• ...and so much more!
  • hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Less harmful than what? Meth?

The full load stuff f**ks you up with corn sugar, and the artificial sweeteners in the low test stuff are NOT good for you.
    I'm not going to follow people's posts about overcoming alcohol addiction and claim conquering diet coke is anywhere on that level. Too much respect for them.

But i agree with you. A coke a day is fine, levels I was at are not.

Hoosierdood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 2, 2010
    North of you
    Living in Michigan, I can tell you there are pot shops everywhere. Probably more than liquor stores in most towns. I tried it once when Michigan legalized it. Felt like I was drunk for about an hour, and I don’t like being drunk. I’m ok with never trying it again.
    What really pisses me off is when I see people driving while smoking it. My family is on the road with these idiots. Everywhere smells like weed. You see guys getting out of their car with a cloud of smoke that looks like a Cheech and Chong movie.
    Luckily, since having Covid, my smell isn’t quite what it used to be and I don’t smell it as much - I guess that’s one positive that came from Covid.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    I feel like the only person under 35 not bleary eyed on the devil's lettuce every day, especially around here. Amazing how many people on the street have the "lights on/nobody home" vibe. Unsurprisingly it seems like "normalizing" drugs has led to...lots more drugs!

And hell, weed is a milder one. Alcoholism hasn't gotten better. Heroin and fentanyl are everywhere. Basically everyone my age or younger is medicated in some way, for something. I feel like the only baseline human left.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    No pot here, either. Never have. Don't see the purpose.

Occasional drinker. More of a "bourbon by the bonfire" kind of thing. Hate feeling intoxicated.

I also don't see all that many folks "partaking" while out and about. Maybe I don't get out enough. Maybe I just don't notice. Maybe it just isn't an "edge of rural" thing. Dunno.

tim87tr

Freedom lover
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Eastern IL
    It's been my experience that there are/were a LOT more people partaking of cannabis than most would guess. It still carries a stigma so until it doesn't there will remain a lot of closet users.
    At some point in the next decade, there will be an opening and increase in legitimate health care uses for weed and edibles. There's some now for various diseases, cancer, inflammation, and sleep benefits. Varies by state due to religion and politics but I'm all for helping sick people with the demonized natural product. For now Big Pharma and their political allies are still very happy, dominant in conjunction with medical industrialization and protocols.

As for smelling it, in my travels I don't believe I have. We don't typically venture into larger cities, so maybe that's why.

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Though the numbers smoking weed have picked up in recent years, I remember in my youth in the 1970's.
    There was a time where it seemed like most everybody, INCLUDING the most unlikely people were smoking it for a time or had at least tried it.

And I'm sure many of them never quit, and are now old and still smoking it.
    I know a few who still do.
    Just so they don't drive loaded is all I ask.

BUT in my life experience, I've had a lot less trouble from potheads than with drunks.

Very few people are more annoying than some idiot having a few drinks and then believing he's the "worlds toughest man", wanting to fight everybody and tearing up the place.

Last edited:

bmbutch

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Southern Indiana
    Beer very infrequent, < 12 per year.
    Smoke free, not a fan of smoking in general.
    Pot has jacked up my youngest, says he’s quit now, it’s lead him to be pretty useless and a jackass for about 13-years now, no he doesn’t live with me.

Now tacos, that’s a different story!

Dirty Steve

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 16, 2011
    Danville
    No weed here. Watched my ex-wifes brother do nothing for 58 years except hit the pipe and live with his mother. Never held a job for long, always blamed someone else for everything that happened to him. I have no doubt some very successful people can handle it but there are definitely others who cannot and have wasted a life time being pie-eyed.

Used to love vacationing on South Beach in Miami, but you can't walk down Ocean Drive without someone walking up to you and saying "got weed and coke" or getting a contact high from the hoopty pulled up next to you. That has turned me off from going back.

Dirty Steve

fullmetaljesus

Probably smoking a cigar.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy
    I do not puff the devil's lettuce or partake in jazz cigarettes. However I'm a big proponent of legislation for a few reasons. That being said, don't smoke and drive ya **** wits. Don't kill people bc you want to mellow out. Do that **** at home or wherever.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    Very few people are more annoying than some idiot having a few drinks and then believing he's the "worlds toughest man", wanting to fight everybody and tearing up the place.

You talkin' to me?
    You got somethin' to say?
    Come on....say it...

That's what I thought....nothin'

I'll kick your *** if you look at me again.

cg21

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    I never understood the thing with skunks. I dont find it offensive either. Reminds me of brand new rubber tires.
    I’m thinking you guys haven’t SMELLED a skunk. What you smell driving past roadkill is not the true smell haha get sprayed by one it is almost like the roadkill smell + 10,000 cloves of rotten garlic in your eyes and nostrils

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    I dabbled in it with my friends in my youth. We drank beer too. (Don’t tell anyone. I’ll just deny it)
    I forgot to add that I haven't partaken in either one for more than 30 years. Haven't took a hit on the funny stuff since about mid 20s and quit drinking in my early 30s. Just turned 61 the 1st of march.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom