Americans are the most ungrateful people on God's green Earth.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    Perhaps I forgot to apply purple.
    giphy.gif

Reactions: KG1

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    Post 1: Americans really should be more grateful for what they have.

Way under 50 posts later: Biden stole the election with voter fraud.

Um....yeah.
    I don't think biden stole the election. That imbecile could not skate a tab in a busy tavern. He was given the position in a crooked deal. The powers that did that are not appearing on the conan show. THAT is the enemy.

The top 25 people that are disassembling our nation could not have gotten to their positions under their own power.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I started to read this, "ah, a thoughtful introspection of Amercan life."

It was going so good..

...and then it just turns into yet another, " liberals are evil" thread. (As if there's dearth of them on INGO).
    Just made me stop and think...

Americans have to have free everything.
    They want to let the entire world come here for free everything.
    They don't want to work for any of it.
    Nothing is ever their fault.
    Everybody is a racist.

Too bad lefties can't stop, and think... or better yet, help solve the damn problems, instead of creating them.

Americans are ungrateful because we're too busy blaming others and pointing out that they're the reason for all the problems.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    A 5 hour drive from Munich, Germany can put you in the old Eastern Bloc. 5 hours in ANY direction from Jerusalem is crap. It TAKES you 5 hours to get out of Hong Kong, and it is crap the whole time.

Denny here, 5 hours from Munich is Milan, Prague and Vienna. ;) (Bratislava if traffic is good)

7 hours will land in Budapest, which isn't that bad anymore. Eastern Europe isn't as poor as it used to be, and I'm biased, but I think every American should go there at least once; it's really quite lovely and educational.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Denny here, 5 hours from Munich is Milan, Prague and Vienna. ;) (Bratislava if traffic is good)

7 hours will land in Budapest, which isn't that bad anymore. Eastern Europe isn't as poor as it used to be, and I'm biased, but I think every American should go there at least once; it's really quite lovely and educational.
    I really want to visit Prague.

Reactions: Leo

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County

:scratch:
    How does that make his comment wrong? Prague is in what was Czechoslovakia, which was Eastern Bloc. Hungary is about 5 hours from there too.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    My point stands, I think.

Most Americans are in our American Bubble. One must REALLY try to find the REALLY poor. Yes, they exist here, too. But the truly destitute are in the fraction of a percent.

In much of the rest of the world, exposure to a different language, culture, socio-economic class is a short drive or train ride away. Much of Europe is very aware of their neighbors to the east. The dichotomy of socio-economics is visible from a hilltop in the Middle East. The same can be seen in a short walk in Hong Kong, Chennai, or Rio.

Yes, we have slums in the US. Our slums are middle-class or better in much of the world.

Not excusing our ignorance. Just attempting to understand where it may come from. We should get out more. Would do us good.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    :scratch:
    How does that make his comment wrong? Prague is in what was Czechoslovakia, which was Eastern Bloc. Hungary is about 5 hours from there too.
    He's not wrong at all... It's just a little Friday fun post.

But there's nothing poor about Prague.

You'd have to to Belarus, Muldova or Albania to start to see poverty.

Last edited:

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    You've erected a straw man and I shall not fight it.

Me: Americans are ungrateful to this nation because they see tyranny where none exists.
    Me: Example of this in action.
    You: That's a strawman.

Unless of course you can find somewhere I've stated it was pointless to vote.

My post that started our interaction:

"Kind of like the people who see a police state and tyranny every where they look? People need purpose and so many Americans are purposeless. Inventing problems and pretend victimization is often the result. Pretend problems are generally more interesting and much more interesting to fix. Do it right and you may even get credit for fixing an issue that didn't exist until you invented it. Call it the Frank Straub Effect."

Notice the lack of "bushwacker thinks" or "bushwacker said". You jumped in, I didn't assign you a position. I'm talking about Americans who belive that America as a tyranny, you're "but somewhere Not America..." which is completely irrelevant. I showed you an example of harm resulting in America from Americans believing they live in a tyranny. My posts look like strawmen to you because you're having some different conversation.

buckwacker

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 23, 2012
    Me: Americans are ungrateful to this nation because they see tyranny where none exists.

