• Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    I'm not surprised they take a cut.
    My big objection to PayPal is when I saw how they will freeze people's accounts for arbitrary amounts of time, with NO appeal or talking to the customer to straighten it out.
    Often times, with the customer's money in the account.

I don't want to mail a check to INGO, because some years back i remember it being discussed that the check aren't always promptly cashed, and I don't want my Site Supporter status to be suspended until my check it cashed.
    Ive posted before that I have had a PP business debit for 15 plus years now. And did PP for a few years before that when selling and buying.
    Like you over that time I have read many times that someone had an account locked or frozen from PP and spent days or months trying to rectifying the problem.
    What I have never seen are emails, paperwork or met a person thats had it done to them or their business.
    Along with my own personal purchases over that time period with a PP debit. I mean two days ago I paid for a stamp, can, state tax and fed tax with that card.
    Im not saying it hasn't happened, but I tend to believe what I see and meet, over what I read.

Last edited:

68NOVA

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 26, 2016
    nwi
    PayPal has been dead to me since around 2010.

Along with Buds Gun Shop and it's affiliates.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    No one has to agree with my politics, and I sure do not have to agree with theirs.

Once someone decides to deny me, fine me or in any way oppress me to strip my rights, they are not only dead to me for further relationship, but an enemy.

The hazards of the removal of currency, personal and bank checks in the market place have been witnessed in the Communist orient for better than a decade. Why would we willingly accept that for the minor convenience of online banking?
    Ok, now what about a business model / platform that curtails ones First Amendment Rights because of their beliefs?

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Ive posted before that I have had a PP business debit for 15 plus years now. And did PP for a few years before that when selling and buying.
    Like you over that time I have read many times that someone had an account locked or frozen from PP and spent days or months trying to rectifying the problem.
    What I have never seen are emails, paperwork or met a person thats had it done to them or their business.
    Along with my own personal purchases over that time period with a PP debit. I mean two days ago I paid for a stamp, can, state tax and fed tax with that card.
    Im not saying it hasn't happened, but I tend to believe what I see and meet, over what I read.
    Even in court?

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    No I dont believe I have in my life. I dont go looking for reasons not to do business with corperations or a person. I certainly never not sell my products to someone with polar opposite beliefs. I owned a business to sell my products. Why would one cut off half of their business.
    Even in court?

Like I posted earlier, I dont go out of my way looking for reasons not to do business with someone or a business... So three lawsuits?
    PP had over 375 million users in 2020, wanna bet those you posted were cleaning dirty money?

And I ask you, Would you do business with an American company that limits your First Amendment Rights?

Last edited:

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Like I posted earlier, I dont go out of my way looking for reasons not to do business with someone or a business... So three lawsuits?
    PP had over 375 million users in 2020, wanna bet those you posted were cleaning dirty money?

And I ask you, Would you do business with an American company that limits your First Amendment Rights?
    Three lawsuits that have been written about by the media that I found doing a quick google search to show you it happens and is not some urban legend you eluded to. Ive heard of others as well over the years. Not sure what happened to them.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    Three lawsuits that have been written about by the media that I found doing a quick google search to show you it happens and is not some urban legend you eluded to. Ive heard of others as well over the years. Not sure what happened to them.
    Urban legend? lol
    If it was being done mainstream more than three lol would pop up in a search.

The last President I voted for has had 3,500 law suits, Trump or one of his companies were plaintiffs in 1,900; defendants in 1,450; and bankruptcy, third party, or other in 150.
    So is orange man bad because hes been sued?

Lets just give you 100 lawsuits, PP has over 375 million users. Say 10 transactions a year for each of the 375 million users.
    Out of three billion seven hundren and fifty million transactions. 100 lawsuits.
    Insignificant numbers my friend.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Urban legend? lol
    If it was being done mainstream more than three lol would pop up in a search.

The last President I voted for has had 3,500 law suits, Trump or one of his companies were plaintiffs in 1,900; defendants in 1,450; and bankruptcy, third party, or other in 150.
    So is orange man bad because hes been sued?

Lets just give you 100 lawsuits, PP has over 375 million users. Say 10 transactions a year for each of the 375 million users.
    Out of three billion seven hundren and fifty million transactions. 100 lawsuits.
    Insignificant numbers my friend.
    So its all good and well that they only freeze a handful of clients. Got it. :rolleyes:

Obviously not a Niemoller fan.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    So its all good and well that they only freeze a handful of clients. Got it. :rolleyes:

Obviously not a Niemoller fan.
    Three suits... Billions of transactions....
    And you want to bring Neimoller into this. lololol
    Its not even a handful, the numbers are just insignificant. Its a nothing berger.

But, Please post the outcomes of those three clients that sued PP.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    Why does it have to be digitized?
    Pay Pal like other credit and debit services can only lock up whats in accounts with them.

Its not like The State and Federal Government cant lock down ones entire finances.

What I have read with the one woman that sued PP that it sure looks like she was cleaning money. I would bet that PP's algorithms turned on the red light with there accounts over it most likely being nefarious.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Why does it have to be digitized?
    Pay Pal like other credit and debit services can only lock up whats in accounts with them.

Its not like The State and Federal Government cant lock down ones entire finances.

What I have read with the one woman that sued PP that it sure looks like she was cleaning money. I would bet that PP's algorithms turned on the red light with there accounts over it most likely being nefarious.
    Who said it had to be digitized to lock seize it, it just demonstrated how easy it is to seize money electronically. It also demonstrates that physical possession of cash and precious metals is safer if properly stored. It is a elementary level meme but some just like to argue…

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    Who said it had to be digitized to lock seize it, it just demonstrated how easy it is to seize money electronically. It also demonstrates that physical possession of cash and precious metals is safer if properly stored. It is a elementary level meme but some just like to argue…
    Thats rich.
    Geesh. Here I thought this was a discussion forum.
    Good day.

MinuteManMike

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 28, 2008
    Lawrence, IN
    It's hard to avoid PP. Even places that don't advertise for them use them for payment processing. It's annoying to me. I wish we had alternatives.

Top Bottom