already have an AR-15, so who cares if they ban them?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I wonder how many people are selling their ARs and AKs etc in fear of a ban with no Grandfather clause. Then using that money for bolt actions and other non semi autos. Does it seem like the classifieds are showing this?
    People have been selling listing and bumping ARs and AKs for quite awhile now, long before all this stuff started.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I was told on INGO that bumpstocks are just range toys that serve no practical purpose so I should not be bothered with a ban.
    Two things can be true at the same time

It is true that we should never give an inch on arbitrary restrictions to our God-given and Constitutional rights

It is also true that bumpstocks indeed were/are stupid range toys that serve no practical purpose

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    And again, my opinion. For example, if he signed an EO banning AR15 and AK style rifles and lawsuits started that would probably wind up at the Supreme Court. During this time if legislation were to come up I can see the Reps and Senators against the ban holding things up until a decision from the court comes. Also during this time period couple election periods would come up as well.
    Your faith in government solving problems caused by that government seems ... overly optimistic

Remember two things:

The barriers to overturning a bad law are much higher than those required to not allow it to be passed in the first place

Good has to win every battle, Evil only has to win once

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I have a delusional cousin who tries to blame Indiana Republicans for high gas prices. He says all they have to do is eliminate the tax. I just ask him if that will bring it back below $2, he never answers. :nuts:

Some people are just beyond help.
    Also, as I mentioned before (but in a way that jamil among others didn't understand), government never willingly gives up a revenue source. If they end a tax in one area, they will implement another possibly less obvious tax to more than make up for the loss of 'their' money

Government is only really in the business of its own survival and only does enough in other areas to support that main goal, and government needs your money to buy votes with its largesse. Those highway construction kickbacks won't fund themselves

MRE Milkshake

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2022
    Indianapolis
    I thought that way back around ‘84-‘86. Then talked to a guy that was a friends dad. It’s about freedom. Really think they will stop at AR 15’s? Who will speak for those who don’t care as long as they have their 22lr and shotguns, when they come for the 22’s and shotguns?
    Best stick together even if you don’t like or already own what they want to ban.
    Yep, you give them an inch and the politicians will take a mile.

daddyusmaximus

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.9%
    88   1   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Remington
    I already have one with hi cap mags and reload 223, so if they ban them I don`t care, plus I see so many out there for sale on line and at gun shows, how could banning them have any effect?
    Do you have any concept of what freedom really is? I'm guessing you care only about yourself, as there are many who do not yet have one, or who may want another.

OK, I'm gonna say it... People like this scared the crap outta me, as IMHO, these are the type of people most likely to use their firearms for more than just sporting, or defensive uses.

What happens when food is running out, somebody has theirs, so they don't care, but you don't have yours? You gonna try to take food by force? After all YOU got a gun, who cares if others don't have one. You need to do some soul searching pal.

phatgemi

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Oct 1, 2008
    Metamora, IN
    If Biden (and others) say the second amendment is not absolute, then what other amendments are also "not absolute".........dangerous ground. Wish I hadnt lost all my guns in a terrible boating accident. Hope I can scrape enough together to at least get a single shot 12 gauge.

grillak

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 22, 2021
    Indianapolis
    i have LE friends across multiple jurisdictions. they all say they WOULD NOT take part in any confiscations.

of course you have some out there who would gladly trade their firearms for daisies.

op would be the first

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    i have LE friends across multiple jurisdictions. they all say they WOULD NOT take part in any confiscations.

of course you have some out there who would gladly trade their firearms for daisies.

op would be the first
    Never happen that way. The sheeple that all dutifully donned their masks, took multiple doses of vaccines, excuses the killing of Americans by politicians throughout wuwho flu will just turn them in when they say. Then this that do not will be tattled on by their friends and family, including their own kids or grandkids squealing at school to teachers…

wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Off the Grid In Tennessee
    Do you have any concept of what freedom really is? I'm guessing you care only about yourself, as there are many who do not yet have one, or who may want another.

OK, I'm gonna say it... People like this scared the crap outta me, as IMHO, these are the type of people most likely to use their firearms for more than just sporting, or defensive uses.

What happens when food is running out, somebody has theirs, so they don't care, but you don't have yours? You gonna try to take food by force? After all YOU got a gun, who cares if others don't have one. You need to do some soul searching pal.
    Was OP serious? Or just trolling hoping it’s the latter.

Top Bottom