• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • NoAdmiration

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 13, 2012
    Jeffersonville
    I know we are often compelled to trade principle for convenience. However, given the march towards intolerance on display with so many companies, often due to activist and government pressures, how much is too much?

This time around PayPal seems to have decided that us gun owners are not only too unsavory to deal with, but we should be fined, for not having the correct opinions. They said they weren’t going to do it but then did it anyway.

Given that’s the case, what alternative payment products are available. What have you used and liked? What are some of the ups and downs?

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    I know we are often compelled to trade principle for convenience. However, given the march towards intolerance on display with so many companies, often due to activist and government pressures, how much is too much?

This time around PayPal seems to have decided that us gun owners are not only too unsavory to deal with, but we should be fined, for not having the correct opinions. They said they weren’t going to do it but then did it anyway.

Given that’s the case, what alternative payment products are available. What have you used and liked? What are some of the ups and downs?
    Good subject for discussion. I dumped Pay Pal (and they took down the leave comments as to why thing) when they tipped their hand the other day.

I only used it for my site supporter status here at Ingo. I guess I’ll be mailing a check to Texas now.

Last edited:

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Good subject for discussion. I dumped Pay Pal (and they took down the leave comments as to why thing) when they tipped their hand the other day.

I only used it for my site supporter status here at Ingo. I guess I’ll be mailing a check to Texas now.
    last time I did that, it took FOREVER to get my status updated.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    And for those that werent involved in the other thread, they prohibit lawful transactions involving guns and ammo.
    Prohibited Activities
    You may not use the PayPal service for activities that:

violate any law, statute, ordinance or regulation.
    relate to transactions involving (a) narcotics, <snip>, (i) certain sexually oriented materials or services, (j) ammunition, firearms, or certain firearm parts or accessories, or (k) certain weapons or knives regulated under applicable law
    Translation: If you use paypal to buy guns or ammo, if the transaction goes sideways they wont honor their buyer protection guarantees and wont refund your money. I guess you deserved to lose that money you awful person.

While they dont appear to be blocking sales using their debit card (I never tried using my paypal debit for that), they will refuse to do business with gun/ammo sellers that want a credit card processor. And with the new merchant category, I bet transactions will start getting denied at gun stores.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    Ive had a PayPal Business Debit since 2007, ordered or bought locally a gazillion bullets, primers, brass, handguns and long guns.
    I understand PP's stance, and I will say, not once have I ever had a problem with taking money or spending money with them.

If I did have a problem I would swiftly close my account. If I dropped all the woke company's in America, it would be tought to buy some things.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    If I did have a problem I would swiftly close my account. If I dropped all the woke company's in America, it would be tought to buy some things.
    Have you altered your business relationships with companies that support restrictions on abortion (because you disagree)?

If so, just exactly how would dropping PayPal be any different?

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    Have you altered your business relationships with companies that support restrictions on abortion (because you disagree)?

If so, just exactly how would dropping PayPal be any different?
    No I dont believe I have in my life. I dont go looking for reasons not to do business with corperations or a person. I certainly never not sell my products to someone with polar opposite beliefs. I owned a business to sell my products. Why would one cut off half of their business.
    I wouldnt invest the time to figure out what steel yard, paint, welding machine, welding consumables and so on to so business with.
    Ive always looked more for quality and price.

If was put in my face, I would make a decision then on wither or not to do business with them.

NoAdmiration

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 13, 2012
    Jeffersonville
    Ive had a PayPal Business Debit since 2007, ordered or bought locally a gazillion bullets, primers, brass, handguns and long guns.
    I understand PP's stance, and I will say, not once have I ever had a problem with taking money or spending money with them.

