• ...and so much more!
  • BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    It is interesting that all of the tv shows about guns ended up getting cancelled and/ or the principals ended up being prosecuted. When the administration asks their goons to spotlight certain groups, few will withstand their scrutiny. It sure makes gun people look like a bunch of shady characters. I'm not defending any of these "gun celebs" because if you do the crime, then do the time. OTOH, the administration can sell guns to narco terrorist organizations, resulting in many deaths and they skate. Any time you think that it doesn't make a difference who sits in the oval office...think again.

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    Dunno about the personal reputations of Mr. West and crew, other than what I know about their highly regarded aftermarket parts for lever action rifles, but the show that he's on with the rest of his staff, "Wild West Alaska," is at least reasonably good compared to the two manifest failures that Discovery aired.
    From the times that I've watched it, I definitely like that they are much more into gunsmithing and selling and selling hunting and target rifles than the "builds" that nearly always consisted of the tinker toy work from the incest guy.
    Also, Phred is certainly easy on the eyes.
    wild-west-alaska-low-touch-showsite.jpg

The Professor

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 3, 2015
    Evansville
    Jeff Cooper would be disappointed in Wyatt (if he's guilty).

I had the displeasure of interacting with Wyatt a number of times through a previous job before his stint on Discovery. He was a jackass then, too.

You're right about the Jeff Cooper comment, but in the end, I'm not sure how close Wyatt and the Colonel ever were. Yes, Wyatt went through several Gunsite classes held by Col. Cooper. He even had the Colonel come out to his store, once, but he paid for the privilege.

Wyatt was a name-dropper. On his website, prior to the Discovery show, he had dozens of pictures of him with firearms celebrities, most of which were taken at the SHOT show or NRA fund-raising events.

I have an equal number of these pictures, but it doesn't mean that any of them knew me to any degree. Wyatt was, IMNSHO, a jackass and back-stabber of the highest degree and none of this news about him surprises me in the least.

It is of my opinion that it couldn't happen to a better guy.

The Professor

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    Dunno about the personal reputations of Mr. West and crew, other than what I know about their highly regarded aftermarket parts for lever action rifles, but the show that he's on with the rest of his staff, "Wild West Alaska," is at least reasonably good compared to the two manifest failures that Discovery aired.
    From the times that I've watched it, I definitely like that they are much more into gunsmithing and selling and selling hunting and target rifles than the "builds" that nearly always consisted of the tinker toy work from the incest guy.
    How did that charge regarding illegal hunting, turn out for West?

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    How did that charge regarding illegal hunting, turn out for West?

Sorry, but I have to plead ignorance about that one.
    If he engaged in poaching or otherwise knowingly engaged in illegality while hunting, he should be prosecuted fully and suffer the appropriate loss of reputation, though.

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    He is probably going to be convicted, the feds generally do not take things to trial unless they are pretty confident in what the end result of the trial will be.

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    'Wild West Alaska' star pleads guilty to 4 hunting violations | Alaska Dispatch News

MilitaryArms

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2008
    I watched an episode once where they talked a guy into buying a $3000 "custom" Mossberg 500. The guy had no clue what he was buying, as it was his first gun. Richard Wyatt is a total crook.
    No, he was a total bad actor. That's all scripted non-sense. :)

ryknoll3

Master
    Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    Discovery is apart of a different "pack" of channels that's not offered on standard service.

Wow, you have crappy cable service then. Here, anything above the package that only has local channels includes Discovery.

This is Comcast, BTW.

Top Bottom