• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Vodnik4

Aspiring Redneck
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 24, 2021
    Monroe
    I have never tried weed. Once I was in a rail car that was hot-boxed by some teenagers, and afterwards felt horrible — dizzy, disoriented, not feeling fully in control of myself. If that’s what it feels like, I have no interest in it, I like feeing sharp and aware.

It just seems like another form of escapism, just like alcohol or binge-watching TV, but somehow given this “higher conciseness, expanding your mind” excuse.

Maybe if the edibles are ever federally legalized, I would like to try a type or two just to see what it’s all about.

Cavman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 2, 2009
    ^^^this^^^

Just never had the desire to try. It is still illegal (Federally) in all 50 states. Apparently Congress has not figured out how to tax it yet.

The neighbors smoke will drift over the fence regularly in the summer. Some social friends will smoke at gatherings but never awkward for smokers or teetotalers.

Wife subject to testing at work and has no interest in trying. I’m just old and set in my ways.
    I just like keeping my head on. Just don't even drink anymore. Never even got into that either. Except maybe a mixed drink before bed around the holidays

Lmo1131

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2020
    east of the Pacific
    Personal experience; Working on the ground as a grade-checker directing double bottom-dumps working over sandy soil on a large project site. This is a job where you stand where you want the driver to drop his load(s), and when he gets to the point you want the material you throw your arms up in the air to indicate 'let go'; basically you put yourself in the line of fire about 100' feet in front of an oncoming semi. On loose sand they come in hot, 20-25 mph and steering is difficult because of the uneven ground, it's not uncommon for the rig to bounce unpredictably. As a driver you have to concentrate to steer because the wheel can be jerked out of your hands.

The problem with 'double bottom bumps' is that if the front trailer is dumped first weight is taken off of the rear wheels of the truck, and the rear trailer acts as an anchor; the truck bogs down and becomes stuck. At that point the whole jobs comes to a stop, the rig has to be hitched to a dozer, and pulled off the site. The solution is to drop the rear load first; easy to do, if you're straight.

I don't know how many times I've jumped up on a running board to talk to one of these idiots and almost be overcome by pot smoke. They always get a surprise on the way home because I call my CHP buddy a tell him they have a customer on the way. Yeah, I can be a pr*ck like that when I have to stand in front of them...

1647535896787.png

Gabriel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 3, 2010
    The shore of wonderful Lake Michigan
    I smoked the reefer in high school, but not for long. I found that it just made me tired and lazy and I'm lazy enough as is. I haven't had alcohol in about 21 years either. I just didn't really see the point and decided to stop drinking it.

Last edited:

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    I have never tried it and have no interest in doing so.

That said, I have seen it do good things for some folks suffering the pain of cancer, glaucoma, and other ailments.

I have found it interesting that some are so willing to ingest some chemical compounds put out by big pharma, yet trash a natural substance that has proven medicinal value.

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    I don’t mind if people do it at home but I hate the stench of it in public and especially when I’m riding my motorcycle and I can smell it in peoples cars.

Top Bottom