• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Icarry2

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Nov 14, 2010
    Franklin County, VA
    tried to check it out but it says I have to upgrade my browser to the latest and greatest.. Too bad, company supported computer, can't do it.. Oh well..

The show seems to be a one time movie from the ads I have seen. Either way I have my DVR set to record it.

TJ

Iroquois

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2011
    Revolution is a fantasy, complete with 'pixie dust' ; it is not for prepper training. If you watch it thinking you were gonna learn something, then I suggest you watch 'Once Upon a Time".
    It's more informative...

Khazik

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Ya I just saw it too. "You're gonna mug me for a can of peaches?"-glad I carry, ya I'd shoot the guy. That Jason kid, I'da either thrown him out to the wolves, or something else more creative; someone with that kind of attitude is not an individual you take to your buker/bug out site, to hell with their "boyfriend of your daughter" status, I'd have left him there or on the road somewhere close to an area of his choosing along the way but not near my area (given his attitude/mentality).

And the last scene where the guy was bein held hostage, then the kid gets a phone call and the neighbors stop holding the guy at knife-to-throat... I'da shot them first opportunity. I find theres a lot of idiocy in that show, but it's good because it shows just how unprepared and unwilling people are, and how materialistic they've become. For example: that rich couple living in that penthouse, nation-wide blackout and they're complaining their champagne is warm.... lol so superficial.

Bollorollo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 18, 2011
    Indiana
    I can see a ledge. It is only a few feet away guys I think I can make it. Wait, it looks a lot farther maybe 25 feet . No it is only a few feet away and I can make it so I will jump........................................................................ THUMP! OK the elevator part with the guy thinking he could jump to the ledge made me roll my eyes after you hear nothing but a thump a few seconds later...

Lebowski

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 6, 2013
    Between corn and soybean fields.
    I can see a ledge. It is only a few feet away guys I think I can make it. Wait, it looks a lot farther maybe 25 feet . No it is only a few feet away and I can make it so I will jump........................................................................ THUMP! OK the elevator part with the guy thinking he could jump to the ledge made me roll my eyes after you hear nothing but a thump a few seconds later...

Haha, yeah. I was sitting there thinking, "Well, what the hell happened? Is he dead?"

Where did he fall to, anyway?

fireblade

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 30, 2011
    Earth
    I find it funny all this type of this can happen movie's or documentaries happen in summer (warm weather) ...lets throw in some winter weather it brings a whole new set of problems and hardships even more in a big city ....if a bad guys or nation really wanted to do great harm like in the movie . General Winter would have been a logical choice in timing :twocents:

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel
    Revolution is a fantasy, complete with 'pixie dust' ; it is not for prepper training. If you watch it thinking you were gonna learn something, then I suggest you watch 'Once Upon a Time".
    It's more informative...

Revolution is useful if you're planning on facing an omnipotent yet totally incompetent set of enemies that will monologue you to death rather than shoot you.

Cldedhnds

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 17, 2013
    Hendricks
    I find it funny all this type of this can happen movie's or documentaries happen in summer (warm weather) ...lets throw in some winter weather it brings a whole new set of problems and hardships even more in a big city ....if a bad guys or nation really wanted to do great harm like in the movie . General Winter would have been a logical choice in timing :twocents:

No doubt a winter collapse would be exponentially worse. Every fifth structure would be on fire.

fatboy30

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 28, 2013
    advance
    I watched it it was really kinda eye opening. im trying to get my girlfriend into a mind set of this kinda thing will happen its just a matter of when. any tips on where to start our prepping

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 13, 2009
    Southern, IN
    Seemed like a commercial for Wise Foods to me. Every break was nothing but Wise Foods ads. The plot was a little weak IMHO. 8 days and we are getting foreign aid? The .gov people not doing anything at all? As for the daughter's boyfriend, he never would have mad it that far. He definitely would have been booted after giving out food to the neighbors. Nobody seemed to be going to shelters or camps. Where was FEMA?????? Lot of questions for sure.......

millsusaf

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Carmel
    Where was FEMA?????? Lot of questions for sure.......

Look at Katrina or just about any recent natural disaster, they are still getting their crap together....maybe. If the power is out everywhere it makes it infinitely harder to organize a response. Additionally the .gov blankie is very limited in it's ability. All the aid organizations combined would not be able to support the need of an entire nation of sheeple most of who only have 2-3 days of food and almost no water stored.

Foreign add would be their only hope.

Khazik

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    I watched it it was really kinda eye opening. im trying to get my girlfriend into a mind set of this kinda thing will happen its just a matter of when. any tips on where to start our prepping
    I'd recommend food, particularly Calories. Food is realistically split in 2 categories: Calories and Nutrition, Fat has both and quality matters.

Everyone in all these survival shows talk to you about protein, what isn't said is how most forms of protein require energy from your body to process and breakdown to a usable degree, and what you really need to keep going is Calories. You can readily find nutrition in a whole host of plants and trees: Lambs Quarters, Apple Trees, Walnut Trees, Dandelion Greens, Kale, Amaranth, Tomatoes, Pine Needles, etc... but the more difficult category to find, yet alone in quantity to satisfy your body's needs (for mammals at our level in the food chain) is Calories.

You could start with 40 lbs of rice in 5 gallon buckets (with gamma seal lids of course) with O2 absorbers for the size (I used 3 packets per bucket, forget the CC size they're rated for). This will give you calories. You'll need to find a way to have water purification and a means to cook it (fire, pot w/lid) but the same is required for these Wise Food meals everyone is getting (I'm simply not eating that crap). I got 20 lb bags of quality Jasmine rice at the local indian food store here in Ft. Wayne for $17/ea. The buckets and lids were readily found at Menards (Food Grade, #2). I think it's 63,700 Calories per 5 gal bucket, assuming 18.6 cups per gallon (dry).

I'd also highly recommend you get some kind of storable fat (Coconut oil is great for this) and SALT. Why salt? Walk outside and find some... If you got money to burn, Chia Seed, and a lot of it.

Top Bottom