW people out of the jam they now find themselves in seeing how they are new and it's hard to prepare for what you didn't know you were needing to prepare for due to not having a gun until now. Or should they have first bough a good supp[ly of ammo for their first gun ever? Wondering how many of you bought a lot of ammo for your first firearm then the gun just in case of a panic? There is no excuse for their not being a panic then either.

Last edited:

Max Volume

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 26, 2008
    da region Highland
    images

Max Volume

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 26, 2008
    da region Highland
    Yes, the Max cave........oops, I shouldn't post a pic of my home. But I shall continue being my smart a$$ self cuz I can never resist. :D

images
    Oh, and that wasn't directed at any one particular person. Just the whole *****in' sitiation of the current sitiation.

Last edited:

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    I have started collecting ammo over the last two months and have been blessed to have paid no more than .28 a round for 9mm, 380 & 40 S&W. Several bricks of 22LR for $21 each. I prefer the term collector over hoarder. just sain :):

Kimber-gal

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2013
    I honestly thought there was going to be no way we would re-elect that man. Boy, did I over estimate the electorate. Of course we were admonished for distrusting him since he did all those pro-gun things in his first term and there was no evidence he would lead the all-out assault we're now seeing.

But Indiana seemed to vote a different path. Just got cut off in the finish!:twocents::hooked::hooked:

Harry

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 15, 2010
    Quote: "Nothing lasts; not fame, fortune, beauty, love, power, youth, or life itself. Scarcity rules. Accordingly, scarcity--or more accurately, the perception of scarcity--spells opportunity for manipulators". - Raymond Learsy -- "Over Barrel" (2005)

yournamehere

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2013
    That's not what he said but you know that, your just stirring the pot. Not sure why this is needed and not picking on just you.

I am not sure why we are all just yanking chains instead of actually debating. Or is the following method really how you debate?

I say something, you make fun of me personally. You say something, someone actually tries to respond to your point, you make fun of them personally.

Notice what's missing, your actual point or points or is making fun of people your point?

This seems to me like an odd way to welcome new folks to the sport. Make fun of what they lack because they are new to all of this and therefore had no idea they would need ammo a year ago.

No doubt this post will have fall out but I have very thick skin so do your worst.

There is also another way people might not be "Prepared" as I guess people are calling it. Not everyone drops a box of amo in the cart every time they're on the store. There are many reason for that too. How about lids & a wife who need to eat and maybe they're getting by OK but no real luxury? So this guy or gal will buy the ammo they need for a range trip and probably keep a box for carry/home/SD/HD or whatever and this is the best they can do if they want to enjoy shooting. So now this i cause to make fun of him because he/she hasn't the money to stock up. There are more reasons but face it, you can think them up too. It's just more fun to make them feel bad.
    I really dont care what kind of excuses you make. I feel bad for young folks who are just getting into the sports and didnt have the time or money to get stocked up. I feel some sympathy for those who would have bought more but cant afford it. Get a better job. Different subject.
    BUT I have no symathy for those who are old enough to know better. The ones who have money for a new car, new TV, nice vaccation etc but were short sighted and didnt prepare. I have always kept a bigger than most folks stock pile of 223, 45, 9mm mainly and a few K of 22 that I dont really shoot that much. Plus all the reloading supplies for the centerfire rounds I use for competition. I even try to keep a few hundred 12 gauge shells of shot, slugs and a couple hundred #1 Buckshot for home defense. And that does not include the premium defense handgun ammo of a couple hundred per calibre. Im actually under 6K of loaded 223 which is about half of what I have usually had on hand for the last decade or so. Guys used to snicker at me when I bought a half dozen crates of the Guatamalen surplus. Not now. I have had guys ask me if they can buy some and for a few I know I have sold a thousand or so at about 50 cents a round.
    SO you can take your :soapbox: and your pious indignation to someone

who cares. Its not personal its reality. Its the side effects of the current mindset of entitlement. Do you hold it against those who plan to retire and save money in a 401K vs those who never save anything? Kind of the same principal. I need to save MORE in my 401K but the way its going I think bammy people will be tapping into that soon anyway.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    I think I just got lucky that I had ammo during the shortage. I didn't really intentionally stockpile but would just pick up ammo here and there and add it to the can. Everytime I went into Gander I would pick up a box or two of the federal 100 packs when they had them for 29.99 and then even at 39.99 but stopped when they went up to 49.99. By that time though I had a full ammo can. Same with 9 and .45. Every trip to walmart I would pick up some wwb 100 packs (or the federal which I like better) when they were around 20.00 and 30.00 respectively. I also picked up a 500 round case of .45 at some past 1500. Now I have a full can of .45 and don't even know how many 9mm's I have but the panic even has me looking for ammo :dunno: With the indoor range in Greenfield now I am shooting a lot more.

swampdonkey

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 21, 2012
    Bloomington
    I don't think it's hoarding! I think it is safe to keep large amounts of ammo so when this happens again you will not have to pay these prices if you want to shoot!

Litlratt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 17, 2009
    Terre Haute
    Bullets, at a time of no money, is better than money, at a time of no bullets.

Purchasing ammo/components is merely exchanging one type of currency for another. Provided that you purchased under normal circumstances, that value is much less likely to decrease compared to the dollar that you purchased it with.

IMO, I find it very difficult to criticize someone who did nothing more than prepare for the inevitable.

Top Bottom