There's the rub. We are sort of boxed in by a confederacy of aggressive dunces. I liked things better when I didn't have to concern myself with the politics of the corporations I used. Perhaps a bit, head in the sand, of me?
    At some point I feel like we can't be so complicit in our own destruction. (Good band name).
    I respect that each person will have to find their own line in the sand.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    There's the rub. We are sort of boxed in by a confederacy of aggressive dunces. I liked things better when I didn't have to concern myself with the politics of the corporations I used. Perhaps a bit, head in the sand, of me?
    At some point I feel like we can't be so complicit in our own destruction. (Good band name).
    I respect that each person will have to find their own line in the sand.
    If a companys politics are not frontline why do we care? I mean all companys have politics, smart ones keep it under wraps from the public.
    I try to pick my battles, I will just not spend the required time to see what side of what issue each company I spend money is on.

Even who we vote for, marry, parents, brothers, sisters, co workworkers and on and on, we all dont agree on all topics. As humans we will never all agree with each other.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I'd love to see another operation step up and take the reins. Until then, gotta go with what is recognised.

Especially with finances, no one is quick to go throwing their hard earned :spend::spend::spend:at any new unknown outfit.

Like Parlor, Truth Social and Rumble, there has to be more acceptance.

I'm all about not supporting business that does not support our beliefs. That said, still gotta be smart. Risk tolerance is low in my wallet.

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis

You don't have too have a PayPal account to pay the Site Supporter fee.
    For years I thought I needed an account and didn't become a Site Supporter, because I've always refused to have a PayPal account.

I later found I could just use my credit card without an account to pay the Site Supporter fee and PayPay just acted as a pipeline.
    Plus with the credit card I could challenge any PayPal BS.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2021
    central indiana
    I generally agree with the idea that a company or business can decide who they want to do business with. I can't, however, square how a baker "must bake the cake" or photographer "must take the picture" against their personal will. But Fbook, twat-ter and PPal can decide not to allow transactions/posts per their selective corporate will. Goose, gander, equal protections and all that...

NoAdmiration

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 13, 2012
    Jeffersonville
    I generally agree with the idea that a company or business can decide who they want to do business with. I can't, however, square how a baker "must bake the cake" or photographer "must take the picture" against their personal will. But Fbook, twat-ter and PPal can decide not to allow transactions/posts per their selective corporate will. Goose, gander, equal protections and all that...
    You may be making an error in logic that I made for many years. You are arguing from principle. You are presuming the other side is doing the same thing. They are not. They are arguing form the will to power. If you look at their policies and statements through this lens, they make perfect sense.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    You don't have too have a PayPal account to pay the Site Supporter fee.
    For years I thought I needed an account and didn't become a Site Supporter, because I've always refused to have a PayPal account.

I later found I could just use my credit card without an account to pay the Site Supporter fee and PayPay just acted as a pipeline.
    Plus with the credit card I could challenge any PayPal BS.
    Being run through PayPal they still get there cut. Depending on paying with Goods & Services or Friends & Family you paid or who you paid gave PP there couple of percent.

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    No one has to agree with my politics, and I sure do not have to agree with theirs.

Once someone decides to deny me, fine me or in any way oppress me to strip my rights, they are not only dead to me for further relationship, but an enemy.

The hazards of the removal of currency, personal and bank checks in the market place have been witnessed in the Communist orient for better than a decade. Why would we willingly accept that for the minor convenience of online banking?

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    You may be making an error in logic that I made for many years. You are arguing from principle. You are presuming the other side is doing the same thing. They are not. They are arguing form the will to power. If you look at their policies and statements through this lens, they make perfect sense.
    Bingo! I too was guilty of Playing by the Queensbury rules against an enemy the the ends justify the means.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Everything is situational and transactional. What seems like an action based on a principle in one circumstance is tossed aside in favor of a different ”principle” in another circumstance.

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Being run through PayPal they still get there cut. Depending on paying with Goods & Services or Friends & Family you paid or who you paid gave PP there couple of percent.
    I'm not surprised they take a cut.
    My big objection to PayPal is when I saw how they will freeze people's accounts for arbitrary amounts of time, with NO appeal or talking to the customer to straighten it out.
    Often times, with the customer's money in the account.

I don't want to mail a check to INGO, because some years back i remember it being discussed that the check aren't always promptly cashed, and I don't want my Site Supporter status to be suspended until my check it cashed.

Top Bottom