"Kind of like the people who see a police state and tyranny every where they look? People need purpose and so many Americans are purposeless. Inventing problems and pretend victimization is often the result. Pretend problems are generally more interesting and much more interesting to fix. Do it right and you may even get credit for fixing an issue that didn't exist until you invented it. Call it the Frank Straub Effect."

Notice the lack of "bushwacker thinks" or "bushwacker said". You jumped in, I didn't assign you a position. I'm talking about Americans who belive that America as a tyranny, you're "but somewhere Not America..." which is completely irrelevant. I showed you an example of harm resulting in America from Americans believing they live in a tyranny. My posts look like strawmen to you because you're having some different conversation.
    First can you point to anyone on this board who truly thinks we live in a tyrannical police state? No one is claiming that, hyperbole aside. You can't ascribe to people's discomfort with slowly having liberties eroded over time a belief that they think they are living in tyranny. That's completely disingenuous. You see that discomfort as ingratitude for what they have; I see it as a true appreciation for what they have, a sadness for what they've lost, and a dread of what they will yet lose.

Again, you erect straw men. No one truly believes America is a tyranny. We are headed in that direction, just as Jefferson predicted we would. Are we full blown tyranny now? No. Might we get there? Yes. Eternal vigilance, what you call ingratitude, is what slows that roll. Gratitude and an awareness of where we're headed aren't mutually exclusive.

To your contention that world history is completely irrelevant: are you taking the Pelosi approach, pass it to find out what's in it? Do we have to fall completely into tyranny before we should do anything about it? Or is trying to prevent it ingratitude?

Last edited:

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    First can you point to anyone on this board who truly thinks we live in a tyrannical police state? No one is claiming that, hyperbole aside.
    You posted in a recent one : https://www.indianagunowners.com/th...ryption-to-counter-domestic-extremism.512287/ from the first post:

I guess signal app and others like it seem to be working well. The totalitarian police state is having problems seeing everyone's communication.

I can't read minds so I take people at their word. Maybe years of Jade Helm/FEMA death camp/martial law/UN invasion/etc/etc has just been a bunch of joshing around... Now it's my turn to eyeroll.

buckwacker

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 23, 2012
    You posted in a recent one : https://www.indianagunowners.com/th...ryption-to-counter-domestic-extremism.512287/ from the first post:

I can't read minds so I take people at their word. Maybe years of Jade Helm/FEMA death camp/martial law/UN invasion/etc/etc has just been a bunch of joshing around... Now it's my turn to eyeroll.
    Ok, I think most people understand that to be a bit hyperbolic, and I think if you were being honest you do as well. One day it won't be hyperbole, but it is right now.

Care to address the rest of the post?

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Ok, I think most people understand that to be a bit hyperbolic, and I think if you were being honest you do as well. One day it won't be hyperbole, but it is right now.

Care to address the rest of the post?

Not really, it's a waste of my time at this point. If you can read posts from certain members and rationalize it to yourself that they are just kidding around or you believe in the same boogiemen they do, you do you.

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010

Nice try, distancing yourself from the rightwing INGO tyranny windmill-tilters. But there is a different set of windmill-tilters out there, and since you posted here...the wayback machine will not forget that you, too are implicated in all this:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/p...ainst-us-government/ar-BB1cTRqE?ocid=msedgntp

...better just turn yourself in now.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Nice try, distancing yourself from the rightwing INGO tyranny windmill-tilters. But there is a different set of windmill-tilters out there, and since you posted here...the wayback machine will not forget that you, too are implicated in all this:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/p...ainst-us-government/ar-BB1cTRqE?ocid=msedgntp

...better just turn yourself in now.

For my speech in the Academy I demonstrated how to turn a babywipe box into a field expedient landmine with an electrical detonation system and how to best place IED if expecting armored "visitors". I also demonstrated a lot of non-IED booby traps, some lethal and some designed to wound. My idea was to expose many of the new officers to how dangerous booby traps can be, not as a how to, but it's tough to know one without knowing a bit of the other.

I'm sure I raised some eyebrows, but there's certainly some truth to it. If I ever went off the rails I wouldn't forget what I know on the "how to create havoc for fun and profit" side of things.

My beat partners used to say "I'm not going to (my) house if he ever cracks. That (expletive) will be wired..."

Top Bottom