Americans are the most ungrateful people on God's green Earth.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mongo59

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 30, 2018
    Purgatory
    To be truly enlightened you also have to take this to the extreme the opposite way:

So many think that there is the one 'thing' that if they only had 'it' then their life would be 'oh so much better'. The birds will sing and the sun will shine...

But the truth is that there have already been people who possessed whatever you crave and did not find fulfillment what so ever.

To put the mandatory religious twist to things, the book of Ecclesiastes tells us that anything we crave in this world only distracts us from what has true value. We are all mining for wealth but we are all mining in a kitty litter box and all we 'gain' in this world is temporary and of relative value...

Bugzilla

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2021
    DeMotte
    I’ve often said this country needs to go through another Great Depression to wake people up, like my parents went through when they were young. Might not take that. A week or two without electric. No tv, charged iPhone, social media. Might have to get out and actually interact face to face.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    :rolleyes: That's deeply insightful

Remember when INGO predicted Obama would declare martial law and steal a 3rd term? I remember. Pretend you live in a police state because somewhere else did something doesn't deserve more of a rebuttal. It makes as much sense as me planning my weekend from the Beijing weather report.

How insightful is it that if you keep telling people elections don't matter people won't bother to go vote and your side won't win elections? Deep Blue level stuff there, but INGO political section loves that narrative, too. How'd that play out in the Georgia runoffs? Oh, right.

Deep thinkers indeed.

daddyusmaximus

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.9%
    89   1   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Remington
    Remember when INGO predicted Obama would declare martial law and steal a 3rd term? I remember. Pretend you live in a police state because somewhere else did something doesn't deserve more of a rebuttal. It makes as much sense as me planning my weekend from the Beijing weather report.

How insightful is it that if you keep telling people elections don't matter people won't bother to go vote and your side won't win elections? Deep Blue level stuff there, but INGO political section loves that narrative, too. How'd that play out in the Georgia runoffs? Oh, right.

Deep thinkers indeed.
    It could be argued that the current regime IS the 3rd term...

and that martial law probably isn't that far off...

Pretty sure they're all working the same long term game plan.

funeralweb

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    Earth/East Central I
    Too bad we can't send more lefties abroad so they can see things like this first hand. Maybe that would help open their eyes to how good we have it here.
    Lefties would see this picture and think, "We need that here." and continue doing exactly what they're currently doing to recreate "over there" right here at home.

buckwacker

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 23, 2012

Deep thinkers indeed.
    I generally think you make well reasoned arguments, but this is one of the most imprudent things I've seen you say. So you believe because in your view tyranny hasn't happened here (it has, we fought a revolution over it), it can't or won't. History says you're wrong, as the last century so gruesomely demonstrated. We're not immune, we haven't been given some magicical tyranny vaccine, it's an eternal struggle. Those who don't learn from history are doomed to repeat it.

In the words of someone you might respect more than you do I, "Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny."
    Thomas Jefferson

How did voting slip into the post? It's a bit off topic.

I detect a bit of arrogance and condescension in this post. Don't become a jeephammer, it doesn't suit you.

Bugzilla

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2021
    DeMotte

Deep thinkers indeed.
    He did steel a third term.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I generally think you make well reasoned arguments, but this is one of the most imprudent things I've seen you say. So you believe because in your view tyranny hasn't happened here (it has, we fought a revolution over it), it can't or won't. History says you're wrong, as the last century so gruesomely demonstrated. We're not immune, we haven't been given some magicical tyranny vaccine, it's an eternal struggle. Those who don't learn from history are doomed to repeat it.

In the words of someone you might respect more than you do I, "Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny."
    Thomas Jefferson

How did voting slip into the post? It's a bit off topic.

I detect a bit of arrogance and condescension in this post. Don't become a jeephammer, it doesn't suit you.

It can happen here =/= it is happening now.

Is America better because Republicans in Georgia didn't turn out in sufficient numbers to keep the Senate? Did top Republicans actually telling people to stay home instead of voting in a "rigged election" help? What does TJ or Communist purges in Asia have to do with that? Hence, non sequitur.

Take the message however you want. Note the responses. Not "we were wrong, Obama didn't declare martial law and steal a third term" but some ridiculous moving of the goalposts. Martial law is always just around the corner, though, right? Along with that blue helmet invasion. Ridiculous ideas deserve to be ridiculed and fighting the pretend tyranny is ridiculous.

JeepHammer would be tolerated and celebrated if he directed his ire at liberals. It's perfectly fine to be arrogant, condescending, and fact resistant if you go along with the majority. I can't be him, though. I'm not good at electrical stuff and I'm not well suited for his particular world view any more than I am the UN is coming crowd. The police state that both INGO political section and BLM believe in seems to exist primarily in the media and imagination...It's so odd that there is that tyranny everywhere but we're allowed to do and say pretty much what we want...including rail against the tyranny. Which isn't uniquely American, but is very American.

And, honestly, if you respond with an 'eye roll' you lose the right to complain someone was condescending...

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    The news on Politico is that the Republicans-in-charge in Maricopa County, Arizona have seen the final (wordsmithing in process) draft of the Ninja audit of the vote.

Looks like the vote was accurate. Their handcount yielded a few more votes for Biden.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    The news on Politico is that the Republicans-in-charge in Maricopa County, Arizona have seen the final (wordsmithing in process) draft of the Ninja audit of the vote.

Looks like the vote was accurate. Their handcount yielded a few more votes for Biden.
    Fraudulent votes. Get it right.

buckwacker

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 23, 2012
    It can happen here =/= it is happening now.

Is America better because Republicans in Georgia didn't turn out in sufficient numbers to keep the Senate? Did top Republicans actually telling people to stay home instead of voting in a "rigged election" help? What does TJ or Communist purges in Asia have to do with that? Hence, non sequitur.

Take the message however you want. Note the responses. Not "we were wrong, Obama didn't declare martial law and steal a third term" but some ridiculous moving of the goalposts. Martial law is always just around the corner, though, right? Along with that blue helmet invasion. Ridiculous ideas deserve to be ridiculed and fighting the pretend tyranny is ridiculous.

JeepHammer would be tolerated and celebrated if he directed his ire at liberals. It's perfectly fine to be arrogant, condescending, and fact resistant if you go along with the majority. I can't be him, though. I'm not good at electrical stuff and I'm not well suited for his particular world view any more than I am the UN is coming crowd. The police state that both INGO political section and BLM believe in seems to exist primarily in the media and imagination...It's so odd that there is that tyranny everywhere but we're allowed to do and say pretty much what we want...including rail against the tyranny. Which isn't uniquely American, but is very American.

And, honestly, if you respond with an 'eye roll' you lose the right to complain someone was condescending...
    I don't know how we went from a slide toward tyranny to voting in Georgia. You brought it into the conversation about the dangers of police states and tyranny, and when I presented a logical rebutal to your reply about whether being over or under sensitive to the dangers tyranny was more dangerous, you deflect with "non sequitur". A non sequitur would be bringing Georgia voting into an unrelated topic. Maybe you've gotten posts confused, but you can navigate back through our back and forth with the handy little button at the top of the quoted texts if you need more clarity.

You made a denigrating claim that INGO, or at least those in the pol forum, see despots and jackboots behind every tree, in a number of words. I simply asked if it was more dangerous to be wary or blind, and by your response, "Oklahoma City", I asume your lean to the blind side. The Thomas Jefferson quote essentially says that all governments end in tyranny, and I'd ask why you think ours would be different. We are not as free as we once were, and if you can't see that, it's just more evidence you seem to want to take the ostrich approach to gathering threats. The evidence is all around; I can point it out, but I can't make you see it.

Last edited:

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I don't know how we went from a slide toward tyranny to voting in Georgia. You brought it into the conversation about the dangers of police states and tyranny, and when I presented a logical rebutal to your reply about whether being over or under sensitive to the dangers tyranny was more dangerous, you deflect with "non sequitur". A non sequitur would be bringing Georgia voting into an unrelated topic. Maybe you've gotten posts confused, but you can navigate back through our back and forth with the handy little button at the top of the quoted texts if you need more clarity.

You made a denigrating claim that INGO, or at least those in the pol forum, see despots and jackboots behind every tree, in a number of words. I simply asked if it was more dangerous to be wary or blind, and by your response, "Oklahoma City", I asume your lean to the blind side. The Thomas Jefferson quote essentially says that all governments end in tyranny, and I'd ask why you think ours would be different. We are not as free as we once were, and if you can't see that, it's just more evidence you seem to want to take the ostrich approach to gathering threats. The evidence is all around; I can't point it out, but I can't make you see it.

Because voting in GA is directly tied to a false narrative of tyranny. It the truth was "Stolen election" and "it doesn't matter who votes, only who counts the votes" it would be tyranny, would it not? So was it better to believe in that narrative? Was there some damage done by believing the narrative? Or would it have been better to live in reality and turn up to vote?

The discussion is American specific, from the thread title to the first post to my post. "Americans...." so the non sequitur is obvious.

buckwacker

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 23, 2012
    Crying wolf comes with its own dangers. The most prudent position is likely between seeing a wolf behind every tree and believing that wolves don't exist.
    I don't disagree, but history has demonstrated that tyranny is a far more insidious threat than those that wear the tinfoil hats.

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    The farther we, as a country, move away from the basic principles upon which we were founded, the more the country and its people will suffer. There are still individuals in this country who grew up without anything and made use of their intelligence and work ethic to make something of themselves. They may not have become rich and famous, but they are making a comfortable living. There are plenty of them, although when watching the news, it seems like the country is now made up of dissatisfied people with their hands out, people on drugs and people meeting out senseless violence. There is a large minority who has used this false scenario to guide the country to another form of government. Television and the internet have a huge influence upon our society now, like never before. The "woke" ideas have changed a lot of things. Some seem unimportant and others seem unbelievably outlandish and stern. Things are changing rapidly and I expect that some of that change will forever change of face of this country. Only time will tell what changes were good and what were bad. The problem is we'll be stuck forever with the bad changes along with the good.

buckwacker

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 23, 2012
    Because voting in GA is directly tied to a false narrative of tyranny. It the truth was "Stolen election" and "it doesn't matter who votes, only who counts the votes" it would be tyranny, would it not? So was it better to believe in that narrative? Was there some damage done by believing the narrative? Or would it have been better to live in reality and turn up to vote?

The discussion is American specific, from the thread title to the first post to my post. "Americans...." so the non sequitur is obvious.
    You've erected a straw man and I shall not fight it. Unless of course you can find somewhere I've stated it was pointless to vote.

It appears you've gone into deelection mode. Let's do this: you add up all the dead at the hands of the all the tinfoil hat, conspiratorial, police state, tyranny is upon us people, and we'll compare that to numbers of dead at the hands of actual tyrants, just last century. If you come within a couple orders of magnitude, we can discuss further.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    Fraudulent votes. Get it right.
    Republicans counted it. Audited it and recounted by republican-secured ninja team.

If you don't believe your own republican team, you might be rejecting reality.

tumblr_inline_p5dx3jnK101utqscc_400.gifv

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Republicans counted it. Audited it and recounted by republican-secured ninja team.

If you don't believe your own republican team, you might be rejecting reality.

tumblr_inline_p5dx3jnK101utqscc_400.gifv
    Perhaps I forgot to apply purple.

Top Bottom